Missing Item -> Amazon Order

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
DesertDiva

Missing Item -> Amazon Order

Post by DesertDiva »

I received a package from Amazon a few minutes ago. I ordered two items and only received one. According to the online order information, the two products were supposed to be shipped together.

I've searched the website to find a way to report a missing item. It's easy to return a product, but how do I complain about something I paid for that wasn't shipped with the order?

DH suggested I print a return label and send back an empty box with a note that I never received the item. :annoyed

Any ideas would be appreciated,
DesertDiva
batrleby

Re: Missing Item -> Amazon Order

Post by batrleby »

Call Amazon customer service and give them your order number. They’ll take care of it. 1 (888) 280-4331
runner9

Post by runner9 »

Search on amazon for "amazon help" options show up at the top including chat, etc.
Topic Author
DesertDiva

Post by DesertDiva »

I called 1 (888) 280-4331. No human on the other end.
They have a recorded message to go to amazon.com/help, but I already found that page on my own and it didn't help.

Started a chat session and seemed to connect to a human on the other end. Thanks!
Trader Joe

Post by Trader Joe »

DesertDiva wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:20 pm I received a package from Amazon a few minutes ago. I ordered two items and only received one. According to the online order information, the two products were supposed to be shipped together.

I've searched the website to find a way to report a missing item. It's easy to return a product, but how do I complain about something I paid for that wasn't shipped with the order?

DH suggested I print a return label and send back an empty box with a note that I never received the item. :annoyed

Any ideas would be appreciated,
DesertDiva
Yes, contact Amazon customer support.
Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy »

I once received an empty padded envelope from Amazon because the contents had broken out of the envelope in transit. I remember having similar issues trying to find a way to notify them because there wasn't a specific pull-down item for this scenario. If I recall correctly, I chose something closely related, either "missing part" or "problem with order", and that was enough to get a replacement shipped.
lthenderson

Post by lthenderson »

I've never had to call Amazon's phone number because their online service system works well and you don't have to wait on hold or go through menus. Just go to "Returns and Orders" section of your account, click on "problem with your order" and follow the prompts. If I remember correctly from the times I've had too, you may have to wait until tomorrow or until the order shows delivered before you can file a claim. I've always been made whole by Amazon.
DetroitRick

Post by DetroitRick »

Just had same thing happen last week - ordered and paid for 4 of something, 3 were shipped. The fastest way to handle this is through chat with their customer service.

From your Amazon account, open the order and click on "Return or replace items" button. Follow the prompts and you will quickly be given the opportunity to open up a chat session (by doing it this way, the rep will then have the order at issue in front of them).

I've never had a short order before and I was impressed how quick it was to get it settled correctly. Chat took a couple of minutes. Missing item was shipped that same day. They typically give you the option of replacement or refund.