Personal Shopping Service with out of state delivery?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
lgb

Personal Shopping Service with out of state delivery?

Post by lgb »

Last edited by lgb on Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PoppyA

Re: Personal Shopping Service with out of state delivery?

Post by PoppyA »

Good question! Room for a start up I guess.

Perhaps contact a school in the area and see if there are kids looking for a “job”.

You might also google personal services in the area. I know where I like there are people who advertise those services. Look in yelp?
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

Do you have a charge card that offers "Concierge Service"?
They may not do that - or they may - but if not, they may know "whom to contact" for such a service.

And yes, I'd also Google "personal shopper" and city/location.

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
Topic Author
lgb

Post by lgb »

Last edited by lgb on Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sperry8

Post by sperry8 »

lgb wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:30 am Is there any existing service that has the ability to have someone from a different state, go to a local store and purchase some items on my behalf, they pack it up and ship it to me - where that person or the person they are working for can get paid some sort of fee I'm willing to pay?

Wanting to buy some clothes at a store that is out of state and far away and doesn't take phone orders and their online presence is minimal and doesn't include the items I'd like to buy. Seems you can only buy if I go to the store that is out of state - far away.

Is there some sort of 'Personal Shopper' service out there? I assume for those that are home bound for whatever reason - would like to have this option. I know online stores increase the options that could be available - but doesn't help in my scenario.

Basically - I want to buy more of what I bought out of state, but the store can't ship it to me nor take my order. I need someone local to apparently pay for it at the store and pick it up and then ship it to me. I would gladly pay a service fee to do this for items I can't get elsewhere.

What do we have as options??
Fiverr used to have people like this... seems to be more online services now. But perhaps you can dig in there and see if they still offer someone who will do it. Type keyword "Shopper" and you'll see some who may.

You could also hire someone from Care.com to do your shopping for you: https://www.care.com/personal-shopper

Dumpling.us does it for groceries, perhaps one of their personal shoppers can do it for clothes? https://shop.dumpling.us/
BH contest results: 2019: #233 of 645 | 18: #150 of 493 | 17: #516 of 647 | 16: #121 of 610 | 15: #18 of 552 | 14: #225 of 503 | 13: #383 of 433 | 12: #366 of 410 | 11: #113 of 369 | 10: #53 of 282
Topic Author
lgb

Post by lgb »

Last edited by lgb on Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atikovi

Post by atikovi »

lgb wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:30 am Wanting to buy some clothes at a store that is out of state and far away and doesn't take phone orders and their online presence is minimal and doesn't include the items I'd like to buy. Seems you can only buy if I go to the store that is out of state - far away.
Clothes are clothes. Seems like half the stores at a mall sell them. Assuming the store itself doesn't make them, why not find the manufacturer or distributor and buy them from someone else or locally?
mhalley

Post by mhalley »

Taskrabbit lists shopping as one of the things they help with.
https://www.taskrabbit.com/

Code: Select all

Flexible locations & delivery times
Taskers can visit as many stores and pickup as many items as you need.
Need something at a particular time? Taskers are available as early as today, or schedule ahead up to 2 weeks.
Easy communication
Use chat to add items, provide substitutions, or share lists and order confirmations.
Communicate with Taskers before and during the task via secure chat and call.
Contactless drop-off & payment
Taskers will follow your instructions for a contactless pick-up and/or drop-off.
Tasks expenses will be added to your receipt as is — no upcharge or added fees.
No cash required. Pay and tip through a TaskRabbit only after your task is complete. 
dukeblue219

Post by dukeblue219 »

PoppyA wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:35 am Perhaps contact a school in the area and see if there are kids looking for a “job”.
Really? No school is going to listen to an individual who calls up asking to be connected to a student looking to earn some extra cash by performing personal errands.

Try TaskRabbit or even Craigslist.
Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy »

ResearchMed wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:27 pm Do you have a charge card that offers "Concierge Service"?
They may not do that - or they may - but if not, they may know "whom to contact" for such a service.
More than likely, a credit card concierge service would not do the actual shopping for you, but I could see them researching personal shoppers in that area and sending you a list of personal shoppers to contact.
MJS

Post by MJS »

Am I the only one who sees lgb's posts as
........ ? No text at all.
Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy »

MJS wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:56 pm Am I the only one who sees lgb's posts as
........ ? No text at all.
They edited and deleted the original post (edit: and their replies). Note the edit line at the bottom of it (edit: and the replies).
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

The OP has deleted the post content.

This thread is locked to end the discussion.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.