printable costco shopping list

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
mookie

printable costco shopping list

Post by mookie »

Has anyone seen a printable Costco shopping list that includes dry goods as well as groceries, organized by aisle? I googled it, but didn't find anything very useful.
quantAndHold

Re: printable costco shopping list

Post by quantAndHold »

Costcos aren’t all arranged the same, and over time, the mix of items an individual Costco will have changes.
Yes, I’m really that pedantic.
barnaclebob

Post by barnaclebob »

Additionally, the location of items changes within each store fairly regularly. This along with having very few people on the floor to help you find things is part of their strategy to have you search for items and pick up a few extra things you weren't planning on buying.

The "zones" within each costco typically stay put so your best bet may be to group your items by zone. Meat, dairy, dry goods, sundries, freezer area, etc.
CABob

Post by CABob »

One of my gripes about Costco is the fact that they often make minor or major reorganizations of where products can be found. I have a list of often purchased products that I use but I don't think a list by aisle is apt to be useful.
Bob
Topic Author
mookie

Post by mookie »

Good points. Then not by aisle, but rather a list by section of the store?
Hockey10

Post by Hockey10 »

I made a simple spreadsheet that lists the most common items we buy at Costco and what aisle they are in. I have been using this for about a year and most of the items have not moved in that time (such as pasta in aisle 317 and laundry detergent in aisle 311). And most importantly, toilet paper is always in aisle 338 at the back of the store. On the other hand, I have seen things like nachos move several times in the past year.
Dougiefresh

Post by Dougiefresh »

Hockey10 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:50 pm I made a simple spreadsheet that lists the most common items we buy at Costco and what aisle they are in. I have been using this for about a year and most of the items have not moved in that time (such as pasta in aisle 317 and laundry detergent in aisle 311). And most importantly, toilet paper is always in aisle 338 at the back of the store. On the other hand, I have seen things like nachos move several times in the past year."

Our family uses "Our Groceries
https://www.ourgroceries.com/your-lists/. It's an app which keeps a list of your grocery items. So for example, when I go shopping I can view all of the items we need to purchase at Trader Joes. You can sort by the stores that you shop at. You create the descriptions (which I think would work fine at Costco. It's easy to use and we share it within our family unit.
batpot

Post by batpot »

I use an android app called Color Note, and organize the shopping list by the route I take through the store.
Random Poster

Post by Random Poster »

CABob wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:04 pm One of my gripes about Costco is the fact that they often make minor or major reorganizations of where products can be found. I have a list of often purchased products that I use but I don't think a list by aisle is apt to be useful.
Neither here nor there, really, but:

When I worked at Sam’s Club years and years ago, I would often be told to move certain pallets of stuff to another area because the sales data for that particular square foot of space was better than another square foot of space.

It seemed odd to me that people would buy more canned corn because it was in X location than Y location, but maybe there is something to it, at least to some degree (ie, endcaps and visibility, or putting tortilla chips next to the nacho cheese cans).

But, at the same time, if I’m shopping for corn, I’m going to buy regardless of where it is in the store. And constantly having to search for the corn because the sales data says place X sells better than place Y sure does get annoying quick.