Hyperpigmention/Dark Spots on Private Areas?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
waltman300

Hyperpigmention/Dark Spots on Private Areas?

Post by waltman300 »

So im a male in my mid thirties. I had this issue over a decade ago. I don't remember exactly how this was caused but im pretty sure it had to do with me sitting in a computer chair way too much and using the computer a lot.

My inner thighs... both of them... there is huge hyperpigmentation in both areas. Its like a huge brown/dark spot covering most of it. But not only that... my buttocks as well has the same issue. Back then I saw a dermatologist who saw me and saw a few of them and they gave me some cream called hydroquinone. I remembered i used it and it didn't work at all. But i could also have used it improperly. But i know you aren't suppose to use it for a long period of time.

Does anyone here by any chance have this or had it and know how to get rid of it? Best description I can give is like imagine someone's armpits being extremely dark and they are light skin.... so imagine your both inner thighs looking like that and also more of your inner buttocks having this as well. I been very embarrassed about this for a while and when i saw dermatologists on this over a decade ago, they just gave me hydroquninone and didn't suggest anything else. I remembered i ask if there was some peel or procedure and recall one dermatologist said they do some laser treatment for it but they didn't really want to seem to do it. I'm guessing it is because im a guy because if a woman has this issue, im pretty sure a dermatologist would under it.

I have bought some kojic acid soap a while back but my issue is i was never consistent with it as using it every single day for a long time.

Does anyone here have advice on this? Im sure any woman that has this problem, this would be really embarrasing and any male or female dermatolgist would completely understand. I got to assume lightening it is the proper term to fix this right? Would glycolic acid work or its probably not strong enough? I also have lot of red marks from acne and hyperpigmentation as well as i mentioned this in another thread. But wanted to ask this separately as its a complete different and much more embarrassing issue.
Flyer24

Re: Hyperpigmention/Dark Spots on Private Areas?

Post by Flyer24 »

Medical advice is off-topic for this forum. Topic is locked.