Frozen Shoulder

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Oilcans

Frozen Shoulder

Post by Oilcans »

My wife has been suffering with frozen shoulder for several months. Tried physical therapy for awhile until therapist said the therapy wasn't working. Went to surgeon this morning. He said she could try either cortisone shot or surgery.

Anybody go through frozen shoulder and your what was experience with it?
runner3081

Re: Frozen Shoulder

Post by runner3081 »

In before lock. No medical advice allowed.
delamer

Post by delamer »

I had it a few years ago.

Did physical therapy (clinic and at home) which helped, but did not lead to completely recovering full motion.

Over time, though, it got back to about 95% which apparently is typical (meaning that it recovers without intervention).

So it depends on how uncomfortable your wife is as to whether she needs further treatment. I’d give it time before opting for surgery.

Interestingly, my mother had the same problem with then same shoulder at about the same age.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

This thread has run its course and is locked (medical advice). See: Medical Issues
Questions on medical issues are beyond the scope of the forum. If you are looking for medical information online, I suggest you start with the Medical Library Association's User's Guide to Finding and Evaluating Health Information on the Web which, in addition to providing guidance on evaluating health information, includes a list of their top recommended sites.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.