Workaholics in your workplace, how do you deal with them?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
investingdad

Workaholics in your workplace, how do you deal with them?

Post by investingdad »

If you have workaholics in your place of business, how do you deal with them?

We have a few, including one in a very senior role with the ear of executive mgmt who makes a point of subtely, and sometimes not subtely, letting everyone know he works 7 days a week...implying that others should be doing the same. He makes a point of passive aggressively calling out people who are off on vacation (he works on vacation).

I've often viewed my BH approach of investing for retirement starting in my mid 20s as the solution to avoid having to do this. I don't live for work, I have outside interests that are more important to me.

I've always wondered if the workaholics are going to be lost on that first day they wake up with no job to go to. Or maybe they'll just work into the grave.

In any case, I've taken the approach of ignoring the workaholics as much as possible and staying out of their groups.
prudent

Re: Workaholics in your workplace, how do you deal with them?

Post by prudent »

Topic is locked, not a consumer issue. See Personal Consumer Issues
This subforum is focused on making informed decisions about consumer goods and services (other than investing or financial).

Acceptable topics include:

- consumer goods and services (e.g., dress shirts, laptops, software)
- home maintenance
- vehicle purchases and maintenance
- leisure and recreational activities: travel, sports, entertainment

Note that topics must be directly connected to your (or your friend's or family's) life as a consumer.