Evernote worth coming back to?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
guppyguy

Evernote worth coming back to?

Post by guppyguy »

I used Evernote about ten years ago and backed away when the CEO left and their platform became unusable. I’m considering trying it again.

To current users, what are your use cases? Feel comfortable with their security for things like financial statements/wills/etc?

I’ve been using a combination of Apple products- Notes, Reminders/Files/Safari Reading List and 1Password for secure documents. I’d like to get everything in one place so I stop having the “where the heck is that and in what medium is it stores” question. It was simpler when it was just a stack of papers and a file cabinet.

Thanks for any advice
Blue456

Re: Evernote worth coming back to?

Post by Blue456 »

guppyguy wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:45 am I used Evernote about ten years ago and backed away when the CEO left and their platform became unusable. I’m considering trying it again.

To current users, what are your use cases? Feel comfortable with their security for things like financial statements/wills/etc?

I’ve been using a combination of Apple products- Notes, Reminders/Files/Safari Reading List and 1Password for secure documents. I’d like to get everything in one place so I stop having the “where the heck is that and in what medium is it stores” question. It was simpler when it was just a stack of papers and a file cabinet.

Thanks for any advice
I use Apple notes since I am everything Apple. So this was an easy choice. If I had a windows computer or android I would have considered google notes and combine it with their email platform/ecosystem. I like to consolidate things and keep it simple (hence I’m all Apple)
runner3081

Post by runner3081 »

Blue456 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:51 am
guppyguy wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:45 am I used Evernote about ten years ago and backed away when the CEO left and their platform became unusable. I’m considering trying it again.

Thanks for any advice
I use Apple notes since I am everything Apple. So this was an easy choice. If I had a windows computer or android I would have considered google notes and combine it with their email platform/ecosystem. I like to consolidate things and keep it simple (hence I’m all Apple)
What are Google Note? Do you mean Google Keep?

If so, I highly recommend. Basic, but never fails.

I use a combo of Google Keep, ToDoIst and Google Drive to organize my life!
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

I've been using Evernote for several years now. Lately I've been unhappy with it. I use it across platforms and they seem to frequently have replication conflicts now. I am actually considering ditching it if I can figure out what to do with all the stuff I already have in Evernote.
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
BeerTooth

Post by BeerTooth »

I used Evernote and dropped it when they dropped the free plan

I now use Microsoft OneNote which is free and I'm happy with it. Syncs smoothly across platforms - I have the full OneNote local on my home Windows laptop, I use the web version in a Chrome browser tab on my Windows work PC, and I have the OneNote app installed on my iPhone
Blue456

Post by Blue456 »

runner3081 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:19 pm
What are Google Note? Do you mean Google Keep?

If so, I highly recommend. Basic, but never fails.

I use a combo of Google Keep, ToDoIst and Google Drive to organize my life!
Yes Google Keep. I keep it to take notes with involved gmail account but would certainly use it if I had non apple devices.