Just Ordered Peloton Bike

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
OnceARunner

Re: Just Ordered Peloton Bike

Post by OnceARunner »

1year23 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:17 pm I just placed an order for a Peloton bike. I am wondering if original poster bought one and if he is happy with it.
OP already stated above that his bike arrived and he really enjoyed his first ride.
Normchad

Post by Normchad »

1year23 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:17 pm I just placed an order for a Peloton bike. I am wondering if original poster bought one and if he is happy with it.
I also just ordered one. Based in part on the feedback from owners in this thread. I hope to have it about a month.

I too would like to hear an update from the OP!
1year23

Post by 1year23 »

There is a very strong rumor out there that Peloton will be announcing a new bike. The new bike will have additional features eg tablet that pivots and integration with Apple Watch.
tesuzuki2002

Post by tesuzuki2002 »

Thank you for your order!!!!
Topic Author
RJC

Post by RJC »

Happy with the purchase. It's been over a month now and we've never worked out so consistently. The right mix of classes, metrics, and simplicity make you wanting to go back for more.

Good luck and see you on the leader board.
Last edited by RJC on Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topic Author
RJC

Post by RJC »

Normchad wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:06 am
I also just ordered one. Based in part on the feedback from owners in this thread. I hope to have it about a month.

You will not be disappointed. We love the bike and feel great.
Normchad

Post by Normchad »

RJC wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:33 pm
Normchad wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:06 am

You will not be disappointed. We love the bike and feel great.
Thanks for the update! Very much looking forward to it.

Cheers to improved health!
BarbaricYawp

Post by BarbaricYawp »

IMO wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:48 pm I'm curious, why are people using these more during the Covid shutdown? Isn't it more appealing to get outside in the fresh air on a real bike?

Not knocking that people get into shape with this or other indoor exercise equipment, but seems odd to not want to actually get outside and exercise.
I live in a rural area with NO road shoulder. I'd have to drive somewhere to be able to road bike safely and that would make it something that needs to be planned and scheduled. I *do* plan to do some actual recreational riding once I am back in some semblance of shape, but I don't think I can make that my primary form of exercise. Not enough hours in the day.

And you don't need to spend thousands. I bought a $500 Echelon (Pelaton knockoff) from WalMart and have been very happy with it. Paired it with a $100 TV/DVD combo from WalMart and, since I use my cell phone for connectivity, spent another $20 on a cable. So, $620 and I can cycle whenever I have 30-45 minutes between meetings. I'm using regular tennis shoes, but the pedals on the Echelon have clips on the underside, so I think you can use those it they are your preference. I just started 2 weeks ago and I am already noticing changes riding 4x a week (I do yoga or stretching on the off days, following my ancient Lotte Berk DVDs). I really like having my own mini-gym a flight of stairs away and, as others have noted, I feel more upbeat and energetic in the mornings. Worth every penny, IMO.
"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity." --Dorothy Parker
knowledge

Post by knowledge »

Did a short 15 minute scenic ride this AM just to get an elevated heart rate before the day started. At some point, I checked the leaderboard, determined I should be higher, and started throwing in intervals of higher output. Towards the end, I'm standing and pumping at 65+ resistance for no other reason than the stupid leaderboard made me want to compete.

I'm not sure whether that is a good or a bad thing.
Topic Author
RJC

Post by RJC »

knowledge wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:30 pm Did a short 15 minute scenic ride this AM just to get an elevated heart rate before the day started. At some point, I checked the leaderboard, determined I should be higher, and started throwing in intervals of higher output. Towards the end, I'm standing and pumping at 65+ resistance for no other reason than the stupid leaderboard made me want to compete.

That's the it factor. All the metrics and leader board stats make you want to keep improving/winning.
catdoctor

Post by catdoctor »

1year23 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:26 am There is a very strong rumor out there that Peloton will be announcing a new bike. The new bike will have additional features eg tablet that pivots and integration with Apple Watch.
I have a bike due in 4 weeks. I just contacted Peloton to ask if I could swap to the upgraded version. I was told that there are no plans for another bike at this time. ?
1year23

Post by 1year23 »

It’s only a rumor at this time but word has it that it will be announced next week before earnings call
We will see.....
ChiKid24

Post by ChiKid24 »

Got ours earlier this year and love it. After about a week I realized I was using a game-changer product, similar to when the iPhone came out and when I test drove the Tesla Model 3. It's simple, intuitive and fun.

Like those products, I allocated a portion of my individual stock money and have seen a nice run up. Sadly I sold my Tesla shares too soon (2x appreciation vs 12x had I held), but I won't make the same mistake with this one. It's a pricey product that attracts a certain buyer. That buyer isn't going to stop paying the $40/month fee for content. That recurring revenue stream is predictable, growing and has huge margin.
Ependytis

Post by Ependytis »

We have a peloton. Like somebody else said, it’s now an expensive clothes rack. There’s a lot cheaper ways to try the peloton experience without actually buying one. For example, you can buy a decent spin bike for $300 and hook your computer up to a screen and play online videos. With this substitute there’s no $30 monthly subscription fee.

I find that I’m more consistent the easier the exercises is to do and less excuses there are for not doing them. For strength training, I use suspension bands anytime and anywhere. For cardio, if I’m inside, I just look for a free aerobics video online pretty much anytime and anywhere there’s Wi-Fi. If I’m outside, I just go running. My philosophy is the simpler the better. I always feel foolish buying something that 1. cost way more than a substitute that’s 15% of the capital and there’s no ongoing costs as mentioned above and 2. when I don’t use it.
lazydavid

Post by lazydavid »

Ependytis wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:57 pm We have a peloton. Like somebody else said, it’s now an expensive clothes rack.
Post it on Craigslist or OfferUp. Guarantee you can sell it for $1600 or more in a day or so. The resale market on these things is HOT, and was even before Corona hit.
Ependytis wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:57 pmI find that I’m more consistent the easier the exercises is to do and less excuses there are for not doing them.
Agree with this, which is why my bike is in the corner of my living room. It's just right there. So every morning, I wake up, and the 3rd step of my morning routine is to do a ride. Which I've done more or less every day for the past 22 months (723 rides total). That works for me, and it sounds like you have a routine that works for you. Everybody has their own predilections, and needs to find the routine that suits them.
Topic Author
RJC

Post by RJC »

There’s no easier way to workout than with a Peloton IMO. If you have 20-30 min, you can have a solid workout. They figured out the formula.
stan1

Post by stan1 »

knowledge wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:30 pm Did a short 15 minute scenic ride this AM just to get an elevated heart rate before the day started. At some point, I checked the leaderboard, determined I should be higher, and started throwing in intervals of higher output. Towards the end, I'm standing and pumping at 65+ resistance for no other reason than the stupid leaderboard made me want to compete.

Gamification can press you to go harder but it can also lead to injuries if you aren't careful. Same with closing rings and maintaining streaks when your joints are telling you to take a break.
MDfan

Post by MDfan »

lazydavid wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:31 pm
Ependytis wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:57 pm We have a peloton. Like somebody else said, it’s now an expensive clothes rack.
Post it on Craigslist or OfferUp. Guarantee you can sell it for $1600 or more in a day or so. The resale market on these things is HOT, and was even before Corona hit.
Ependytis wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:57 pmI find that I’m more consistent the easier the exercises is to do and less excuses there are for not doing them.
Agree with this, which is why my bike is in the corner of my living room. It's just right there. So every morning, I wake up, and the 3rd step of my morning routine is to do a ride. Which I've done more or less every day for the past 22 months (723 rides total). That works for me, and it sounds like you have a routine that works for you. Everybody has their own predilections, and needs to find the routine that suits them.

I sold mine (Gen 2) last Xmas on Craigslist for $1700 and had multiple people interested. We had it for almost 2 years but I had to get rid of it because of recurring back pain. Now getting a recumbent bike. Back pain went away when I stopped using the Peloton, but I really enjoyed it for almost 2 years.
mokaThought

Post by mokaThought »

I'm fairly late to this thread, but I picked up a Schwinn IC3 stationary flywheel bike nearly a couple of months ago and cannot recommend it enough. It's a fraction of the price of the Peloton and only has minimal electronics, but it fits a tablet or 2-in-1 PC on the handlebars. If Peloton-style instructional video is your kind of thing, you can always play it on a device and just not have the immediate electronic feedback. I have a 15" 2-in-1 PC that I just plop on top for web browsing.

List price is about $600. I was able to get a discount from Dick's Sporting Goods with a little coupon hunting. Make sure to purchase some treadmill lubricant silicone oil soon after, as the resistance pad does begin to squeak loudly after the first week of use.
I gave in and went SCV. Wish me luck.
DesertResister

Post by DesertResister »

RJC wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:27 am For those that have one, do you still enjoy using it? Have you used it more during the shutdowns.
Works great. Highest quality laundry rack I own.
"The enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan." ― Carl von Clausewitz
Old Guy

Post by Old Guy »

To those of you who bought a Peleton, why did you go with it rather than the less expensive, but equivalent, myx or nordictrack?
Normchad

Post by Normchad »

Old Guy wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:51 pm To those of you who bought a Peleton, why did you go with it rather than the less expensive, but equivalent, myx or nordictrack?
I don’t have mine yet. But I had been thinking about it for a few years, but didn’t want to pay the monthly subscription.

I finally relented and ordered one for two reasons. I need to get healthier and I’ve always enjoyed riding. Unfortunately, I can’t ride outside as much as I would like.

I choose the Peleton over ever other cheaper option because of the overwhelmingly, long term, positive feedback I’ve heard from owners. (Including some from this thread).
lazydavid

Post by lazydavid »

Old Guy wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:51 pm To those of you who bought a Peleton, why did you go with it rather than the less expensive, but equivalent, myx or nordictrack?
For me it’s about the overall package. The bike is high quality but not dramatically better than other alternatives. But the content is incredibly compelling, and that combined with the integration (metrics, leaderboard, achievements, etc) have an addictive quality that helps (at least for me) drive engagement and commitment.

I could have saved about $1000 and gotten a relatively equivalent quality standalone spin bike. Knowing my own experience with a club model Schwinn Airdyne, I would have used it 3 times, at a total cost of $400/ride. Because the overall ecosystem helps me motivate myself, I’ve ridden my Peloton bike 725 times, at a total cost of less than $4/ride (and falling). That represents significant value to offset the upfront (and ongoing) cost for my situation. May not be the case for everyone, you have to find out what works for you. I was extremely hesitant to buy based on my previous experience. But the more I read, the more it sounded like something that could actually work for me. I’m glad I took the risk, because it does.
lazydavid

Post by lazydavid »

And here they are:

https://blog.onepeloton.com/new-peloton-bike-tread/

Cliff's notes:

New Bike+ is $2495, adds a larger, rotating screen, optional automatic resistance adjustment, apple watch support, and 4-speaker audio
Existing Bike price reduced to $1895

New Tread is also $2495, same 23.8" screen as Bike+ (but doesn't rotate), smaller size, and traditional continuous belt instead of slat belt
Existing Tread renamed Tread+, remains at $4295 price
queso

Post by queso »

lazydavid wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:37 am And here they are:

https://blog.onepeloton.com/new-peloton-bike-tread/

Cliff's notes:

New Bike+ is $2495, adds a larger, rotating screen, optional automatic resistance adjustment, apple watch support, and 4-speaker audio
Existing Bike price reduced to $1895

New Tread is also $2495, same 23.8" screen as Bike+ (but doesn't rotate), smaller size, and traditional continuous belt instead of slat belt
Existing Tread renamed Tread+, remains at $4295 price
Hmm...kinda cool, but not enough to make me upgrade. I do think they needed to do the speakers for sure...the speaker system on my bike (V2 - 2018) is horrible. I use Hellas anyway so it doesn't really matter, but it is definitely a weak point of the old bike. The rotating screen is kind of cool if you do the other classes, but I have done those using an iPad and that works fine. I like the resistance lock, but I am usually riding at a higher resistance than the instructor calls out so not sure how often I would use it. Still kinda cool. The one thing I can't believe they missed is adjustable handlebars. I thought for sure they would have incorporated that into the new bike given the number of folks that have had to develop a workaround to be able to reach the bars comfortably (pool noodles, bolt on bars, etc.). I also wouldn't do the trade in...if I were to upgrade I'd sell privately and then buy the Bike+. I can't imagine how bad of condition a bike would have to be in to only sell for $700 used. I've never seen one in my area under $1k.
lazydavid

Post by lazydavid »

queso wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:45 am Hmm...kinda cool, but not enough to make me upgrade. I do think they needed to do the speakers for sure...the speaker system on my bike (V2 - 2018) is horrible. I use Hellas anyway so it doesn't really matter, but it is definitely a weak point of the old bike. The rotating screen is kind of cool if you do the other classes, but I have done those using an iPad and that works fine. I like the resistance lock, but I am usually riding at a higher resistance than the instructor calls out so not sure how often I would use it. Still kinda cool. The one thing I can't believe they missed is adjustable handlebars. I thought for sure they would have incorporated that into the new bike given the number of folks that have had to develop a workaround to be able to reach the bars comfortably (pool noodles, bolt on bars, etc.). I also wouldn't do the trade in...if I were to upgrade I'd sell privately and then buy the Bike+. I can't imagine how bad of condition a bike would have to be in to only sell for $700 used. I've never seen one in my area under $1k.
LoL, are you me? Except for headphone brand that reads like my stream of consciousness. :)

I never use my speakers unless I'm having bluetooth/battery issues, so likewise don't care about that. The rotating screen is supposed to be for a new genre of classes, "Bike bootcamps", where you'd do part of the class as a ride, then hop off and rotate the screen to do the strength portion. Not sure if that's compelling enough for me either. And I would also need the ability to set an "offset" for the resistance auto-follow in order for it to be useful. So for instructor X I would want 10 over the callout, while for instructor Y I might want a proportional 15%.

Also agree on selling privately vs. trading in. They usually go for $1700 or so within a couple of days in my area. Even with the price drop, I would think $1500 would still be realistic.
queso

Post by queso »

lazydavid wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:10 am
queso wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:45 am Hmm...kinda cool, but not enough to make me upgrade. I do think they needed to do the speakers for sure...the speaker system on my bike (V2 - 2018) is horrible. I use Hellas anyway so it doesn't really matter, but it is definitely a weak point of the old bike. The rotating screen is kind of cool if you do the other classes, but I have done those using an iPad and that works fine. I like the resistance lock, but I am usually riding at a higher resistance than the instructor calls out so not sure how often I would use it. Still kinda cool. The one thing I can't believe they missed is adjustable handlebars. I thought for sure they would have incorporated that into the new bike given the number of folks that have had to develop a workaround to be able to reach the bars comfortably (pool noodles, bolt on bars, etc.). I also wouldn't do the trade in...if I were to upgrade I'd sell privately and then buy the Bike+. I can't imagine how bad of condition a bike would have to be in to only sell for $700 used. I've never seen one in my area under $1k.
LoL, are you me? Except for headphone brand that reads like my stream of consciousness. :)

I never use my speakers unless I'm having bluetooth/battery issues, so likewise don't care about that. The rotating screen is supposed to be for a new genre of classes, "Bike bootcamps", where you'd do part of the class as a ride, then hop off and rotate the screen to do the strength portion. Not sure if that's compelling enough for me either. And I would also need the ability to set an "offset" for the resistance auto-follow in order for it to be useful. So for instructor X I would want 10 over the callout, while for instructor Y I might want a proportional 15%.

Also agree on selling privately vs. trading in. They usually go for $1700 or so within a couple of days in my area. Even with the price drop, I would think $1500 would still be realistic.
Plantronics backbeats? Just curious...I used to use those, but mine eventually died so I switched to the Hellas. Maybe we're twins after all. :)
bubbly

Post by bubbly »

So good news on this. The price for the bike has been reduced 350 dollars which is pretty crazy considering the pandemic has brought the demand to all time highs. The lead time was up to 12 weeks back in May when I bought it. Any recent customer will get the 350 dollar credit as well. I just got the email informing me.
Topic Author
RJC

Post by RJC »

bubbly wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:22 am So good news on this. The price for the bike has been reduced 350 dollars which is pretty crazy considering the pandemic has brought the demand to all time highs. The lead time was up to 12 weeks back in May when I bought it. Any recent customer will get the 350 dollar credit as well. I just got the email informing me.
Sounds like it is delivery up to 30 days from today. So if you received your bike on or after Aug 8th, you should get the refund.
Normchad

Post by Normchad »

bubbly wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:22 am So good news on this. The price for the bike has been reduced 350 dollars which is pretty crazy considering the pandemic has brought the demand to all time highs. The lead time was up to 12 weeks back in May when I bought it. Any recent customer will get the 350 dollar credit as well. I just got the email informing me.
I had previously ordered one, but haven’t received it yet. I just got a nice email from them, with these announcements in it. They are auto automatically refunding the difference in price. No work on my part.

I really appreciate companies that behave like this.
lazydavid

Post by lazydavid »

queso wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:16 am Plantronics backbeats? Just curious...I used to use those, but mine eventually died so I switched to the Hellas. Maybe we're twins after all. :)
Powerbeats Pro. They sound surprisingly good, and so far have survived 18 straight months of being fully submerged in sweat for an hour a day. :) They replaced some cheap "sweatproof" ones that died after 3 months, likely from sweat infiltration.
hornet96

Post by hornet96 »

Normchad wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:31 am
I had previously ordered one, but haven’t received it yet. I just got a nice email from them, with these announcements in it. They are auto automatically refunding the difference in price. No work on my part.

+1. Our delivery date is scheduled for September 28th, and I received the same email today informing me of our forthcoming refund for the price differential. Can't wait to get the bike and get started.
Old Guy

Post by Old Guy »

I think I’m going to get the plus version.
queso

Post by queso »

Old Guy wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:32 pm I think I’m going to get the plus version.
If I didn't already have one I would. The delta in cost isn't that big and the upgrades are worth it, IMHO (esp if you might do the bike boot camp stuff). I just don't think the changes are enough to warrant upgrading if you already have a previous gen bike.
z91

Post by z91 »

econprof wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:34 am
livesoft wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:02 am I didn't think these things came with pedals: You buy your own pedals that fit your shoes. My recommendation is to not tell any of your friends or family that you bought one of these things.
A $2000+ bike that doesn't come with pedals?

You know, jogging is free and dumbbells are cheap. A decent yoga mat is $40. Why pay for the Peloton?
Have you tried jogging in winter weather? How about in freezing cold rain?
econprof

Post by econprof »

I live in Boston. I jog all winter.
Old Guy

Post by Old Guy »

Btw, dumbbells are not cheap even if you can find them. I do outdoor bike riding every other day up to 20 miles, but it can be dangerous even when you’re riding on set aside paths. I live on an island and there are only some many different places to ride. A fifteen mile wind in your face isn’t fun especially when winter temps are in the 40s. And, the numerous tourists where I live riding bikes for the first time in 50 years do present certain problems.

So, if I can get over the fear and loathing of spending over $2,500, I’m going to do it.
catdoctor

Post by catdoctor »

Normchad wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:31 am

Makes one respect the company!
drizzleray

Post by drizzleray »

Just to chime in as another satisfied user. Wife liked going to spin classes at a studio, so buying the Peloton + membership was pretty much the same cost as those classes. Now it’s more convenient & once the pandemic hit, we were very glad to have it. I use it at least weekly, and the off-bike classes have been fun as well.

Anyone ordering should make sure to get a referral code from someone for $100 worth of accessories (e.g. shoes)
Juice3

Post by Juice3 »

Peleton owner here for 2 months. Happy with the bike. Bike and Subscription are very expensive.Wish they offered computer controlled variable resistance "real life" simulated rides (instructor controlled is supposedly in the new version).

Very unhappy with how the new version was launched and how Peleton handled pricing and customers during the transition. Somewhat unhappy in the turnover and drama of the very highly paid instructors. Somewhat unhappy there is not more, diverse instructors given the huge audience. They have a similiar number of spin instructors to a large spin gym.

Leary now that Peleton is more interested in a quick buck than securing themselves as a high quality brand. May choose Zwift if I had it to do over. Costs would be substantially lower. I am comfortable with bike DIY.
Juice3

Post by Juice3 »

drizzleray wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:11 am Anyone ordering should make sure to get a referral code from someone for $100 worth of accessories (e.g. shoes)
Probably better off to use standard spin bike shoes and pedals (Shimano SPD) than buy Peleton stuff. Both shoes and pedals can be purchased from Amazon for under 100 total. And you can walk around your house in the recessed style spin bike shoes. Also common to find reversible SPD pedals with a side that will allow use of tennis shoes similiar to what you find at your local gym.
bampf

Post by bampf »

Just wanted to update the thread a bit. I have a bike and have had one for a couple years. I used the heck out of it for about a year. Then work and life sort of got in the way and I didn't use it nearly as much. This happened in January of this year. I wondered if I had made a mistake on the bike because I just wasn't using it.

However, at the beginning of September I started using it heavily again. 16 days in a row now. I have to reiterate that it is an excellent experience for me. In 16 days I have done 19 classes, completed ~196 miles, spent ~10 hours in the saddle and feel better already. Additionally because of the metrics I can tell that the exact class I did on my first day back was 322w, and 10 miles. 15 days later, same class 428w, 11.4 miles. Its quite an improvement and I like it. Some days its hard to get on the bike. I haven't really had the day where I feel like I am about to crush it, but it is coming.

The number 1 draw for me is the metrics. The next bit is that it isn't fiddly. I hit the power button, I connect my bluetooth headphones, clip in and I am gone. No setting up anything, no tweaking, no this or that. On, clip in and ride. Very much like it.

Your mileage may vary (see what I did there?) but for me, no regrets.
1year23

Post by 1year23 »

so good to hear that its been a positive experience. I am very excited because I am receiving the bike tomorrow!!!!
lazydavid

Post by lazydavid »

1year23 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:55 pm so good to hear that its been a positive experience. I am very excited because I am receiving the bike tomorrow!!!!
Congrats! Did you stay with the original Bike, or switch to the Bike+?
Topic Author
RJC

Post by RJC »

It's been almost 2 months and still going strong on the bike. Legs/lungs feel strong and for the 1st time in many many years, I am starting to see my ab muscles again!

Best investment ever.
jaguar3003

Post by jaguar3003 »

I went a cheaper route and got a Sunny magnetic resistance bike and just added a cadence tracker to it. I use the Peloton app for $13 a month and use a Google chromecast to cast it to my tv. The app pairs with my Apple watch, and I can track my workouts with it. All in, I spent $700 with the bike, cadence tracker, and chromecast. I haven't purchased spin pedals or shoes yet though, and may do so at some point

I enjoy biking, but after several close calls with vehicles, I'm done with it.

The Peloton app + the Sunny bike have been fantastic. I also just got a Tonal installed. The cost is absolutely worth it for the health benefits, IMO
FootballFan5548

Post by FootballFan5548 »

RJC wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:51 pm It's been almost 2 months and still going strong on the bike. Legs/lungs feel strong and for the 1st time in many many years, I am starting to see my ab muscles again!

Best investment ever.
We received our Peloton mid-December of last year, just before Christmas. I needed to do something... I was up to 240lbs, 6'3'' it was the heaviest i'd ever been. We've had it for 9 months now, I've done a total of 325 workouts (all types, 140 cycling, 90 strength, running/stretching/cardio)…

I just today hit 50lbs down... weighed in at 190. My arms look so much different, I can see some abs, my wife loves it and uses it regularly. It has legitimately changed my life for the better in so many ways. People see me on the street and don't even recognize me, compliments from everywhere (feels good).

Just to hit the finance point, I also bought the stock because I loved the product so much, and it's my highest returning stock YTD...

It's just a tremendous product, I couldn't be happier with it.
chikbog

Post by chikbog »

Tiresias1 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:34 pm
Another piece of connected fitness equipment that I recommend is Tonal, which essentially aspires to be the Peloton of strength training. This equipment is quite expensive, so I would not recommend it to everyone for that reason, but it's a more ingenious device than my Peloton. I've found the combination of both Tonal and Peloton better than either device individually. Among other things, having both devices also allows my wife and I to exercise simultaneously in the mornings - we used to argue about who got to go first (with both of us preferring to go second so that we could stay in bed, of course).
Could you talk more about what you like about Tonal and how it motivates you to use it? Thanks
Normchad

Post by Normchad »

FootballFan5548 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:00 pm
RJC wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:51 pm It's been almost 2 months and still going strong on the bike. Legs/lungs feel strong and for the 1st time in many many years, I am starting to see my ab muscles again!

Best investment ever.
We received our Peloton mid-December of last year, just before Christmas. I needed to do something... I was up to 240lbs, 6'3'' it was the heaviest i'd ever been. We've had it for 9 months now, I've done a total of 325 workouts (all types, 140 cycling, 90 strength, running/stretching/cardio)…

I just today hit 50lbs down... weighed in at 190. My arms look so much different, I can see some abs, my wife loves it and uses it regularly. It has legitimately changed my life for the better in so many ways. People see me on the street and don't even recognize me, compliments from everywhere (feels good).

Just to hit the finance point, I also bought the stock because I loved the product so much, and it's my highest returning stock YTD...

It's just a tremendous product, I couldn't be happier with it.
That is fantastic, congratulations. Still waiting in ours, but your post (and others like it) are very encouraging.
onetoeinthewater

Post by onetoeinthewater »

Happy to find this thread. I'm so excited. My bosses just gifted me a Peloton Bike Plus. I am scheduled for a knee replacement in early November and biking is one of the few things that isn't painful. It should be excellent for rehab and building back strength.