Frugal quarantine habits to keep

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
millennialmillions

Frugal quarantine habits to keep

Post by millennialmillions » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:57 am

Like it or not, the pandemic and quarantine have forced frugal habits on all of us. According to the National Bureau of Economic Research, overall consumer spending is down over 50%.

On the bright side, some of these frugal habits will be worth keeping after returning to business as usual.

The biggest one for me has been creating a home gym rather than buying a monthly gym membership. I spent a total of $360 to get adjustable dumbbells that go up to 100 pounds each, a bench, foam exercise floor mats, and Olympic rings with straps. I can do bench press, squats, curls, pull-ups, dips, and just about any other exercise I want. As an added perk, I don’t have to wait around for the bench to free up, standing awkwardly close to ensure people know I’m next in line.

Assuming this setup lasts me 5 years, I will save about $800 a year. I also assembled some more frugal habits that combine to make an $11,000 difference each year.

What are your newly developed frugal habits you plan to keep?
Last edited by millennialmillions on Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sandtrap

Re: Frugal quarantine habits to keep

Post by Sandtrap » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:17 am

DW and I are naturally frugal anyway so there's not much to add.

Home gym, his n hers, include "heavyweight" 12 pound dumbells. :shock:

Health and nutrition.

j :happy
Last edited by Sandtrap on Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know

MnD

Post by MnD » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:49 am

On-line shopping and curbside pickup at the giant deep discount liquor store fairly near us is working great and see no reason to return to in-store shopping especially at the over-priced small liquor store closest to us. On-line shopping results in more mindful purchasing of exactly what we want and the on-line store is great about highlighting all sale items, unlike in store which is kind of a treasure hunt. Also unlike meat and produce, you don't find an extra nice or bad looking bottle of whatever by shopping in-store.
70/30 AA for life, Global market cap equity. Rebalance if fixed income <25% or >35%. Weighted ER< .10%. 5% of annual portfolio balance SWR, Proportional (to AA) withdrawals.

mak1277

Post by mak1277 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:54 am

We have completely ceased eating take-out and are making all of our meals at home. While, yes, this is frugal, I can't wait to start eating at restaurants again when all this is over.

7eight9

Post by 7eight9 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:59 am

Started shopping more at Walmart Neighborhood Market. Discovered Oak Leaf wine @ $2.50/bottle. It tastes just as good as Trader Joe's Charles Shaw (Two-Buck Chuck which is actually $2.99). I can't see any reason why we wouldn't keep buying it.
I guess it all could be much worse. | They could be warming up my hearse.

carolinaman

Post by carolinaman » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:59 am

This virus will be with us in one form or another until we have a vaccine available for the masses (probably a year plus). As a 75 year old with asthma, I intend to continue my social isolation as much as possible. I will avoid crowds including all sporting events, no air travel, limited restaurant visits, no movies, will do DIY projects that I can, limit shopping to must have items and online as much as possible, cancel my gym membership ($900 a year) and other things.

My goal is not to save money but to avoid the virus. To offset my savings, I will give more generously to local charities serving those in need during the pandemic.

m@ver1ck

Post by m@ver1ck » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:03 am

We don't intend to go to malls, movies or eat out for the next couple of years. We used to eat out just once a week even before this, and go to movies once every few years - and most of the shopping was at amazon - so nothing much changes for us, I guess....

JediMisty

Post by JediMisty » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:09 am

carolinaman wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:59 am
This virus will be with us in one form or another until we have a vaccine available for the masses (probably a year plus). As a 75 year old with asthma, I intend to continue my social isolation as much as possible. I will avoid crowds including all sporting events, no air travel, limited restaurant visits, no movies, will do DIY projects that I can, limit shopping to must have items and online as much as possible, cancel my gym membership ($900 a year) and other things.

My goal is not to save money but to avoid the virus. To offset my savings, I will give more generously to local charities serving those in need during the pandemic.
I am "only" 62 without underlying conditions, but don't plan to travel until I have a vaccine in my body. Still working, but plan to start working from home 2 or 3 days a week when our facility reopens. I'll miss my dive vacation a few times each year, but this is worse than the flu. I religiously get all the flu vaccines every year. I also have vaccines for hep A, hep b, shingles and anything else I can get even if I pay for it myself. I'll be cutting out concerts, shows, movies, and other optinal activities until I can get a vaccine. This will keep flaring up untill there's a widely distributed vaccine or more of us pass away. I'll give more to charity, too.

stoptothink

Post by stoptothink » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:12 am

I hope my wife keeps up the ceasing of clothes buying...

We were already extremely frugal with our eating habits, but they've changed a bit with a focus on eating non-perishables. We were averaging ~$300/month for groceries for a family of 4, I spent $350 at the store almost exactly a month ago and we definitely can go a few more weeks. We're eating a lot of oatmeal (bought 25lbs. of groats), (dry) beans, and cans of tuna. We used to go through ~10lbs. of chicken breasts a week and that's about what we've gone through in a month. If anything, going from meat to cans makes it easier to monitor portions. Also, I was eating 2+lbs. of broccoli/cauliflower/green beans and another pound of leafy greens myself, per day, and I have dramatically cut that back because we don't have room to store huge amounts of frozen or fresh produce. When this is all done, we'll probably continue some of these habits. Going to the store once a month saves us time and money.

Jack FFR1846

Post by Jack FFR1846 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:12 am

I've made better use of the firewood I harvest. In the past, I went by the rule that if I have to split it, I just sell it. I'd use branches and smaller pieces to burn and sell off everything else. I've changed this to using hand tools to split everything. I'm also running the wood furnace every day, all the time. We've probably burned 5 gallons of heating oil in the last 3 weeks and that's for the water heater. I've used all this splitting, plus moving and stacking as my exercise routine. I've found I can noticeably do things I could not before from the added strength and endurance. Oh, and I've got a stack of about 2 cords (1 cord = 4' x 4' x 8') stacked and drying to use next year along with another stack I've started in the woods next to a huge oak that came down last year.

I think about Rocky IV, where Rocky went to the cabin in Russia to train for his fight. He didn't need any store bought exercise equipment. I'm fine with a splitting maul and an axe. Well....I do have a Kubota 4x4 tractor and a bucket to do the real heavy work.

I hope to continue this after I'm given permission to leave the property.
Bogle: Smart Beta is stupid

supalong52

Post by supalong52 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:13 am

We also did a home gym, but got everything from Rogue, which was a little more than $360. Consider it a prepayment of a few years' of gym dues.

We also got hair clippers so will probably get haircuts at home from now on.

Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:14 am

carolinaman wrote:

+1
Also in the "higher risk group" with personal safety protocols in place for DW and I.
Health has no price.

j :happy
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know

Isabelle77

Post by Isabelle77 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:18 am

Cutting back on kids' sports. Our son was in an insane amount of sports that required loads of driving, money and time. I think we can go from 12 hours a week to 6 hours and be happier overall.

We used to order a pizza for our kids on Friday nights and go out as a couple for dinner. I've found the kids don't care if the pizza is a frozen one. I think my husband and I will still go out for dinner though :)

In general, in a good way, the virus has made us take a look at our crazy lives and adjust.

HoosierJim

Post by HoosierJim » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:23 am

Cooking everything from home. Was not a big "go out to eat" person but some of the tv commercials really look appetizing.

For some reason, I really want a JERSEY MIKE sub sammich.

KSActuary

Post by KSActuary » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:37 am

I hope that not too many adopt these frugal ways as all of our investment accounts will reflect the lowered consumerism. :D

boglegirl

Post by boglegirl » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:38 am

7eight9 wrote:
Started shopping more at Walmart Neighborhood Market. Discovered Oak Leaf wine @ $2.50/bottle. It tastes just as good as Trader Joe's Charles Shaw (Two-Buck Chuck which is actually $2.99). I can't see any reason why we wouldn't keep buying it.
In SoCal, 2 Buck Chuck became 2 Buck Chuck again earlier this year.

wanderer

Post by wanderer » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:39 am

We went to 50/50 to start retirement In 2013, but had been thinking of upping that to 60/40. Glad we didn’t. (But tempted to do so if market dips again 👿.)

winterfan

Post by winterfan » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:41 am

I've always had a home gym in the basement of our house. It has a barbell, free weights, squat rack (also can be used for bench presses) adjustable dumbbells, flat and incline benches and a treadmill. I don't use the treadmill much since we have a dog that needs a walk everyday. I don't like going to the gym because it's such a waste of time. Not only in driving to the gym, but also waiting for the equipment. Plus I can go down to lift in my pajamas. We've had the weight lifting setup for about five years. I'm sure it's paid for itself. Especially because it still gets used.

winterfan

Post by winterfan » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:42 am

mak1277 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:54 am
We have completely ceased eating take-out and are making all of our meals at home. While, yes, this is frugal, I can't wait to start eating at restaurants again when all this is over.
+1. I especially miss going out to brunch with my family.

JackoC

Post by JackoC » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:52 am

My gym is nominal $10/mo. Even with small fees on top no way to come out ahead buying anywhere near equivalent equipment. I will eventually probably have to buy some limited equipment but will view it as an added cost not saving from the pandemic.

In early 60's not sure if my hiatal hernia/GERD breathing issues, sometimes, qualify me as 'no underlying condition', though I'm in great shape generally skipping any false modesty, and also not sure I haven't had COVID already. I live in a hotspot and had fairly mild but prolonged flu symptoms in March, though even if so we can't be sure what kind of immunity that gives for how long. But I don't plan to fly for recreation, go to movie theaters, normally crowded restaurants, malls etc., indefinitely. There might at some point be a difference of opinion and haggling toward a compromise with wife who is more stir crazy than I am. But some of those things involved significant spending, for example cancelling a planned Europe river cruise trip (w/ extended family), with nothing out of pocket yet, alone saved $16k (would have our most expensive vacation ever by a mile). For general shopping it's possible we end up buying just as much through alternative channels, we'll see over time. But we started with zero take out/pick up to replace eating out, still only maybe half now.

quantAndHold

Post by quantAndHold » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:57 am

I have no intention of keeping any of this up once it’s safe to get out and do stuff again. The power rack in the basement will become a very sturdy clothes rack once again. We’ll eat out from time to time, just like we did before. We’ll travel. And I WILL get a haircut.
Yes, I’m really that pedantic.

Topic Author
millennialmillions

Post by millennialmillions » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:00 am

supalong52 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:13 am
We also did a home gym, but got everything from Rogue, which was a little more than $360. Consider it a prepayment of a few years' of gym dues.

I also got hair clippers for the first time (managed to snag them on Ebay before they sold out). Previously, I was spending $20 per month to go to Great Clips. While not terribly expensive, it seems I can get the same haircut at home with a $30 set that I expect to last at least 3 years.

That's $230 in annual savings, and it only came with a few expletives from DW as I was giving her detailed instructions on how to cut it :happy

TheOscarGuy

Post by TheOscarGuy » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:26 am

millennialmillions wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:57 am
Like it or not, the pandemic and quarantine have forced frugal habits on all of us. According to the National Bureau of Economic Research, overall consumer spending is down over 50%.

On the bright side, some of these frugal habits will be worth keeping after returning to business as usual.

The biggest one for me has been creating a home gym rather than buying a monthly gym membership. I spent a total of $360 to get adjustable dumbbells that go up to 100 pounds each, a bench, foam exercise floor mats, and Olympic rings with straps. I can do bench press, squats, curls, pull-ups, dips, and just about any other exercise I want. As an added perk, I don’t have to wait around for the bench to free up, standing awkwardly close to ensure people know I’m next in line.

Assuming this setup lasts me 5 years, I will save about $800 a year. I also assembled some more frugal habits that combine to make an $11,000 difference each year.

I am not keeping any of my "frugal" habits due to lockdown. I was frugal to begin with and would go back to the same level of spending as I used to when we go back to "normal" in 12/18/24 months when we have the vaccine. Particularly my expenses on entertainment, spending on eating out, and shopping would go back to where it was pre-covid-19.

Spending on health is always a good idea. Depending on your healthcare plan you may be able to get some or all of the money spent on exercise equipment back.

Boglegirl81

Post by Boglegirl81 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:12 am

No frugal quarantine habits I intend to keep. I can’t wait to get back to restaurants and happy hours and browsing in an actual stores, rather than online. I’ve never really enjoyed online shopping except for research purposes. I don’t even have Amazon Prime.

I already had a home gym set-up, which gets used nearly every day along with a $10/month exercise streaming service. I never did it out of frugality, but rather because I think my set-up is better than anything I could get from a gym. I do miss having my “gym friends” though.

Jags4186

Post by Jags4186 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:21 am

We have very few reoccurring “optional” expenses:

YouTube TV: $49.99/mo
Cell Service for two with Verizon: $75.00/mo (I just ordered Mint Mobile sims so this will go down to $35/month or so)
Hulu: $1.99/mo (1 year promo, will cancel at end of year)
Verizon Fios: $52.xx/mo — already have the cheapest option in my market
iCloud 50gb plan for two phones: $1.98/mo
Lottery tickets: ~$10/wk
Amazon Prime: $119/yr
PlayStation Network: ~$59/yr

My wife does Zoomba classes which she spends $5 per class on. Those have continued and are being done via Zoom.

Starbucks by me has closed, so no more $5 nitro cold brew coffees, but that has been replaced with Stok Cold Brew from the supermarket which is $5/1.5 quarts. I will keep doing this. I can never make iced coffee as good as these—and I have tried many times!

Old Guy

Post by Old Guy » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:46 am

I’m 77. I have no intention of living my remaining years in a frugal manner.

Post by 123 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:54 am

We do more meal advance planning under quarantine and now minimize grocery shopping trips. In the past one of us would stop for something at the market 3 or 4 times a week (virtually eliminating wasted food since replenishment was easy) because the market was on the way home from work. Now it's a burden to go more than once a week due to waits, lines, etc.
The closest helping hand is at the end of your own arm.

knightrider

Post by knightrider » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:11 pm

As my home cooking improves I feel less interested in ordering take out. Hope I am not killing the local economy by this!

Although my food is not as tasty as take out , it is healthier and fresher..

getthatmarshmallow

Post by getthatmarshmallow » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:22 pm

We're actually spending more eating out than we were prior to the quarantine, as our town has a lot of local restaurants that we'd hate to see go under. Once a week takeout instead of one a month out. Or, check that -- spouse tends to grab a fountain soda once a day and usually a snack from the local mini-mart (why I don't know) so we might actually be ahead.

We're not spending anything on childcare at the moment but I am NOT keeping that up.

friar1610

Post by friar1610 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:36 pm

carolinaman wrote:

This sounds a lot like me - I'll be 75 in 2 weeks and have mild asthma. Colds generally hit me hard so I have no reason to think COVID would be particularly kind to me. Therefore, I'll be very judicious about going back to some previous activities but based much more on health concerns than financial ones. Still haven't decided on the gym. I love the spinning classes and like everything else. Since I can pretty well do the "everything else" in the basement or by walking/hiking maybe I should just buy a bike. We really like to travel but I don't foresee any planes, tour buses or cruise ships for a good long time.
Friar1610

VanGogh

Post by VanGogh » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:01 pm

Because of the paper product shortages, I placed a small cloth towel near the paper towel holder. Using the cloth towel whenever possible has made a huge difference in the need to purchase paper towels.

I won't buy a plane ticket until there's a proven vaccine.

Irisheyes

Post by Irisheyes » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:28 pm

Far less use of toilet paper 8-)

Amazing how I just used to pull off squares and squares.

No longer do I unthinkingly just rip off a handful.

ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:39 pm

Irisheyes wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:28 pm

I've only had one "coronavirus"-related dream, or only one that I remembered after waking up:

In my dream, DH was complaining that I was using too much toilet paper.
He got a real kick out of that. :D

I wonder what a Freudian analyst would make of that one.
Anyway, I've noticed that since then, I do at least pay a bit of attention to how much is rolled off.
At least we no longer have any cats who think that unrolling the TP is one of the best games in town :annoyed

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.

Topic Author
millennialmillions

Post by millennialmillions » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:45 pm

Irisheyes wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:28 pm

I've heard bidet sales are way up, but I suspect it will be a while before the saving on toilet paper offsets the bidet cost. Hmm, you've given me some research to do!

LilyFleur

Post by LilyFleur » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:57 pm

Old Guy wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:46 am
I’m 77. I have no intention of living my remaining years in a frugal manner.
Good for you!

ARoseByAnyOtherName

Post by ARoseByAnyOtherName » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:06 pm

supalong52 wrote:
Good call. Rogue is not the cheapest but their stuff lasts forever, it is indestructible. I have rogue equipment that I have not treated well, left outside, etc, and years later it’s in almost perfect condition. Big fan of their stuff.

Looking4Answers

Post by Looking4Answers » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:12 pm

Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:00 am
supalong52 wrote:

That's $230 in annual savings, and it only came with a few expletives from DW as I was giving her detailed instructions on how to cut it :happy
My husband watched a ton of Youtube videos and did his all by himself.

knightrider

Post by knightrider » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:14 pm

Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:45 pm
I've heard bidet sales are way up, but I suspect it will be a while before the saving on toilet paper offsets the bidet cost. Hmm, you've given me some research to do!
No need for a bidet. Just fill up any old shampoo kind of bottle with warm water and spray away!

jabberwockOG

Post by jabberwockOG » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:15 pm

Weekly group Happy Hour suspended. Not holding my breath for a restart real soon but I do miss it. I think we will be staying home a lot more until hopefully a vaccine is available. If no vaccine it will be 3 years or so before herd immunity is widespread enough to make it safer to be in crowds for those at risk.

Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:15 pm

JediMisty wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:09 am
carolinaman wrote:

I am "only" 62 without underlying conditions, but don't plan to travel until I have a vaccine in my body. Still working, but plan to start working from home 2 or 3 days a week when our facility reopens. I'll miss my dive vacation a few times each year, but this is worse than the flu. I religiously get all the flu vaccines every year. I also have vaccines for hep A, hep b, shingles and anything else I can get even if I pay for it myself. I'll be cutting out concerts, shows, movies, and other optinal activities until I can get a vaccine. This will keep flaring up untill there's a widely distributed vaccine or more of us pass away. I'll give more to charity, too.
I am 63 with asthma. I too get vaccines including one for pneumonia. So far I am healthy. Knock on wood. I’ve eliminated coffee house lattes. Less money spent.

Lalamimi

Post by Lalamimi » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:22 pm

7eight9 wrote:
White or red or does it matter? I prefer the red Two-Buck over white. Darn, already did my Walmart pick up. Have to settle for the $5.99 Grineti from Aldi they were out of the $2.99 Wink.

MP173

Post by MP173 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:43 pm

I wont say we were frugal, but we were cautious with spending.

Currently we are very efficient with our cooking and consuming leftovers. With only two of us in the house, we typically will cook a meal which will be used a second night, but often re-constituted. My wife is brilliant at this. Me....last night a fried the leftover meatloaf, put cheese on top and made a meatloaf sandwitch.

Not sure about the gym (YMCA) membership going forward. I do enjoy getting out of the house, but three of us men have been walking daily and really enjoy the companionship and discussions. We have solved most of the problems in our country in just 3 weeks of walking and talking.

Clippers for haircuts for now....will it continue? Depends on how much I can convince my wife to continue.

Right now my wife is baking peasant bread and we used a leftover ham bone to make ham lentil soup. That is maximizing house inventory.

Ed

Will do good

Post by Will do good » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:16 pm

I will try to buy much less items from Amazon and Whole Foods, they are taking too many jobs and destroying local businesses.
With COVID-19 we counted on them too much, their market share goes way up and small business force to close and will be hurting for a long time.

Shop local.

JoeRetire

Post by JoeRetire » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:19 pm

Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:57 am
I save $3 per day not being able to play pickleball. But that's a forced habit, and not one I plan to keep as soon as the courts open up again.

We save a lot by not being about to eat out. Again, that's a forced habit, and not something we'll continue.

Other than that, I got nothin'. I guess we were frugal before and we'll still be frugal afterward.
It's the end of the world as we know it. | It's the end of the world as we know it. | It's the end of the world as we know it. | And I feel fine.

LilyFleur

Post by LilyFleur » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:29 pm

I am single, and meeting my girlfriends for dinner met my social needs and got me out and about. And, I usually eat fairly economically (I only drink water with my meal). I will begin that again when it is safe.

I used to treat my children and their significant others to a meal once a week... we might try cooking at home part of the time in the future. Although, I do see the value in sitting together in a restaurant and being able to focus on conversation with each other instead of figuring out and preparing the food and doing cleanup.

In the meantime, I am isolating even from my children. I don't even do takeout at this point. I hope it is a clearcut decision when it will be safe for at-risk people to be out doing normal activities again.

Topic Author
millennialmillions

Post by millennialmillions » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:25 pm

jabberwockOG wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:15 pm
Weekly group Happy Hour suspended. Not holding my breath for a restart real soon but I do miss it. I think we will be staying home a lot more until hopefully a vaccine is available. If no vaccine it will be 3 years or so before herd immunity is widespread enough to make it safer to be in crowds for those at risk.
I've saved a good amount from reduced bar spending, too. After things open back up, I'll still go to the bar, but probably less frequently, going to friends' homes instead.

whodidntante

Post by whodidntante » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:13 pm

Dottie57 wrote:
I am 63 with asthma. I too get vaccines including one for pneumonia. So far I am healthy. Knock on wood. I’ve eliminated coffee house lattes. Less money spent.
Pre COVID-19, I traveled a lot, including to some poor countries. I'm a big believer in loading up on any reasonable vaccination because odds are, I'm going to be exposed to just about everything. I had a doctor refuse a pneumonia vaccine because "insurance wouldn't cover it." I said fine, I would pay the entire cost without insurance before I left that day. Still refused.

My new doctor is working out great. :happy

Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:44 pm

whodidntante wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:13 pm
Dottie57 wrote:
Pre COVID-19, I traveled a lot, including to some poor countries. I'm a big believer in loading up on any reasonable vaccination because odds are, I'm going to be exposed to just about everything. I had a doctor refuse a pneumonia vaccine because "insurance wouldn't cover it." I said fine, I would pay the entire cost without insurance before I left that day. Still refused.

My new doctor is working out great. :happy
God for you.

MJS

Post by MJS » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:49 pm

supalong52 wrote:
I also got hair clippers for the first time (managed to snag them on Ebay before they sold out). Previously, I was spending $20 per month to go to Great Clips. While not terribly expensive, it seems I can get the same haircut at home with a $30 set that I expect to last at least 3 years.
Home Haircuts can be a source of joy, as Anderson Cooper shows:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/04/1 ... ot-vpx.cnn

ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:04 pm

MJS wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:49 pm
supalong52 wrote:
Home Haircuts can be a source of joy, as Anderson Cooper shows:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/04/1 ... ot-vpx.cnn
That was great. He really owned that bald spot! :D

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.