Picking-up Coins

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
gcmesa

Picking-up Coins

Post by gcmesa »

Hello everybody

When you see a coin on the floor or in a parking lot, do you pick it up, and why?
celia

Re: Picking-up Coins

Post by celia »

Yes, I collect ‘found’ coins.

I have relatives who are runners. They picked up coins while running and saved the state quarters in separate glass jars. When one of them died, there was about $50 in coinage just in those quarters.
A dollar in Roth is worth more than a dollar in a taxable account. A dollar in taxable is worth more than a dollar in a tax-deferred account.
Johm221122

Post by Johm221122 »

Definitely
I live in the city and take public transportation. Coins always come in handy
IowaFarmBoy

Post by IowaFarmBoy »

Yes. It's free money and I view bending over to pick them up as exercise.
backpacker61

Post by backpacker61 »

Yes, it keeps me limber and agile.

And my parents grew up in the depression, so I had "thrifty" impressed on me at an early age.

I put them in the console in the car, to use for tips in restaurants, or when paying cash at the self checkout kiosk at the grocery or Walmart.
“Now shall I walk or shall I ride? | 'Ride,' Pleasure said; | 'Walk,' Joy replied.” | | ― W.H. Davies
oldcomputerguy
Location: In the middle of five acres of woods in East Tennessee

Post by oldcomputerguy »

This topic is locked (general comment, not actionable, not a consumer issue). See Personal Consumer Issues:
This subforum is focused on making informed decisions about consumer goods and services (other than investing or financial).

Acceptable topics include:

- consumer goods and services (e.g., dress shirts, laptops, software)
- home maintenance
- vehicle purchases and maintenance
- leisure and recreational activities: travel, sports, entertainment

Note that topics must be directly connected to your (or your friend's or family's) life as a consumer. General comments or complaints about these topics will be locked or removed.

Note that this subforum has a much lower threshold for locking or removing posts than the financial and investing subforums. In general, controversial, offensive, pointless, divisive or mean-spirited posts or topics may be locked, edited or deleted (with or without notice) at the discretion of the moderating staff even if they do not otherwise violate forum policies.
"I’ve come around to this: If you’re dumb, surround yourself with smart people; and if you’re smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you." (Aaron Sorkin)