Great iPad games for kids

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
hoops777

Great iPad games for kids

Post by hoops777 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:12 pm

About 6 months ago I discovered Monument Valley which is a beautiful logic puzzle game mostly for teens and adults. I started playing it with my 5 year old grandson and the little guy was able to figure out about 70 pct of it.We finished MV 1 and 2.Highly recommend it.
A week ago I discovered the thinkrolls games. They are also logic puzzle but oriented to kids. They are great.Each one has 7 easy levels for about age 5 and 7 hard levels which are geared more toward maybe 8 year olds.My grandson loves these and is able to get through 98 pct of it without my help. They have fun characters and the great thing about them is if you make a mistake you simply try again at the same spot without having to go back to the beginning. Also no ads.
I believe they are very valuable as a teaching tool. There are the 4 different games with different themes.The latest one has a space theme which we did first. Now on Kings and Queens which seems a bit easier.
K.I.S.S........so easy to say so difficult to do.

ThankYouJack

Re: Great iPad games for kids

Post by ThankYouJack » Sat May 23, 2020 9:35 pm

code.org has some good stuff.
I'm pretty old school when it comes to games for my kids - I'd much rather have physical games than play behind a screen. I know it's not what you asked but Thinkfun has some great physical logic games - https://www.thinkfun.com/our-products/

Topic Author
hoops777

Re: Great iPad games for kids

Post by hoops777 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:52 pm

ThankYouJack wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:35 pm
code.org has some good stuff.
I'm pretty old school when it comes to games for my kids - I'd much rather have physical games than play behind a screen. I know it's not what you asked but Thinkfun has some great physical logic games - https://www.thinkfun.com/our-products/
I agree but if there is screen time these are great.
K.I.S.S........so easy to say so difficult to do.