Itunes Gift Cards, where to get a deal?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
jfn111

Itunes Gift Cards, where to get a deal?

Post by jfn111 »

I used to be able to save a few bucks at Sam's Club and get $50 dollars worth of Itunes gift cards for $45.00 dollars. It seems Sam's Club quit carrying them. Anyone know where a good place is to get a discount on these?
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: Itunes Gift Cards, where to get a deal?

Post by LadyGeek »

This thread is now in the Personal Consumer Issues forum (gift cards).
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
ZinCO

Post by ZinCO »

They don't really exist anymore. They were recently merged with Apple Store gift cards, and can now be used to purchase apple products (not just media and apps in iTunes). For that reason I wouldn't expect to see much in the way of discounts going forward.
Topic Author
jfn111

Post by jfn111 »

ZinCO wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:01 pm They don't really exist anymore. They were recently merged with Apple Store gift cards, and can now be used to purchase apple products (not just media and apps in iTunes). For that reason I wouldn't expect to see much in the way of discounts going forward.
That makes sense.
Thank you!
Go Blue 99

Post by Go Blue 99 »

You likely won’t see the discounts on these like there used to be. But you can still find deals. For example Best Buy had a deal last month where you would get a $10 BB gift card if you bought a $100 apple gift card. Target did something similar over there summer.
Trism

Post by Trism »

When I scan credit card spending offers from Amex, Bank of America, Chase, etc., I'm always asking myself, "Does this merchant sell other companies' gift cards?"

For example, earlier this year one of my Amex cards offered 10% back at Lowe's on up to $1,000 in purchases. I spent the full amount on gift cards that I could use at Amazon, BP, Netflix, Five Guys, Ebay, etc.
classicindexer

Post by classicindexer »

jfn111 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:36 pm
ZinCO wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:01 pm They don't really exist anymore. They were recently merged with Apple Store gift cards, and can now be used to purchase apple products (not just media and apps in iTunes). For that reason I wouldn't expect to see much in the way of discounts going forward.
That makes sense.
Thank you!
Last year on Black Friday or over that weekend I bought a few $100 iTunes gift cards for $80 from Costco and Amazon. Used them to load up my account balance to “get a discount” for the monthly Apple Music and iCloud subscriptions.

Was hoping to do the same this year, although now having just learned that they merged the two types, well who knows if we’ll see the same sale on Black Friday. You can search SlickDeals.net and sign up for alerts there.
ZinCO

Post by ZinCO »

classicindexer wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:24 pm
jfn111 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:36 pm
That makes sense.
Thank you!
Last year on Black Friday or over that weekend I bought a few $100 iTunes gift cards for $80 from Costco and Amazon. Used them to load up my account balance to “get a discount” for the monthly Apple Music and iCloud subscriptions.

Was hoping to do the same this year, although now having just learned that they merged the two types, well who knows if we’ll see the same sale on Black Friday. You can search SlickDeals.net and sign up for alerts there.
My Costco doesn't seem to stock Apple cards anymore (or Google Play cards, which can be used for YoutubeTV) so it will definitely be interesting to see which, if any, retailers are going to set the floor for either card type this Black Friday.