Tesla Solar Shingles

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
singe1987

Tesla Solar Shingles

Post by singe1987 »

Hi There,

Does anyone have any experience with the Tesla Solar Shingles? I need to redo my roof and I am exploring doing solar in the process, so curious to get people's thoughts if they have experience. My biggest hang up is how terrible Tesla customer service & repair is known to be should I have an issue along the way.

Thanks in advance!
Thegame14

Re: Tesla Solar Shingles

Post by Thegame14 »

first and best resource is energysage.com
GerryL

Post by GerryL »

singe1987 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:40 pm Hi There,

Does anyone have any experience with the Tesla Solar Shingles? I need to redo my roof and I am exploring doing solar in the process, so curious to get people's thoughts if they have experience. My biggest hang up is how terrible Tesla customer service & repair is known to be should I have an issue along the way.

Thanks in advance!
My brother is having the Tesla Solar Shingles installed -- like right now. Quite a project. I have messaged him to see whether he would be willing to communicate with you. BTW, what state are you in?
financial.freedom

Post by financial.freedom »

I'm in similar boat, live in CA. I think they're less efficient than the other solar but like the aesthetic better. Will appreciate any feedback as well!
Kompass

Post by Kompass »

Me three!
Carson

Post by Carson »

I know this company out of KS that is installing them and having good success rates. They mention KS, CO, NE and other nearby states.

https://www.weddleandsons.com/tesla
30-something personal finance enthusiast, just get getting started on this whole portfolio thing.