best mesh wifi system on the market?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Hoosier CPA

Re: best mesh wifi system on the market?

Post by Hoosier CPA »

CeeKay1729 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:43 am Do you have a Costco membership? Deco M9 Plus Tri Band is on sale for $199. Hands down the best mesh network at that price point. Tri bank with dedicated wireless backhaul.

I have spectrum 200mb and get full signal everywhere in a 3100 sq ft two story home.
I got that one too. Kind of backed into it by accident - I needed a better system after COVID moved me to WFH, and that was all Costco had left. Figured it was worth a shot, and we've been happy with it.
gwe67

Post by gwe67 »

Is there a mesh wifi system that does not collect and share personal information/browsing history? Does using VPN make this a moot point?
Support this site with a purchase thru Amazon: | http://www.amazon.com/s/?search-alias=aps&tag=bogleheads.org-20&field-keywords=Bogleheads
gpburdell

Post by gpburdell »

Quercus Palustris wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:11 pm
madbrain wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:42 pm
BigMoneyGrip wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:37 am Anyone using Unifi equipment? Considering adding a dream machine and a couple of access points.
Yes, Unifi is great if you are a techie and like to be able to configure your system exactly the way you want. Eg: different settings on different access points. The Wifi 6 access points are still in "early access" though, ie. beta.
Whenever our Google Onhub bites the dust, I'm considering an mesh from Amplifi - Ubiquiti's consumer line. But so far so good w/ ancient Onhub.
+1 for Amplifi. I don't need mesh as I've got several Ubiquiti APs to cover my house. If I went mesh, I'd avoid the Google one for privacy concerns.
gpburdell

Post by gpburdell »

madbrain wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:42 pm
BigMoneyGrip wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:37 am Anyone using Unifi equipment? Considering adding a dream machine and a couple of access points.
Yes, Unifi is great if you are a techie and like to be able to configure your system exactly the way you want. Eg: different settings on different access points. The Wifi 6 access points are still in "early access" though, ie. beta.
The Wifi6 LR and Lite APs are available for pre-order in the main store now.