Tesla Y test drive

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Will do good

Tesla Y test drive

Post by Will do good » Thu May 21, 2020 1:26 pm

We test drove the Y yesterday, love the acceleration but was a little surprise at the interior noise at highway speed. We can’t decided if we should get it or wait until the RAV4- Prime is available for a test drive and see which we should get. Any Tesla owners have issue with interior noise?

4nursebee

Re: Tesla Y test drive

Post by 4nursebee » Thu May 21, 2020 1:41 pm

I've read of someone returning a Y after one day because of this.

When I first test drove an S I could hear pebbles coming up in the wheel wells.

My 3 is a fun peaceful car to drive. There is no engine noise, just all the other stuff. I expect one becomes more aware of the other stuff when the engine noises are not present. Perhaps that explains your experience?
Pale Blue Dot

TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto » Thu May 21, 2020 1:49 pm

When I got my X, I was surprised at the tire noise. And wind noise. Of course, if there’s no engine noise, you will hear things. My kids told me to just turn on the radio. Problem solved.
Okay, I get it; I won't be political or controversial. The Earth is flat.

Monsterflockster

Post by Monsterflockster » Thu May 21, 2020 2:38 pm

I’d be more concerned about the ugly black plastic wheel well covers. Why is that a thing now? Its awful & ugly.

Love my model 3 and worth every penny.

FoolStreet

Post by FoolStreet » Thu May 21, 2020 2:51 pm

Will do good wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:26 pm
We test drove the Y yesterday, love the acceleration but was a little surprise at the interior noise at highway speed. We can’t decided if we should get it or wait until the RAV4- Prime is available for a test drive and see which we should get. Any Tesla owners have issue with interior noise?
I have a 3 and don't have any issues with road noise. I'm not sure the concern to be honest. There is no engine, so the noise that comes from the engine is gone and therefore the cabin is quieter. In comparison, the Rav4 engine is noisy - it certainly is on the pure gas version. The Hybrid engine noise isn't noticable, but if you gun it, you will hear the engine. You will only feel the pure acceleration in the 3.

I am a fan of both the Y and the Rav4 Hybrid. My vote is the Y, for a few reaons, but the Prime would definitely be my 2nd choice, A and A- respectively.

The problem with the Rav4 is three-fold: a) you are still carrying around the technical debt of an engine, requiring maintenance and gas, b) the infotainment system is laughably archaic -- compared to a Tesla (tiny screen, last century approach to an app to control the car remotely, terrible nav, etc.), and c) it will be hard to get -- probably harder to get than the Y -- the dealers will play all kinds of games with you to increase MSRP, etc. It is a success to be sure and it is way better than anything else on the market. But it just doesn't commit all the way. I grade it an A- and will be a wonderful awesome car to drive, as long as you haven't driven the Tesla first. I say this from personal experience. ;-)

FoolStreet

Post by FoolStreet » Thu May 21, 2020 2:54 pm

4nursebee wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:41 pm

My 3 is a fun peaceful car to drive. There is no engine noise, just all the other stuff. I expect one becomes more aware of the other stuff when the engine noises are not present. Perhaps that explains your experience?
Do you think the road noise is different for the Y than 3? Certainly, there may be more wind noise due to higher stance, but I figure it would be nominally similar (?)

4nursebee

Post by 4nursebee » Thu May 21, 2020 2:56 pm

FoolStreet wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:54 pm
4nursebee wrote:

Do you think the road noise is different for the Y than 3? Certainly, there may be more wind noise due to higher stance, but I figure it would be nominally similar (?)
I only sat in a Y, did not drive.
Pale Blue Dot

Pomegranate

Post by Pomegranate » Thu May 21, 2020 3:17 pm

TomatoTomahto wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:49 pm
My kids told me to just turn on the radio. Problem solved.
Works for every car, just work on the volume level :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

RJC

Post by RJC » Thu May 21, 2020 3:36 pm

Will do good wrote:
Could it be that there are cracks in the seal? Since the Y is new, I'm sure there are issues with quality. I think it took about a year for the Model 3 to work out it's structural inconsistencies.

Topic Author
Will do good

Post by Will do good » Thu May 21, 2020 3:53 pm

When I was mentioning the highway speed sound, my son ask why don't they put noise cancelling inside the car to cancel the tire and wind noise? He's right shouldn't that be pretty easy, since it's such old technology? The noise cancelling tech shouldn't disrupt horns, ambulance, fire dept trucks etc. to make the car unsafe, I would think loud radio would be worst.

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog » Thu May 21, 2020 3:58 pm

FoolStreet wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:51 pm
Will do good wrote:
I have a 3 and don't have any issues with road noise. I'm not sure the concern to be honest.
Obviously, everyone's hearing is different. I have a Model 3 and it is noticeably more noisy at highway speeds than my Audi A3 with the upgraded package. For a $35k car, it's sounds just fine; but for a $60k car, it's noisier than other cars in its class. It comes down to design. The 3 and Y have more glass -- all roof -- which is not very sound-proofable. (In contrast, my 20-old Jag had a thick headliner even in the sunroof; it was quiet cruising at 80+.) The frameless windows don't seal as well as framed windows.

Nevertheless, best car I've ever owned. Planning to upgrade to the Y when Elon add air suspension.
Last edited by Big Dog on Thu May 21, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog » Thu May 21, 2020 3:59 pm

deleted
Last edited by Big Dog on Thu May 21, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog » Thu May 21, 2020 3:59 pm

deleted dupe, sorry

marcwd

Post by marcwd » Thu May 21, 2020 4:21 pm

Big Dog wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:58 pm
FoolStreet wrote:
Will do good wrote:
I have a 3 and don't have any issues with road noise. I'm not sure the concern to be honest.
Obviously, everyone's hearing is different. I have a Model 3 and it is noticeably more noisy at highway speeds than my Audi A3 with the upgraded package. For a $35k car, it's sounds just fine; but for a $60k car, it's noisier than other cars in its class. It comes down to design. The 3 and Y have more glass -- all roof -- which is not very sound-proofable. (In contrast, my 20-old Jag had a thick headliner even in the sunroof; it was quiet cruising at 80+.) The frameless windows don't seal as well as framed windows.

Nevertheless, best car I've ever owned. Planning to upgrade to the Y when Elon add air suspension.
I’m considering the purchase of a 3 or Y next year but I’m disappointed to hear the reports about road noise. That’s something I’m very sensitive about. I’d expect it’s predominately tire noise which may possibly be improved by dropping the wheel size and increasing the tire profile. Pity that Tesla didn’t better insulate the wheel liners.

BTW, I don’t know what the “upgraded package” is, but the reviews I’ve seen (not latest model) on the A3 were not positive regarding road noise. The A4, yes.

In any case, interesting that you still consider the 3 to be the best car you’ve owned.

JonnyB

Post by JonnyB » Thu May 21, 2020 5:42 pm

Will do good wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:53 pm
When I was mentioning the highway speed sound, my son ask why don't they put noise cancelling inside the car to cancel the tire and wind noise? He's right shouldn't that be pretty easy, since it's such old technology? The noise cancelling tech shouldn't disrupt horns, ambulance, fire dept trucks etc. to make the car unsafe, I would think loud radio would be worst.
You can't cancel noise an open space, at least no easily. Noise cancellation only works with a confined space as inside headphones.

Noise cancellation works by using a microphone to receive the noise at the ear and then generating the opposite waveform to cancel it out. This works for individual earphones. But it doesn't work in open space. The wavelength of 3000 Hz noise, for example, is less than 5 inches, which means it is a different phase on one side of your head from the other. So you need a different cancellation wave on one side of your head from the other. You can do this with individual earphones, but not in an open space. You would just make the noise louder and it might vary if you move your head slightly. (There are some exceptional circumstances where you have a narrowly defined noise source and using exotic equipment.)

randomguy

Post by randomguy » Thu May 21, 2020 6:12 pm

JonnyB wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:42 pm
Will do good wrote:
You can't cancel noise an open space, at least no easily. Noise cancellation only works with a confined space as inside headphones.

Noise cancellation works by using a microphone to receive the noise at the ear and then generating the opposite waveform to cancel it out. This works for individual earphones. But it doesn't work in open space. The wavelength of 3000 Hz noise, for example, is less than 5 inches, which means it is a different phase on one side of your head from the other. So you need a different cancellation wave on one side of your head from the other. You can do this with individual earphones, but not in an open space. You would just make the noise louder and it might vary if you move your head slightly. (There are some exceptional circumstances where you have a narrowly defined noise source and using exotic equipment.)
Luxury cars have had active noise reduction systems for a long time now. They started off reducing engine noise but most makers have moved on to dealing with road noise.

whodidntante

Post by whodidntante » Thu May 21, 2020 6:30 pm

randomguy wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:12 pm
JonnyB wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:42 pm
Will do good wrote:

Luxury cars have had active noise reduction systems for a long time now. They started off reducing engine noise but most makers have moved on to dealing with road noise.
My car uses the audio system to make the engine louder. LOL.

csh

Post by csh » Thu May 21, 2020 6:35 pm

You did not mention what kind of interior noise. There are different sources of noise. Is it wind noise? Probably not much to be done there unless there is a defect. Road/tire noise? What wheel package did it have? There will be some variation in the road noise based upon the tire choice. I think the performance models will have more road noise due to the large wheels and tire choice. Drive train noise? I doubt there was much noticeable drive train noise except at low speeds.

If you test drove a performance model, it might be worth trying one of the lower models if you are not going to buy a performance and you are concerned about the interior noise. As others have mentioned, other noises will be more noticeable due to the lack of engine noise. I had to take my Model 3 into the service center in April and they had a few Model Ys and they were all the performance model so I suspect that you test drove a performance model.

nicklao

Post by nicklao » Thu May 21, 2020 6:40 pm

I have a Model 3 and find the road noise to be the only real negative with the car. LOVE the way it drives, the acceleration, the OTA updates, the handling...everything else. But the noise is BAD. I had a Hyundai Genesis prior to the M3 and it was practically silent in comparison. I am a prosumer-level audiophile and can say that there is honestly a big difference between the two. But I understand the need to lessen the weight of the car to achieve greater range efficiency in the M3 so extras like sound-dampening materials had to be nixed. FWIW - I have bought every after market solution to reduce that road noise that is currently available on Amazon and it all made ZERO difference.

Still would buy the car over again if I was buying right now.

FoolStreet

Post by FoolStreet » Thu May 21, 2020 6:45 pm

Big Dog wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:58 pm
FoolStreet wrote:
Will do good wrote:
Obviously, everyone's hearing is different. ......

Sorry, can you say that again? I couldn't hear you. j/k ;-)

(dumb joke, I know)

JonnyB

Post by JonnyB » Thu May 21, 2020 8:30 pm

randomguy wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:12 pm
Yeah, I'd like to see some independent lab results for that. It might work for some very low frequency, long wavelength sounds but unlikely for higher pitched tire and wind noise.

Normchad

Post by Normchad » Thu May 21, 2020 8:33 pm

nicklao wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:40 pm
I have a Model 3 and find the road noise to be the only real negative with the car. LOVE the way it drives, the acceleration, the OTA updates, the handling...everything else. But the noise is BAD. I had a Hyundai Genesis prior to the M3 and it was practically silent in comparison. I am a prosumer-level audiophile and can say that there is honestly a big difference between the two. But I understand the need to lessen the weight of the car to achieve greater range efficiency in the M3 so extras like sound-dampening materials had to be nixed. FWIW - I have bought every after market solution to reduce that road noise that is currently available on Amazon and it all made ZERO difference.

I agree. The 3 is an awesome car. I don't find the highway noise to be terrible, but it's there. And yes, you hear sounds in a Tesla that you aren't used to. A lot more tire noise for example. There is obviously no engine noise to drown it out, etc. Also for the 3, the doors are "frameless"; i.e. there is no metal frame around the windows. My guess is that the seal when the door is closed is no where near as good as in a normal car.

The noise doesn't bother me a ton. But I do personally prefer a dead-silent interior.

Topic Author
Will do good

Post by Will do good » Thu May 21, 2020 9:02 pm

csh wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:35 pm
You did not mention what kind of interior noise. There are different sources of noise. Is it wind noise? Probably not much to be done there unless there is a defect. Road/tire noise? What wheel package did it have? There will be some variation in the road noise based upon the tire choice. I think the performance models will have more road noise due to the large wheels and tire choice. Drive train noise? I doubt there was much noticeable drive train noise except at low speeds.

If you test drove a performance model, it might be worth trying one of the lower models if you are not going to buy a performance and you are concerned about the interior noise. As others have mentioned, other noises will be more noticeable due to the lack of engine noise. I had to take my Model 3 into the service center in April and they had a few Model Ys and they were all the performance model so I suspect that you test drove a performance model.
I think it was wind noise, both DW and I push all the window control to make sure no windows has a crack open.
It was a non-performance model.
I feel my BMW 535 is more quiet.

wickywack

Post by wickywack » Sat May 23, 2020 10:32 pm

FoolStreet wrote:
Will do good wrote:
I have a 3 and don't have any issues with road noise. I'm not sure the concern to be honest. There is no engine, so the noise that comes from the engine is gone and therefore the cabin is quieter. In comparison, the Rav4 engine is noisy - it certainly is on the pure gas version. The Hybrid engine noise isn't noticable, but if you gun it, you will hear the engine. You will only feel the pure acceleration in the 3.

I am a fan of both the Y and the Rav4 Hybrid. My vote is the Y, for a few reaons, but the Prime would definitely be my 2nd choice, A and A- respectively.

The problem with the Rav4 is three-fold: a) you are still carrying around the technical debt of an engine, requiring maintenance and gas, b) the infotainment system is laughably archaic -- compared to a Tesla (tiny screen, last century approach to an app to control the car remotely, terrible nav, etc.), and c) it will be hard to get -- probably harder to get than the Y -- the dealers will play all kinds of games with you to increase MSRP, etc. It is a success to be sure and it is way better than anything else on the market. But it just doesn't commit all the way. I grade it an A- and will be a wonderful awesome car to drive, as long as you haven't driven the Tesla first. I say this from personal experience. ;-)
Depending on your timeline, it does indeed look like RAV4 Primes will be near impossible to get soon.

I'm more optimistic on the rest. Toyota's finally come into the modern era with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. With a phone, it'll probably be a better experience than Tesla by some measures. And, you'll get Siri/Assistant, Google Maps/Waze, etc..

Should be a great car, but I take all specs with a grain of salt until it's out and reviewed.

FoolStreet

Post by FoolStreet » Sat May 23, 2020 11:43 pm

wickywack wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:32 pm
FoolStreet wrote:
Will do good wrote:

Depending on your timeline, it does indeed look like RAV4 Primes will be near impossible to get soon.

I'm more optimistic on the rest. Toyota's finally come into the modern era with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. With a phone, it'll probably be a better experience than Tesla by some measures. And, you'll get Siri/Assistant, Google Maps/Waze, etc..

Should be a great car, but I take all specs with a grain of salt until it's out and reviewed.
Caveat to maintain my A- (‘really love it’) disclaimer. Speaking from experience, it feels night and day. There are two systems in the RAV4 Hybrid running on a tiny NAV screen, the native Toyota owned one, and the CarPlay one. (Android auto is not out yet). It is not a seemlss experience for a couple reasons. First, the controls sometimes flip back and forth between the two systems. If you are relatively savvy, you can figure it out. It’s not the end of the world, but it doesn’t, “just work.”

Also, you have to keep the iPhone plugged in at all times to make CarPlay work. That is dumb when Bluetooth should be sufficient. But alas it is not. This issue exacerbates to what can be called, “mildly infuriating,” (certainly, emphasis is on the word, ‘mildly’) when you consider the wireless charging in the RAV4 requires the phone to lay flat perpendicular to the the car’s centerline. On a an extended drive, running maps and music from the iPhone, charging is important. But you have this wire cluttering things up. Now, if the co-pilot wants to charge their phone, they need another wire since the wireless charger is not big enough.

Are my complaints laughable? Yes. But they are valid, even if you put them in the category of offenses with getting mad because someone loads the dishwasher the ‘wrong’ way. Ha.

Bottom line, the Tesla nails it. Absolutely crushes it.

(RAV4 is only a mere A- lol)

BuckyBadger

Post by BuckyBadger » Sun May 24, 2020 12:18 am

I'll not claim that Teslas are perfect - I'd still love Android auto. And i guess it's louder than luxury cars, but it's not a luxury car. At least the 3 and the Y aren't. They're mid range cars you're paying a premium for because of batteries and technology. I think most of the noise is from low resistance tires and because there's no steady engine noise to give you a base noise level.

However, it's so much more fun to drive than anything else i don't know if I'll ever be able to get a different car. Every time i get into my husband's car - that i LOVED before i got the 3 - i can hardly drive it.

I don't know anything about the RAV4 of which you speak, but i have a hard time imagining that it will have a comparable driving experience. Nothing seems to have managed it so far.

Poorman

Post by Poorman » Sun May 24, 2020 6:29 am

4nursebee wrote:

Na. My grandmothers brand new Cadillac was the same way and that had a V6. Could hear every pebble under the wheel well. For 50k I expected more. My 15k Ford Focus dosen't do that.

Jack FFR1846

Post by Jack FFR1846 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:49 am

Poorman wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:29 am
4nursebee wrote:

Na. My grandmothers brand new Cadillac was the same way and that had a V6. Could hear every pebble under the wheel well. For 50k I expected more. My 15k Ford Focus dosen't do that.
Ford has always been the leader in reducing noise, vibration and harmonics (NVH). Even the Mustangs of the 80's had a 15 pound slug of iron bolted around the differential for this purpose. Liners and coatings in the wheel wells are not rocket science. It's that attention to detail that is noticeable to drivers. Sort of like a really nicely detailed and painted front door to a house. New auto companies don't figure that out for a while. Think companies like Toyota in the 60's or Hyundai in the 80's. The complaints were that they sounded like you were rolling in an aluminum can. Forgiven with those companies because at the time, they were cheap cars. Someday, Tesla will figure that out too.
Bogle: Smart Beta is stupid

Normchad

Post by Normchad » Sun May 24, 2020 6:50 am

BuckyBadger wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:18 am
I'll not claim that Teslas are perfect - I'd still love Android auto. And i guess it's louder than luxury cars, but it's not a luxury car. At least the 3 and the Y aren't. They're mid range cars you're paying a premium for because of batteries and technology. I think most of the noise is from low resistance tires and because there's no steady engine noise to give you a base noise level.

However, it's so much more fun to drive than anything else i don't know if I'll ever be able to get a different car. Every time i get into my husband's car - that i LOVED before i got the 3 - i can hardly drive it.

I don't know anything about the RAV4 of which you speak, but i have a hard time imagining that it will have a comparable driving experience. Nothing seems to have managed it so far.
I love my 3, but it’s not perfect. A few notes:
1) it doesn’t support CarPlay or AndroidAuto.
2) Mine came with normal tires. They aren’t special, or run flats. But the recommended inflation is 45psi.
3) there absolutely is wind noise coming from around the windows

There is a debate about whether it’s a luxury car or not. That’s in the eye of the beholder, I guess. It’s not a traditional luxury car. We do know that more BMW owners buy a Tesla Model 3 than any other brand. So those BMW people are cross shopping them.... But I really struggle to find what features a luxury car has,that the 3 doesn’t. Is it just acres of leather? For years BMW had bad AC, no cup holders, and crappy infotainment. And I wonder if even the idea of a luxury car is growing outdated. My 2015 Honda Accord touring really has everything most Audi’s, Mercedes, etc have.

Poorman

Post by Poorman » Sun May 24, 2020 7:01 am

Jack FFR1846 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:49 am
Poorman wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:29 am
4nursebee wrote:

Ford has always been the leader in reducing noise, vibration and harmonics (NVH). Even the Mustangs of the 80's had a 15 pound slug of iron bolted around the differential for this purpose. Liners and coatings in the wheel wells are not rocket science. It's that attention to detail that is noticeable to drivers. Sort of like a really nicely detailed and painted front door to a house. New auto companies don't figure that out for a while. Think companies like Toyota in the 60's or Hyundai in the 80's. The complaints were that they sounded like you were rolling in an aluminum can. Forgiven with those companies because at the time, they were cheap cars. Someday, Tesla will figure that out too.
What I'm saying is my dodge avenger was quiet, my jeep, my cousin kia spectra... what I'm saying is big price does not mean better.

smalliebigs

Post by smalliebigs » Sun May 24, 2020 7:22 am

For any vehicle, BEVs more so, weight is the enemy. A heavier vehicle means shorter distance. You can't sacrifice areas of safety, but you can reduce things that dampen out road noise.

My personal opinion from someone working in the industry, would be to get a hybrid. Get a PHEV if you want to go certain miles without engine power at all. The range is usually quite large, more than sufficient for a daily commute and/or errands. But in the off chance you need more range, you're not stuck with range anxiety. There's always the good old fashioned ICE.

I would always go with Toyota, or any major OEM for xEV vehicles over Tesla. The build quality will be greatly improved.

Also, looking at the posts above, Teslas are Not luxury vehicles by industry standards

FoolStreet

Post by FoolStreet » Mon May 25, 2020 10:11 am

smalliebigs wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:22 am
For any vehicle, BEVs more so, weight is the enemy. A heavier vehicle means shorter distance. You can't sacrifice areas of safety, but you can reduce things that dampen out road noise.

My personal opinion from someone working in the industry, would be to get a hybrid. Get a PHEV if you want to go certain miles without engine power at all. The range is usually quite large, more than sufficient for a daily commute and/or errands. But in the off chance you need more range, you're not stuck with range anxiety. There's always the good old fashioned ICE.

I would always go with Toyota, or any major OEM for xEV vehicles over Tesla. The build quality will be greatly improved.

Also, looking at the posts above, Teslas are Not luxury vehicles by industry standards
One last point on the RAV4 Hybrid. Apparently, there is a big gas tank issue, in which it doesn’t fill up all the way. You lose range, but the car runs fine otherwise. That may be more of a design issue than build quality, but annoying nonetheless.

4nursebee

Post by 4nursebee » Mon May 25, 2020 10:30 am

On the subject of noise, when I am going down the road with my windows down, and I am near a Tesla I here no noise coming from them. Every other vehicle emits more noise than a Tesla.

I enjoy picturing the future of electric transportation! The sound of silence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iai6m7FBLDQ
Pale Blue Dot

fatcoffeedrinker

Post by fatcoffeedrinker » Mon May 25, 2020 12:04 pm

nicklao wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:40 pm

I also went from a Genesis to an M3, and agree with the increased noise comment. And also agree that is the only negative for me. But if I am on a conference call on the way to work (back in the days when we actually drove to work), I would have to slow from 75 to 60 to cut the road noise. Even then, I regularly mute my phone when not speaking.

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Mon May 25, 2020 7:46 pm

If you are considering the RAV 4 as a quieter vehicle, suggest you will likely be disappointed,
Own a RAV 4 hybrid with their top trim line and although a good vehicle, it is NOT especially quiet,

Toyota seems to save the noise reduction technology and extra sound deadening materials for their Lexus line up.

Tire tread type and road surface are variables significantly impacting road noise Inside the vehicle as well.

Regards
Bruce | | Winner of the 2017 Bogleheads Contest | | "Simplicity is the master key to financial success."

TimeRunner

Post by TimeRunner » Mon May 25, 2020 9:29 pm

Watch the Munro Live videos if you want a deep dive look at the Tesla Model Y. Start with episode E1 and work your way up. You'll be amused to see what's in the hollow space near the wheel well to absorb sound. Here they are: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj--iM ... 5XQ/videos
One cannot enlighten the unconscious.

Topic Author
Will do good

Post by Will do good » Mon May 25, 2020 11:23 pm

TimeRunner wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:29 pm
Watch the Munro Live videos if you want a deep dive look at the Tesla Model Y. Start with episode E1 and work your way up. You'll be amused to see what's in the hollow space near the wheel well to absorb sound. Here they are: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj--iM ... 5XQ/videos
Holy cow! Thank you.

4nursebee

Post by 4nursebee » Tue May 26, 2020 4:18 am

TimeRunner wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:29 pm
These are great videos for so many reasons, not just for those considering the car.
Pale Blue Dot