Your recent experience of visiting a dentist

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
sabhen

Your recent experience of visiting a dentist

Post by sabhen »

I have not gone to the dentist this year for obvious reasons to do with Corona pandemic. I usually go at least twice year for teeth cleaning.

I would like to have dental implants. I am willing to wait until next year.

Can you share your experience if you have gone to a dentist?
lthenderson

Re: Your recent experience of visiting a dentist

Post by lthenderson »

Went to my normally scheduled appointment back in May. There wasn't anything different about it other than they asked me questions about travel and fevers before they allowed me back in the exam room and I had to wear a mask up until the point they were ready to start cleaning my teeth.
keanoz

Post by keanoz »

They checked my temp as I walked in, they limit the number of people in the office, and they had air purifiers throughout the office
bob60014

Post by bob60014 »

No issues. All the usual Screening, protection, distancing, etc being done. Only two patients allowed in the treatment area at a time, it can accommodate 6. I was very comfortable.
squirm

Post by squirm »

I've gone. No issues, they had me call them when I got there, so no waiting room basically then took temp and covid questions. Not a big deal.
Scooter17

Post by Scooter17 »

I took my kids, protocols where over the top and cleanings where done with a toothbrush no polisher. I cancelled my appointment. Plus $10 surcharge for PPE. I will note this is a high end extremely reputable dentist that I’ve been going to for 40 years.
kd2008

Post by kd2008 »

The usual temperature check and CDC questionnaire. I avoided touching surfaces. They made sure all equipment used for me came from a sterilized packaging and discarded safely. Same as ever. Everyone wore masks etc.
matti

Post by matti »

sabhen wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:56 pm I have not gone to the dentist this year for obvious reasons to do with Corona pandemic. I usually go at least twice year for teeth cleaning.

I went to the dentist last week and here's what I experienced:

1. I pulled into the parking lot and called the front desk. They asked me the standard CDC questions regarding if I've have COVID, been near anyone that had it, etc.

2. They came out to my car. I opened the door and they scanned my forehead for temperature. I then signed the CDC questionnaire attesting that I was honest in my answers.

3. I put on my mask and they brought me directly to the hygienist's office. (No waiting in the waiting room!)

4. The cleaning was done as usual. They also gave me a toothbrush and a small container of floss, as usual.

5. I put on my mask and left the building.

Overall, it was very efficient and quick.
Mako

Post by Mako »

I went last week for a cleaning and x-rays.

At the door I had to use sanitizer and fill out a form stating that I wasn’t sick, hadn’t had recent COVID exposure, etc., and consenting to the risk that I could catch it there.

After that they had me wash hands with soap for 20 seconds and sit in the waiting room. Seats were socially distanced.

Hygienist came and got me. She had a large mask covering her entire face, like Andy Reid had last week if you saw that. I had my mask on except when I was in the chair. I felt fine as far as safety goes.

Other than that everything seemed as normal. Chatted with the dentist and he said It was tough losing all the business earlier in the year but business was really good right now. No PPE charge.
alpenglow

Post by alpenglow »

I was desperate for a cleaning and finally went last week. My dentist was great. The office was only handling one patient at a time. They called my phone when it was my turn. They checked my temperature and asked the standard questions. I signed something regarding treatment during COVID and let me keep the pen. The dentist and hygienist wore masks and face shields. All good.
tooluser

Post by tooluser »

Just had a cleaning today. Los Angeles.
- Screening questions about COVID symptoms and contacts, both when confirming the appointment beforehand, and in the office.
- I was asked to wear a mask until the cleaning began.
- No other patients present. Only two staff.
- They took my temperature in the waiting room. Four of the usual five chairs were blocked off, so there was only one seat if you needed it or perhaps were accompanied by someone.
- They had hand sanitizer, plastic gloves, and tissues to open door handles if desired, but was not required to use.
- $10 not-insurance-coverable charge for extra PPE for the hygienist, and a pre-procedure mouth wash to help kill bacteria. Hygienist wore a face shield and disposable gown in addition to the usual mask, magnifying lenses, and headlamp.
- Tools were unsealed from packaging as I watched (usually they would have been pre-opened and laid out on the tray).
- Plastic wrap on anything the hygienist or patient touches with their fingers. (This has been standard since the 1990's.)
- No spraying of water or air (trying to limit aerosolization of mouth debris), just scraping and occasional opportunity to swish and rinse from a cup of diluted mouth wash. I imagine this would be different for fillings etc.
- Fluoride varnish painting on teeth, but no polishing, or flossing with fluoridated floss.
- Usual goody bag to encourage good oral hygiene. (I always wonder if they make money from the advertising. Surely the products are free.)
- Everyone was in high spirits. I think they and I will be okay.
Grt2bOutdoors

Post by Grt2bOutdoors »

I went, my dentist would only see 1 patient at a time in the office. No one else allowed in the waiting rooms. I filled out the CDC forms, wore a mask up until the point of dental exam, used hand sanitizer before I was permitted to sit in the chair and had cleaning. Prior to the cleaning I was made to rinse my mouth out with an alcohol based mouthwash-think Listerine in the yuck brown format - I’m certain it killed everything and maybe the dentist too with that odor. Oh yeah, the normal rinse after cleaning was not with water, it was mouthwash. Finished, put the mask back on, hand sanitizer again, then I could leave the office. I saw the dentist - they cleaned the exam room before and after use but before I left. Everyone was wearing masks and visors, gowns. They took sanitary conditions seriously.
"One should invest based on their need, ability and willingness to take risk - Larry Swedroe" Asking Portfolio Questions
adamthesmythe

Post by adamthesmythe »

A month or so ago. My dentist had this air evacuation thing to put in the mouth to allow use of the ultrasonic scaler. Other precautions similar to described above.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

sabhen wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:56 pm I have not gone to the dentist this year for obvious reasons to do with Corona pandemic. I usually go at least twice year for teeth cleaning.

You should go.

I have had a cleaning and several crowns worked on. DW has had teeth extracted for implants. Safety protocols as reported by others have been in place. We feel very safe and comfortable.

Dentists in general seem to be taking the COVID situation very seriously.
It's a GREAT day to be alive - Travis Tritt
renter

Post by renter »

keanoz wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:01 pm They checked my temp as I walked in, they limit the number of people in the office, and they had air purifiers throughout the office
Same here. And they were also wiping door knobs on the front door as I came in after I touched them. They were being as careful as they could be. I felt ok.
Calico

Post by Calico »

I just went to the dentist today. Aside from having to wait in my car until my appointment, having to sign a form saying I wasn't sick, and having my temperature checked, it was pretty much the same as any visit. The dentist, of course, worse a mask and face shield. Then again, she always did before so it was really no different. I wore a mask on my way in, but couldn't wear it for the appointment of course.
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius »

I had a routine cleaning. They checked my temperature, they had only one patient in the office at a time, the dentist wore an N95 mask, her assistant wore a procedure mask. The biggest difference was that previously, she worked without an assistant; this time, she had an assistant to hold a suction tube so that there was continuous suction, I assume to minimize ejection of saliva droplets. It was more than two week ago and I didn't get sick, so I guess all was well.

I am being pretty cautious but the importance of dental work seemed to justify the risk involved. I admit to stalling about six weeks after what would have been the normal time, in hopes that the case rate in my state would be down--which it was.
Last edited by nisiprius on Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
willthrill81

Post by willthrill81 »

My wife and I have both had routine cleanings, root canals, crowns, and fillings done this year with no problems at all. We obviously cannot wear masks, but the dentists and their assistant have worn masks and face shields.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” J.R.R. Tolkien,The Lord of the Rings
Tingting1013

Post by Tingting1013 »

This thread is eye opening

My wife & I are avoiding the dentist until 1) we get our COVID vaccines, or 2) we start feeling tooth pain, whichever comes first.
Rdytoretire

Post by Rdytoretire »

I have gone for routine cleaning and another appointment. I feel a dentist visit is probably safer than a trip to the grocery store or other situations such as dining at an outdoor restaurant.

I also need an implant and knowing that it can take a year from start to finish I rather not delay. Mind as well get that done while I'm mostly stuck at home due to Covid.
Grt2bOutdoors

Post by Grt2bOutdoors »

Tingting1013 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:07 pm This thread is eye opening

My wife & I are avoiding the dentist until 1) we get our COVID vaccines, or 2) we start feeling tooth pain, whichever comes first.
What you don't like washing your hands and swigging some Listerine?
"One should invest based on their need, ability and willingness to take risk - Larry Swedroe" Asking Portfolio Questions
Tingting1013

Post by Tingting1013 »

Grt2bOutdoors wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:37 pm

I don’t like unnecessarily spending time in an indoor environment with strangers when my county is still classified as “widespread COVID transmission”
Grt2bOutdoors

Post by Grt2bOutdoors »

Tingting1013 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:40 pm

I don’t like unnecessarily spending time in an indoor environment with strangers when my county is still classified as “widespread COVID transmission”
A dentist and his assistant plus you are in the office. They could be looking at you and saying - what is this stranger doing in my office? But if you are in need of service, then get it. Delaying will only cause you more problems later. Also, the region where my dentist was located is considered an area of heightened activity, if you catch my drift. Hence the safety protocols being followed.
MDfan

Post by MDfan »

I got an implant back in August and visited the oral surgeon/periodontist about 3 times. I have been to my regular dentist a few times since March. Also, I go to my chiropractor monthly. Have not felt unsafe at all.

But other than not eating in restaurants and working FT from home, I haven't really changed what I normally do that much. I just wear a mask and go on with my life. Play golf weekly, go to the grocery store on occasion, upcoming beach house vacation, etc.
Tingting1013

Post by Tingting1013 »

Grt2bOutdoors wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:51 pm

A dentist and his assistant plus you are in the office. They could be looking at you and saying - what is this stranger doing in my office?
Saw this quote in another thread that I think is apropos here:

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

MDfan wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:05 pm I got an implant back in August and visited the oral surgeon/periodontist about 3 times. I have been to my regular dentist a few times since March. Also, I go to my chiropractor monthly. Have not felt unsafe at all.

But other than not eating in restaurants and working FT from home, I haven't really changed what I normally do that much. I just wear a mask and go on with my life. Play golf weekly, go to the grocery store on occasion, upcoming beach house vacation, etc.
And that’s the way that I feel too. Our church has opened up for in person services. I go to the gym.

After the initial shutdowns, life goes on.
It's a GREAT day to be alive - Travis Tritt
Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap »

Teeth cleaning 4x/year.
Excellent health protocols.

Only thing missing is my lack of nerve and stamina when it comes to anything dentistry. :shock:
j :D
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know
stimulacra

Post by stimulacra »

Went to the dentist 5 months ago. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Took my daughter not too long ago, some screening questions and there was a 30 minute buffer between appointments so that there was no one in the waiting area before or after.

If you're going to the grocery store, it's probably less risky than that.
Doom&Gloom

Post by Doom&Gloom »

That was my plan until I chipped a tooth a few months ago. No pain, but I decided to keep my already scheduled follow-up appt. Dentist found another small repair he needed to do so he scheduled an appt to fix both a couple of weeks later. No issues so far. I will probably revert to my original plan and serially re-schedule future appts unless I'm having problems.
TravelforFun

Post by TravelforFun »

I had three implants installed in February and the crowns put in in May. The dentist's office was quieter than usual and of course they checked everyone's temperature. I felt very safe.

TravelforFun
cheese_breath

Post by cheese_breath »

Two or three months ago. They made me wait in the car, came out to get me when they were ready, and took me in the back door. Asked me the normal Covid questions, took my temp, and made me swish some awful tasting stuff around in my mouth for 30 seconds. Everybody except me was completely covered... gown, gloves and masks. The actual checkup and cleaning was just as usual. Escorted me out the back door when it was all done.
The surest way to know the future is when it becomes the past.

Post by 123 »

Our family dentist re-opened his office in June. Due to a lost filing during the shutdown I made an appointment and went in. The dental staff all wore appropriate PPE and appointments were staggered to avoid any waiting room crowd. I was totally comfortable with the situation but the office building seemed to have no other activity then my dentist's office.

A family member was scheduled for periodontal surgery shortly after the shutdown began. His oral surgeon resumed surgeries in June and he had his in July. His experience was similar to mine, staff was totally professional with PPE etc and procedure was otherwise uneventful.
The closest helping hand is at the end of your own arm.
JS-Elcano

Post by JS-Elcano »

I went for a cleaning and check-up last week. Due to Covid, my originally scheduled appointment in March had beem rescheduled for May and then rescheduled again to last week. I went to the office and there was only one other patient in the waiting room. Most chairs were taped off. I had temperature measured and waited for about 5 min before moving into the treatment room, which had a heavy plastic curtain in the door frame. I and eveyone else was wearing a mask. I got the mouthwash before the procedure started. The hyginist was wearing full-length PPE, N95 mask and a face shield. Instruments were preped in my presence, as always. Before the cleaning she took annual x-rays. The cleaning itself was the same as always, including polishing and flossing. I got my goodie bag, scheduled another appointment in 6 months, and drove home.
Chris K Jones

Post by Chris K Jones »

I have been twice during pandemic. First was in June at new periodontist office for cleaning. Staff seemed scared to death. You waited in waiting room where people were 6 ft apart. Cleaning was normal but they used device which constantly provided vacuum to decrease aerosol spread. This made my teeth more sensitive than usual.

Second trip was last week for cleaning (I go every 3 months) with regular dentist. They know me well. Had you wait outside in your car or nearby till they were ready for you. Dentist did cleaning and she wore 3 masks. Said she was supposed to wear 4 but couldnt breathe with 4. Also wore face shield. As a result, she was very hard to hear. Otherwise everything was pretty much normal.

Best wishes.
dbr

Post by dbr »

Taking temperatures is not a particularly effective measure for screening people. Anyone already having a fever is sick enough that they should already know they are too sick to go out. The other half of the people are the dangerous ones. Keeping people out of waiting rooms and other common areas should help a lot.

Also be aware that they are using healthcare N95 respirators without exhaust valves, or they will be protected, but you won't. Dental care might be the worst because you can't use any protection for yourself.

I did not notice how much is being done to effectively ventilate the work area. A significant airflow from ceiling to floor with good exhaust would be most helpful, but I doubt very many medical workspaces are yet so designed. In cold climates the exhaust air would have to be filtered and/or disinfected before being recirculated.
tibbitts

Post by tibbitts »

I don't see why it's "eye opening." I can understand your position, as long as you aren't spending time indoors with anyone including family members who haven't been exclusively a part of your household since before Covid-19. It's the "strangers" part that seems odd and inconsistent.
dbr

Post by dbr »

tibbitts wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:10 am
I don't see why it's "eye opening." I can understand your position, as long as you aren't spending time indoors with anyone including family members who haven't been exclusively a part of your household since before Covid-19. It's the "strangers" part that seems odd and inconsistent.
Yep, it applies to people you know and even family as well, except that you may have more information from people you know about who has been sick, who has been tested with what result, and who everyone associates with.

This healthcare during Covid is a major dilemma. I currently have a dermatologist appointment for a check for skin cancer. I am one of those people in the risk group for that. Right now my chance of a problem from not getting check-ups might be similar to my risk from contracting a virus at a clinic. At first the thought was that Covid would be suppressed, but that is not happening in my state. The incidence of new cases is actually a tad higher than what we had in April and May.

Perhaps not relevant but we recently had a tragic death of a young person who died of sepsis from an untreated infected tooth. Unfortunately the problem was lack of health insurance (long story) rather than Covid fears, but it is a lesson. Most people would not let something go to that extent, Covid or no Covid.
rsgdmd

Post by rsgdmd »

dbr wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:29 am Taking temperatures is not a particularly effective measure for screening people. Anyone already having a fever is sick enough that they should already know they are too sick to go out. The other half of the people are the dangerous ones. Keeping people out of waiting rooms and other common areas should help a lot.

Also be aware that they are using healthcare N95 respirators without exhaust valves, or they will be protected, but you won't. Dental care might be the worst because you can't use any protection for yourself.

I did not notice how much is being done to effectively ventilate the work area. A significant airflow from ceiling to floor with good exhaust would be most helpful, but I doubt very many medical workspaces are yet so designed. In cold climates the exhaust air would have to be filtered and/or disinfected before being recirculated.
N95 respirators for healthcare use do not have exhaust valves and protect both parties. No one should be wearing masks with exhaust valves these days.
rsgdmd

Post by rsgdmd »

dbr wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:22 am
tibbitts wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:10 am

Perhaps not relevant but we recently had a tragic death of a young person who died of sepsis from an untreated infected tooth. Unfortunately the problem was lack of health insurance (long story) rather than Covid fears, but it is a lesson. Most people would not let something go to that extent, Covid or no Covid.
Unfortunately, people do let things go & people die from untreated dental infections. From a published study: Researchers found that between 2000 and 2008, there were more than 61,000 hospitalizations nationally for periapical abscesses, an infection at the tip of a tooth's root that is a common symptom of untreated tooth decay. Of those 61,000-plus stays, 66 patients died.
There are other types of infections that also cause hospitalizations and can cause death.
Patzer

Post by Patzer »

Don't wait too long... most of my dental problems stem from a few years in college when I didn't bother to go to the dentist.
Now, I go every 6 months and it keeps me out of trouble.
Just went a few weeks ago.
Good experience.

Temperature checked as soon as I walked in the door.
Everyone wearing masks.
The person that cleaned my teeth was wearing a disposable surgical mask, which she threw out after each patient overtop an N95 mask, which she keeps on all day, and she had a full face shield, over top the goggles she normally wears.
Teeth cleaning was more painful than usual and took about 15 minutes longer, because they used tools that are less efficient, but create less aerosols.

Normally, it's covered in full by my insurance, but I had to pay a $12 charge, I assume for PPE, but I didn't ask.
Even when I signed the bill, they had a separate jar for clean pens and used pens.
Bcdkgf

Post by Bcdkgf »

My visit back in July went badly.

Was told to call and wait in the car. I did so. While, I was waiting, my hygienist came out with two of her patients, all three within 2 feet of each other and NO masks on them.

The couple goes into their car and drives off. The hygenist walks over to my car, maskless. I am wearing a mask per Covid protocols. I follow her to the office. She opens office door for me, takes my temperature, and tells me what room to go into. No other patients are present.

I lay down on couch, She enters rooms, masked and gowned now. Time for full mouth x ray. Then proceeds to look and clean my teeth with the scraper tool and comments how little plaque I have (low carb diet). Then polishes with rotary tool. Dentist then comes in masked and gowned. All is good. He leaves.

Hygienist makes next appointment with her computer behind me, I get up and she is maskless and approaches me with goody bag. I back up into the x-ray machine, and she tells me to be careful. I tell her I am getting as far as I can away from her since both of us are maskless. She has no clue, I grab goody bag, run out of office and sani-gel my hands since I touched the door and the goody bag.

I survived the experience.
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

cheese_breath wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:45 pm Two or three months ago. They made me wait in the car, came out to get me when they were ready, and took me in the back door. Asked me the normal Covid questions, took my temp, and made me swish some awful tasting stuff around in my mouth for 30 seconds. Everybody except me was completely covered... gown, gloves and masks. The actual checkup and cleaning was just as usual. Escorted me out the back door when it was all done.
Process was similar to yours, with some additional steps:
I had to rinse with that stuff every 20 minutes, since apparently that’s how long it’s effective for.

They had 2 IQAir medical grade HEPA filters going, and a third one that had a special contraption on it that was near my face and sucked in air. It was loud enough that my dentist’s music, which I enjoy, was drowned out by the fans and I made a game of trying to guess the song by his assistant’s humming.

I wore my mask except for when they got down to business. If I were not in the middle of a year long process, I would have passed. I have not been inside a store since March.
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
Tingting1013

Post by Tingting1013 »

Bcdkgf wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:50 am My visit back in July went badly.

Was told to call and wait in the car. I did so. While, I was waiting, my hygienist came out with two of her patients, all three within 2 feet of each other and NO masks on them.

The couple goes into their car and drives off. The hygenist walks over to my car, maskless. I am wearing a mask per Covid protocols. I follow her to the office. She opens office door for me, takes my temperature, and tells me what room to go into. No other patients are present.

I lay down on couch, She enters rooms, masked and gowned now. Time for full mouth x ray. Then proceeds to look and clean my teeth with the scraper tool and comments how little plaque I have (low carb diet). Then polishes with rotary tool. Dentist then comes in masked and gowned. All is good. He leaves.

Hygienist makes next appointment with her computer behind me, I get up and she is maskless and approaches me with goody bag. I back up into the x-ray machine, and she tells me to be careful. I tell her I am getting as far as I can away from her since both of us are maskless. She has no clue, I grab goody bag, run out of office and sani-gel my hands since I touched the door and the goody bag.

I survived the experience.
What a nightmare. Thank you for validating my decision.
daheld

Post by daheld »

Same here. My wife is cutting my hair until there is a vaccine. Dentist and haircuts are the top two things that get me in close contact for extended periods of time with people who spend a lot of time in close contact with lots and lots (and LOTS) of other people, and I will not be taking this chance unless I absolutely have to.
Tingting1013

Post by Tingting1013 »

daheld wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:36 am

Same here. My wife is cutting my hair until there is a vaccine. Dentist and haircuts are the top two things that get me in close contact for extended periods of time with people who spend a lot of time in close contact with lots and lots (and LOTS) of other people, and I will not be taking this chance unless I absolutely have to.
Exactly.

I don’t how people can say the dentist is safer than going to the grocery store. The grocery cashier is not breathing down my face for 30 min.
prudent

Post by prudent »

I'm sure there are dentists operating across the entire spectrum of cautiousness. I would just ask what they are doing.

I had an emergency procedure done last month.
  • I had to call from my car on arrival
  • They came out masked and took my temperature and asked me some screening questions
  • I had to wear a mask going into the office
  • Distancing enforced in the waiting room
  • Had to sanitize my hands on entry
  • In the treatment room, removed my mask, I had to rinse with peroxide 30 seconds
  • The assistant and the dentist were masked with face shields the entire time
  • I had to replace my mask when I got out of the chair
I think they were more at risk than I was, given I never encountered anyone not wearing a mask at any time.
squirm

Post by squirm »

wife had her tooth removed last week, i went with her and also went in the dental room with wife so I could to talk to the dentist to make sure he wasn't going to try and talk her into something she didn't want. they were all wearing mask. no issues.
marcwd

Post by marcwd »

My quarterly periodontal cleanings since the office reopened have omitted the usual ultrasonic (Cavitron) and teeth polishing components. Mechanical scraping only. COVID precautions were first-rate.
dbr

Post by dbr »

TomatoTomahto wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:08 am

They had 2 IQAir medical grade HEPA filters going, and a third one that had a special contraption on it that was near my face and sucked in air. It was loud enough that my dentist’s music, which I enjoy, was drowned out by the fans and I made a game of trying to guess the song by his assistant’s humming.
I'm not sure how effectively a room space can be cleaned by recirculating the air through filters, but it can be done if the throughput is high enough. A better plan is laminar air flow from top to bottom or one end to the other and then cleaning the air before recirculation. Vacuuming away the exhaled air stream sounds like a really good idea. The exhaled airflow of a person is about 6l/min or .2cfm. A vacuum cleaner pumps around 50cfm so assuming you can collect the airstream it would seem a small suction device really could scavenge the exhalation of a patient and maybe even of the hygienist as well. Containment at the source is always a better contamination control method than cleaning after the fact.
MDfan

Post by MDfan »

Stinky wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:29 pm
MDfan wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:05 pm I got an implant back in August and visited the oral surgeon/periodontist about 3 times. I have been to my regular dentist a few times since March. Also, I go to my chiropractor monthly. Have not felt unsafe at all.

And that’s the way that I feel too. Our church has opened up for in person services. I go to the gym.

After the initial shutdowns, life goes on.
I mean, I take precautions, but no way I'm staying locked in my house. We still take trips (by car for now), I still play golf regularly and I go to the store a couple of times a week if I need something (I've never been a big store-goer anyway). The two things I'm staying away from for now are indoor dining and the gym. Neither is a big loss because there are plenty of restaurants with outdoor seating and I can walk and work out at home. I feel pretty safe at the dentist, chiropractor, etc.