COVID - 19 things to do

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
learningLady

COVID - 19 things to do

Post by learningLady » Tue May 12, 2020 8:37 am

Good Morning all,

We all are staying home, WFH, taking care of kids and missing lots of regular social aspects of life. I am sure many of us are feeling depressed or sad with current situation. I am one of them. Trying to stay positive.

Please all suggest - what things to do to stay positive for next few months. few things I came up with are : spend more time with kids, gardening.

Please all lets roll this ball and come up with great ides to support each other in unprecedented times.

MotoTrojan

Re: COVID - 19 things to do

Post by MotoTrojan » Tue May 12, 2020 8:39 am

Been watching the sunset most nights, nice way to wind down.

UpsetRaptor

Post by UpsetRaptor » Tue May 12, 2020 8:41 am

I just realized my kids have never seen Back to the Future or Princess Bride, and it's been a couple years since they've seen ET. Time for some movie nights!

climber2020

Post by climber2020 » Tue May 12, 2020 8:48 am

Get in the best shape of your life. Our office closed for several weeks, and I don't think there was any other period of my life where I ran more miles in that span of time. The endorphins help you feel better as well.

ddurrett896

Post by ddurrett896 » Tue May 12, 2020 8:54 am

Pre Covid I had two powerwheels in my garage. Now I have 6 that are rotated as they die. Happy kids playing outside more than ever.

bloom2708

Post by bloom2708 » Tue May 12, 2020 8:56 am

UpsetRaptor wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:41 am
I just realized my kids have never seen Back to the Future or Princess Bride, and it's been a couple years since they've seen ET. Time for some movie nights!
Three great picks.

Also, watch or re-watch "The Goonies" Spielberg 1985.

But first, watch the 2020 "Covid" reunion video on YouTube. A must see for Goonies fans. So amazing to see the cast and how they got everyone together in a Zoom meeting.

https://youtu.be/-SF_VyXQpyo

Walks, bike rides, house/yard projects, good books, catch up (phone/video) with old friends, eat healthy, cook healthy meals.
Last edited by bloom2708 on Tue May 12, 2020 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We are here to provoke thoughtfulness, not agree with you." Unknown Boglehead

BruinBones

Post by BruinBones » Tue May 12, 2020 8:59 am

The mind and body needs structure and stimuli.
Stay moving. Even if you are casually lounging, do it in different rooms of the house and/or front and back yards.
Walk or exercise if you can.
Keep a regular sleep/wake cycle even if your daily schedule is empty.
Don't overeat, over-drink alcohol, or over smoke more than usual.
Call, text, or write to your friends/family/colleagues, just to "check in." They'll appreciate it.

livesoft

Post by livesoft » Tue May 12, 2020 9:01 am

Get a headlamp and use it to go running between one hour after sunset and one hour before sunrise. That's quite a lot of time at your disposal. The headlamp will light up quite a lot of eyes staring back at you. Last night: cats, possum, raccoon, and about a million wolf spiders. And almost no one else is out there.

And then there is that pull-up thing that is popular on this forum, too.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.

jebmke

Post by jebmke » Tue May 12, 2020 9:20 am

I have a huge list of books that have been on my reading list for a while.

It is migration season so I spend a lot of time outside looking for birds.

I might actually do my taxes before September this year.
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.

fatFIRE

Post by fatFIRE » Tue May 12, 2020 9:34 am

I've accepted that COVID-19 is here to stay FOREVER, and it made me feel much better. As weird as it sounds, by assuming that it won't go away, you will take actions you would not have taken otherwise, and also bad news doesn't bother you anymore.

2nd peak? Meh...
No vaccine? Meh...
Virus mutate to be more lethal? Meh...
More testing rollout blunders? Meh...
Situation getting worse? Meh...
Opening too soon? Meh...

I find that this mindset changed help more than anything else I "did" to destress.

carolinaman

Post by carolinaman » Tue May 12, 2020 9:47 am

livesoft wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:01 am
Get a headlamp and use it to go running between one hour after sunset and one hour before sunrise. That's quite a lot of time at your disposal. The headlamp will light up quite a lot of eyes staring back at you. Last night: cats, possum, raccoon, and about a million wolf spiders. And almost no one else is out there.

We live on a half mile paved road that is wooded. I used to enjoy walking at night but encountered too many copperheads in road. Other wildlife is abundant but harmless. Always have a flashlight with you if you do walk/run at night.

livesoft

Post by livesoft » Tue May 12, 2020 9:59 am

Why are you afraid of copperheads? Or any snake? It is not like you cannot see them and go around them. I enjoy finding snakes and other wildlife. The main thing to be afraid of is other human beings especially those on bikes or in cars that don't see you. Light yourself up front and rear. Pointing a flashlight down at the road may not be enough to have other human beings see you.

And for goodness sakes don't wear all black and go out on an all-black skateboard without any lighting whatsoever like the teenager I saw last night.

-ryan-

Post by -ryan- » Tue May 12, 2020 10:04 am

Most days I forget that there is even a pandemic going on, so I think avoiding the news media is helpful to your mental health. We have been spending a lot of time on hiking trails and just got the canoes out again the other weekend, so other than the fact that I'm seeing most of my clients via video rather than in person right now life is pretty normal. We do live in NY, the hardest hit state, but our region has already passed its peak and hit all the criteria to begin reopening this weekend. I don't concern myself with thoughts of a possible second wave. My mental and emotional power is much better spent dealing with the situation at hand.

I have also been doing a lot of reading. Now is the time to order some new books and take advantage of the time!

Good luck to everyone out there!

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Tue May 12, 2020 10:16 am

This thread is now in the Personal Consumer Issues forum (things to do).
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

mak1277

Post by mak1277 » Tue May 12, 2020 10:19 am

I'm thankful every day that I don't have to go into the office and work. Working from home is so much better for me.

treadingwater

Post by treadingwater » Tue May 12, 2020 10:27 am

At first I "treated" myself with unhealthy comfort foods to try to feel happier but recently started reading How Not To Diet and its putting me back on track. I feel much better during the day when I feed my body right. Better energy all around. :happy
"It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine." - Eeyore

Theseus

Post by Theseus » Tue May 12, 2020 10:36 am

1. Exercise 3-5 days a week. I am working with a trainer on Zoom 3 days a week. And other 2 days my own thing.

2. Just before lockdown, I started roasting my own coffee. In February I got a popcorn popper to roast. Then upgraded to Behmor 1600+ and that has changed the game significantly. Have taken 10 or so roasts to get my roast close to what I like. And trying different varieties of coffee.

3. I have never backpacked. So after doing a lot of research, I ordered a bunch of light weight backpacking gear from REI. I should arrive next week and I hope to do an overnight next week sometime. And assuming I can handle it (bad needs, bad back), I will start doing 2 nights, 3 nights etc.

4. Got my sleep routine consistent. I was always consistent but there was a week I ended up staying late watching TV that messed up my cycle. Now in bed at 10.

5. Watching TV and reading.

6. Have never baked. But I might start that next. Especially if I can find a high fiber, high protein and low sugar bread recipe.

InMyDreams

Post by InMyDreams » Tue May 12, 2020 11:55 pm

I think having a routine - especially with children - is really important. You didn't mention ages, but trying to include some studying may help keep them school-ready for the fall. And some of it could be things they're not doing in school.

Language? I haven't done it, but another thread talked about Spanish language lessons outside the US. This place was recommended on the thread, and they charge $50 for 5 lessons:
https://launion.edu.gt/spanish-classes/spanish-online/

And you could have Spanish days - everyone converses in Spanish for the day (or hour or meal).

What about doing biology lessons with the garden? What is germination? Mendelian genetics with wrinkled peas.

Chemistry - how about making wine or beer? Volcanoes with baking soda and vinegar?

Reading time - what will they be reading in the fall? Can they get ahead, or could they read a book by the same author?

Aerodynamics of a paper airplane. Compare to he old balsa wood planes (still available on Amazon - pretty cheap)

clip651

Post by clip651 » Wed May 13, 2020 12:36 am

Set up a bird feeder or two, and a hummingbird feeder. Get a decent bird book and get to know your local birds. If kids are old enough, they can count birds, identify them, try to tell males from females, learn about bird behavior, etc. Can be enjoyable and relaxing to watch them for a few minutes several times a day.

cj

annu

Post by annu » Wed May 13, 2020 2:42 am

Workout, workout and workout. You dont need to drive anymore, no wasting time chit chatting with colleagues when you see them at work use all that time to excercise. No excuse to not eat healthier food made in home, no excuse to limit drinking anymore as bo more work events.

No more zero days, your future self will thank you for investing in your health. I do a two part 90 minutes workout everyday, 30 minutes morning and 60 might and eat healthy.
Was challenge when I started, but only allowed to watch tv when working out now. 4 miles run is two episodes of office, another two episodes of it crowd is my weight exercise.

First 2 weeks, was full of excuses, now it is my routine.

Boglegirl81

Post by Boglegirl81 » Wed May 13, 2020 4:00 am

bloom2708 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:56 am
UpsetRaptor wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:41 am
Three great picks.

But first, watch the 2020 "Covid" reunion video on YouTube. A must see for Goonies fans. So amazing to see the cast and how they got everyone together in a Zoom meeting.

Walks, bike rides, house/yard projects, good books, catch up (phone/video) with old friends, eat healthy, cook healthy meals.
I watched the reunion a few days ago and it was so good!! :D

lthenderson

Post by lthenderson » Wed May 13, 2020 7:31 am

bloom2708 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:56 am

Dang there is 25 minutes I'll never get back and now I have to waste another two hours and go rewatch Goonies. Thanks for the link!

carolinaman

Post by carolinaman » Wed May 13, 2020 8:47 am

livesoft wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:59 am
Why are you afraid of copperheads? Or any snake? It is not like you cannot see them and go around them. I enjoy finding snakes and other wildlife. The main thing to be afraid of is other human beings especially those on bikes or in cars that don't see you. Light yourself up front and rear. Pointing a flashlight down at the road may not be enough to have other human beings see you.

And for goodness sakes don't wear all black and go out on an all-black skateboard without any lighting whatsoever like the teenager I saw last night.
I am not afraid of snakes. We have black snakes on our property and an occasional king snake. I never bother them. I will not harm copperheads in the wild but when they are in a location with lots of homes and people, including kids, they have to go. BTW, copperheads literally disappear when they are in leaves. You can step on one very easily. I do have some common sense, contrary to what you seem to think.

Topic Author
learningLady

Post by learningLady » Wed May 13, 2020 9:13 am

InMyDreams wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:55 pm
I think having a routine - especially with children - is really important. You didn't mention ages, but trying to include some studying may help keep them school-ready for the fall. And some of it could be things they're not doing in school.

Language? I haven't done it, but another thread talked about Spanish language lessons outside the US. This place was recommended on the thread, and they charge $50 for 5 lessons:
https://launion.edu.gt/spanish-classes/spanish-online/

And you could have Spanish days - everyone converses in Spanish for the day (or hour or meal).

What about doing biology lessons with the garden? What is germination? Mendelian genetics with wrinkled peas.

Chemistry - how about making wine or beer? Volcanoes with baking soda and vinegar?

Reading time - what will they be reading in the fall? Can they get ahead, or could they read a book by the same author?

Aerodynamics of a paper airplane. Compare to he old balsa wood planes (still available on Amazon - pretty cheap)
My boys are in 9th and 7th grade. They are happy in electronics. Its mom usually who feels lonely at times.

Topic Author
learningLady

Post by learningLady » Wed May 13, 2020 9:14 am

Yesterday ordered yarn - my younger son wants to do knitting. I thought we both can do a project together. Thinknig of learning spanish as my younger one is doign spanish in middle school.

Have tried to start a book club - but we all are struggling with finding ebooks free? Most good ebooks in libraries are on hold

David Althaus

Post by David Althaus » Wed May 13, 2020 9:25 am

Retired but here's what I would strive for if fortunate enough to be working from home:
1. Become absolutely indispensable to my employer.
2. Get fit and stay fit.
3. Resolve to cut my number of drinks per week in half.

The rest will take care of itself.

All the best

livesoft

Post by livesoft » Wed May 13, 2020 9:47 am

carolinaman wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:47 am
BTW, copperheads literally disappear when they are in leaves. You can step on one very easily. I do have some common sense, contrary to what you seem to think.
Earlier in this thread we were talking about running on a road at night and not hiking through the leaves.

I have seen many copperheads and stepped directly on at least one. I agree that they disappear in the leaves. I met someone last week who was bitten when he reached down by his outdoor AC unit. I have killed two copperheads in my lifetime that were near the foundation on my home.

shell921

Post by shell921 » Wed May 13, 2020 10:24 am

Here is what I have been doing:
more reading
walking - my local park re-opened 2 weeks ago
much more cooking - researching/refining recipes
more drawing
more stretching
doing resistance band exercises
writing
meditating
gardening
wim hoff deep breathing - relaxing and calming
cleaning out closets/drawers
cleaning garage

I used to bake bread years ago so this past week I thought about baking some bread again but I can not find yeast packets in any grocery!

Clever_Username

Post by Clever_Username » Wed May 13, 2020 10:35 am

As for me, work has gotten busier and is taking more of my time each week than it did before this pandemic. I have books I want to read, TV shows I want to watch, movies I want to watch, ... and I'm making near zero progress on those because work is taking up so much more time. But as far as problems go, that doesn't seem so bad.

Since the gym is closed and I didn't think to get weights before they ran out (I'll probably buy the ones in October when people put them on Craigslist, barely used), I have been taking longer walks.

Some golf practice, but I was doing that regularly pre-pandemic so that's not a big change. Most of the practice is at home.

I think I'll adopt this view:
fatFIRE wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:34 am
I've accepted that COVID-19 is here to stay FOREVER, and it made me feel much better. As weird as it sounds, by assuming that it won't go away, you will take actions you would not have taken otherwise, and also bad news doesn't bother you anymore.
"What was true then is true now. Have a plan. Stick to it." -- XXXX, _Layer Cake_ | | I survived my first downturn and all I got was this signature line.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Wed May 13, 2020 10:43 am

shell921 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:24 am
I used to bake bread years ago so this past week I thought about baking some bread again but I can not find yeast packets in any grocery!
You can make yeast yourself, that's next on my list of things to do.

We have some on-going discussions: What have you baked recently? (includes bread)

Also: So what are you cooking
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

friar1610

Post by friar1610 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:25 am

annu wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:42 am
Workout, workout and workout. You dont need to drive anymore, no wasting time chit chatting with colleagues when you see them at work use all that time to excercise. No excuse to not eat healthier food made in home, no excuse to limit drinking anymore as bo more work events.

No more zero days, your future self will thank you for investing in your health. I do a two part 90 minutes workout everyday, 30 minutes morning and 60 might and eat healthy.
Was challenge when I started, but only allowed to watch tv when working out now. 4 miles run is two episodes of office, another two episodes of it crowd is my weight exercise.

First 2 weeks, was full of excuses, now it is my routine.
I had been a regular exerciser well before the pandemic. With my gym closed I began working out in the basement using my weights, an old Nordic Track ski machine and an old piston-type rower. (I also walk outside). About 6 weeks ago I discovered several video workouts from a British company, Team Body Project, on You-Tube and found them to be just the ticket. I've since signed up with the site (giving me access to more workouts) and will probably get a Premium Membership (meaning you pay to get access to all their workouts and programs). This, plus using the Nordic and rower as warm ups and continuing outside walks, has increased my workout intensity, made them more interesting and varied and may cause me not to return to the gym when this is all over with.

teambodyproject.com

Disclosure: just a fan of this approach; no financial interest in the company.

ETA: it also takes up plenty of time!
Friar1610

shell921

Post by shell921 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:51 am

LadyGeek wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:43 am
shell921 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:24 am
You can make yeast yourself, that's next on my list of things to do.

We have some on-going discussions: What have you baked recently? (includes bread)

Also: So what are you cooking
Thanks Lady Geek ! I will look at those threads !

mega317

Post by mega317 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:59 am

Work is unchanged and little kids are home so there is no "found" time to do things like exercise more or learn a language. In fact I'd say we have a little less time since I need more sleep to keep up with work and kids all day.

There has been a dramatic increase in rattlesnake bites being admitted to my hospital, but I doubt that is because children are jogging after sunset.
https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6212

Ron Ronnerson

Post by Ron Ronnerson » Wed May 13, 2020 12:25 pm

Your post resonated with me. Life is strange right now and I have felt a lot of different emotions ranging from sadness to hope to confusion during the past couple of months. After some initial adjustments to the present situation, I have lately been in a good place mentally and emotionally. I will share details in case it’s helpful (and sorry for the long post ahead to those who don’t like long posts).

The main thing that has helped me cope with the situation is to accept that I can control certain things while other things are out of my control. Also, there are often silver-linings and opportunities during difficult times and finding those can make things easier.

I have found so many opportunities that have resulted from things being as they are at the moment. For example, there is a hill near our house and I take my daughter (age 6) on strolls there regularly now. The view of the town is amazing from up there. The last time we went up on the hill was over the weekend. We packed snacks and leisurely walked around, taking pictures of all the wildflowers. The time together was priceless.

Doing my job remotely has required a learning curve for sure. However, despite some of the challenges, the opportunity to learn new ways to do things has been exciting as well. I plan to continue to use some of the things that I’ve learned over the long run.

I used to drink wine a few times a week up until things closed down. I haven’t had any alcohol since then. The time I used to spend commuting has been replaced with daily workouts on my elliptical machine and exercise bike. I’m using this time to get healthier and haven’t felt this good in years. I dance with my daughter every evening in the living room, we go for walks around the neighborhood, and I have started stretching every day. I sleep until I wake up naturally. Eliminating alcohol and getting exercise and plenty of rest has been good for my mood as well. Also, having as strong an immune system as possible during a pandemic is probably not a bad idea either.

I have been having regular video meetings with old friends that live far away. It’s been so good to reconnect with them. Many people seem to have the time and desire to do that these days. Speaking of connections, I was talking with my wife just yesterday about this topic. We’ve been married for 15 years and are feeling more connected than ever. There is so much time right now that our stress levels are lower. There is no rush and we have time to enjoy just being together.

I am homeschooling our daughter. After I finish, we take a break and then my wife home-schools our daughter. Her class size has gone from 20:1 to 1:2. We read and do math every day and she does activities like conducting science experiments, learning about places on the globe, creating art, and building things. We’re taking this as an opportunity to provide a better education (in some ways) to our daughter than she might receive otherwise. For full disclosure, I will mention that I’m an elementary school teacher. However, my main point is about the opportunity available right now.

We’ve become better organized, decluttering around the house and getting rid of things we don’t need. The to-do list is pretty much gone.

The time off has provided financial opportunities as well. Yes, the value of the portfolio is down, but so are our expenses. We got a stimulus check and have used the extra time that’s available right now to open bank accounts that offer bonuses. Between the extra cash that has come in and the reduced expenses (from not having to commute, not having a house-cleaner, not eating out, etc.), our emergency fund has been growing.

We’ve been lucky so far in terms of the employment situation though I do expect to have some furlough days ahead. Everyone’s situation is different, of course. For those of us lucky enough to have our health and hold on to our jobs, there are lots of silver-linings in the world to appreciate and so many ways to make these days great ones.

baconavocado

Post by baconavocado » Wed May 13, 2020 12:59 pm

I'm finding it hard to stay positive as well. I find myself dwelling on the news far too much. Exercise does help but there are many days I just don't feel like going outside and not only because of the health risk.

blahman

Post by blahman » Wed May 20, 2020 9:57 am

1) Exercise
2) Declutter
3) Explore. Flowers are blooming here in the US Northeast. Lots of things to enjoy outdoors--you just need to look at the right places!

investingdad

Post by investingdad » Wed May 20, 2020 12:51 pm

Been playing video games a bit more at night since my commute changed from a 35 min drive to a walk to home office, so I'm sleeping later in the morning.

More family movie nights.

More frequent music playing/practice.

avenger

Post by avenger » Fri May 22, 2020 6:40 am

Indoor workouts - cardio and weight training with bands.
Outdoor exercise - bike rides
Piano practice - practicing with purpose much more, continuing lessons virtually with my piano teacher weekly. Delving into music theory in earnest.
Art history - I cant take my courses at the school of the Art Institute of Chicago, but continuing reading Jansons history of art.
Backyard - currently in the middle of a huge backyard construction project, putting in a plunge pool - something we started planning two years ago.
Gardening
Projects around the house - paring down the list
Cooking - having fun, taking our time.
cheers ... -Mark | "Our life is frittered away with detail. Simplify. Simplify." -Henry David Thoreau | [3 fund portfolio: VTI, VXUS, SV fund (yield 3.01%)]

Lynette

Post by Lynette » Fri May 22, 2020 8:02 am

Spanish
Gardening - vegetables
Gardening - lawn
Last edited by Lynette on Fri May 22, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

minimalistmarc

Post by minimalistmarc » Fri May 22, 2020 8:10 am

climber2020 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:48 am
Get in the best shape of your life. Our office closed for several weeks, and I don't think there was any other period of my life where I ran more miles in that span of time. The endorphins help you feel better as well.
You don’t have young kids do you?

climber2020

Post by climber2020 » Fri May 22, 2020 8:41 am

minimalistmarc wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:10 am
climber2020 wrote:
I do not. I purposely do not so I can do stuff like this.

Tyrobi

Post by Tyrobi » Fri May 22, 2020 10:10 am

Bring back guitar into my life and practice daily now.

I feel so blessed to have so much dedicated time for guitar :D.
Three-fund portfolio | "Simplicity is the master key to financial success." John C. Bogle

Wishskates

Post by Wishskates » Fri May 22, 2020 10:48 am

livesoft wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:01 am

I walked with foxes. Six entire foxes, two parents and four kiddos. I had no idea that foxes moved in groups or that parents would stay together and escort their babes.

I was walking at night, all these foxes came out of the yard I was passing, on my side of the road. They walked with me, making tiny fox noises I didn't even know were possible, for maybe 10 - 15 steps. I just kept walking exactly as I was while staring down in awe at literally being surrounded by entire group of foxes. Then they crossed the street and disappeared into a yard across from me.

It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life, seriously.

livesoft

Post by livesoft » Fri May 22, 2020 10:51 am

Wishskates wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:48 am
It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life, seriously.
Skunk families will do the same. :) (Also saw a fox twice this week. I do know where the den is, too, but haven't seen kits yet this year.)

minimalistmarc

Post by minimalistmarc » Fri May 22, 2020 12:14 pm

climber2020 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:41 am
minimalistmarc wrote:
climber2020 wrote:
If I’m honest, i would be loving lockdown without kids !

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Fri May 22, 2020 12:57 pm

I also saw a fox in my backyard yesterday.

This is the second third time this week that I've had to chase a deer out of my backyard. They're not afraid of people, as I got to within 20 feet of the deer before it moved away.

- Daily exercise routine - alternate days of jogging and strength training
- Moderate an investing forum
- Gardening

Update: The deer showed up again just after I made this post.

halfnine

Post by halfnine » Fri May 22, 2020 3:15 pm

minimalistmarc wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:14 pm
climber2020 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:41 am
minimalistmarc wrote:
climber2020 wrote:
If I’m honest, i would be loving lockdown without kids !
I, on the other hand, am enjoying lockdown with my kids. Without any kids I probably wouldn't be enjoying it as much.

KlangFool

Post by KlangFool » Fri May 22, 2020 3:24 pm

http://www.virginiaplaces.org/natural/bluebirds.html

OP,

We put up a birdhouse in our backyard. Every year, around this time, the bluebirds came back and raise their babies. They are back again. So, we can do bird watching on our deck.

KlangFool

lostcoast

Post by lostcoast » Fri May 22, 2020 3:31 pm

Dang, I read the topic as 'COVID-19 things to do' just like one of those click bait articles and never found the list of 19 things to do.
Moving on.

Texgal17

Post by Texgal17 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:51 pm

When I saw the title, I wondered why 19 things? Why not 20 or 25 things to do? Then I realized my error and it made me chuckle! 😂