What would you do?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
pennywise88

What would you do?

Post by pennywise88 »

I want to start a business or nonprofit that makes the world a better place. What ideas do you have for a business or nonprofit that you would like to see created?
gordoni2

Re: What would you do?

Post by gordoni2 »

You might want to check out Charity Entrepreneurship:
Each year Charity Entrepreneurship identifies highly effective interventions in chosen cause areas. [...] Our 2020 research period focused on four cause areas: mental health, animal advocacy, family planning, and health & development policy.
https://www.charityentrepreneurship.com/blog
Johm221122

Post by Johm221122 »

I'd start with doing something local because making the world a better place is an extremely large goal for someone just starting a business. Start with a smaller goal and build on it.
IMO

Post by IMO »

pennywise88 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:00 am I want to start a business or nonprofit that makes the world a better place. What ideas do you have for a business or nonprofit that you would like to see created?
I suppose that depends on how much capital one desires to commit to the business.

How much of your $20 million from the recent sale of your business are you investing?
RonSwanson

Post by RonSwanson »

I'm interested in something along the lines of improving the world of foster care, adoption, etc.
Flyer24

Post by Flyer24 »

Topic is not a personal consumer issue. Business ideas are off topic.