T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Post Reply
Topic Author
Cycle
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 7:57 pm
Location: Minneapolis

T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by Cycle » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:50 pm

Is T-Mobile Connect pre-pay mobile phone service the best value for low data consumers right now?

It's 15/mo (including taxes), and includes unlimited talk/text plus 2gb data.

Our two line bill from Google Fi was approx $65 a month and we used about 2.5gb total. This is $30/mo for two lines and includes more data. Switched earlier this week, porting went fine.

I'm actually using virtually no data now, but even so this is a bargain at $15/line

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/tmobile-connect-launch
Never look back unless you are planning to go that way

User avatar
Cubicle
Posts: 907
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:43 am

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by Cubicle » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:56 pm

It is very aggressive pricing. The biggest "caveat" is the data is totally cut off after 2gb. No 3G/2G fallback/throttling. It matters to some people, but probably not for you.

I think... ATT has a very similar priced plan right now. But something that it needs to be paid for the year initially. I don't recall all the details.
"Oh look another bajillion point declin-Ooooh!!! A coupon for pizza!!!!" <--- This is what everyone's IPS should be. ✓✓✓

fwellimort
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:41 am

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by fwellimort » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:15 pm

Mint Mobile

$15 a month for 3gb and unlimited call/text
$20 a month for 8gb and unlimited call/text

Mint Mobile uses the same network as T Mobile so there's that.

The biggest benefit however for TMobile is:
TMobile Tuesdays app.
https://www.t-mobiletuesdays.com/
It does give free donuts, useful discounts, etc every tuesday. I recall it does free DunkinDonuts donut and free coffee quite a bit so there's that benefit. And it regularly gives 40-60% discounts to all Reebok shoes online.
If you think the extra $5 is worth the app, then you should stick to TMobile Tuesdays. The app does give useful stuffs (and free money through gift cards) from time to time. It let me for instance buy photos from Walgreens for free and get me a 40% discount on my Reebok shoes that were already on sale.

You can see some past TMobile Tuesdays free stuff here:
https://www.tmonews.com/tag/t-mobile-tuesdays/
As you can see, there's quite a bit of free food that more than pays for itself. So if you don't need the extra 1 GB a month, the TMobile plan makes more sense
Lots of free stuffs like towels and gloves + free burgers. I decided I needed the extra 1 GB more but I definitely got my fair shares worth: i mean which other plan for $15 a month gives free panda express bowls, free dunkindonuts coffee and donut, free burger kings burger, 40%-60% additional discount on Reebok, free $2 gift cards, free towels, etc. It's a good deal in general.
For one of my friends, I believe the app saved him more money from the Tuesday benefits than the amount he paid to TMobile for a year. So don't under estimate the app. It can be very much worth it for some people.

And the one other thing is TMobile plan has access to 5G. If that's important, there's that too.

jjface
Posts: 3039
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by jjface » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:45 pm

Cycle wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:50 pm
Is T-Mobile Connect pre-pay mobile phone service the best value for low data consumers right now?

It's 15/mo (including taxes), and includes unlimited talk/text plus 2gb data.

Our two line bill from Google Fi was approx $65 a month and we used about 2.5gb total. This is $30/mo for two lines and includes more data. Switched earlier this week, porting went fine.

I'm actually using virtually no data now, but even so this is a bargain at $15/line

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/tmobile-connect-launch
Yes it is a good plan. It was launched as part of the sprint-t-mobile merger to help push things through so is here to stay for many years. You also get a 500mb bonus each year up to 4.5gb. There are others though in a similar price range eg mint mobile but they require you to prepay 12 months in advance.

Cricket has a similar $15 plan if ATT service is better for you. Price is subject to change but they usually grandfather you in once you buy a plan. Probably the best alternative right now. No additional taxes and there is 2g speed data once the 2gb runs out.

ATT also have a similar plan too also with price subject to change. But ATT are less likely to let you keep the $15 price for a long time. So there is a risk there.

Fclevz
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:28 am

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by Fclevz » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:56 pm

fwellimort wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:15 pm
Mint Mobile

$15 a month for 3gb and unlimited call/text
$20 a month for 8gb and unlimited call/text

Mint Mobile uses the same network as T Mobile so there's that.

The biggest benefit however for TMobile is:
TMobile Tuesdays app.
https://www.t-mobiletuesdays.com/
It does give free donuts, useful discounts, etc every tuesday. I recall it does free DunkinDonuts donut and free coffee quite a bit so there's that benefit. And it regularly gives 40-60% discounts to all Reebok shoes online.
If you think the extra $5 is worth the app, then you should stick to TMobile Tuesdays. The app does give useful stuffs (and free money through gift cards) from time to time. It let me for instance buy photos from Walgreens for free and get me a 40% discount on my Reebok shoes that were already on sale.

You can see some past TMobile Tuesdays free stuff here:
https://www.tmonews.com/tag/t-mobile-tuesdays/
As you can see, there's quite a bit of free food that more than pays for itself. So if you don't need the extra 1 GB a month, the TMobile plan makes more sense
Lots of free stuffs like towels and gloves + free burgers. I decided I needed the extra 1 GB more but I definitely got my fair shares worth: i mean which other plan for $15 a month gives free panda express bowls, free dunkindonuts coffee and donut, free burger kings burger, 40%-60% additional discount on Reebok, free $2 gift cards, free towels, etc. It's a good deal in general.
For one of my friends, I believe the app saved him more money from the Tuesday benefits than the amount he paid to TMobile for a year. So don't under estimate the app. It can be very much worth it for some people.

And the one other thing is TMobile plan has access to 5G. If that's important, there's that too.
T-Mobile Connect is not eligible for T-Mobile Tuesdays.

fwellimort
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:41 am

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by fwellimort » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:02 am

Then I guess Mint Mobile it is :)

iamlucky13
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:28 pm
Location: Western Washington

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by iamlucky13 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:17 pm

This plan was one the carrots they used to help placate the FTC's concern that going from two massive primary network operators, a third growing operator, and a 4th very slowly failing operator (plus the virtual operators) to 3 massive operators, would increase prices.

It will be available for 5 years per the terms of the merger, then may change, depending on market forces at that time.

I might finally bother getting a personal smartphone at this price.

02nz
Posts: 4979
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by 02nz » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:23 pm

As another posted, Connect cuts your data off altogether after the cap is reached. Mint at least gives you throttled (2G speed) data. In a pinch that's better than nothing. I think the only real advantages I can think of for T-Mobile Connect would be no de-prioritization (common to almost all MVNOs, but not really an issue 99.9% of the time in real use) and the ability to use T-Mobile locked phones (which I don't believe you can use on Mint, even though it runs on the TMO network).

If you use very little data, take a look at Red Pocket, which has very cheap plans on any of the 4 carriers esp. if you pay for a year. I got the 500MB/500text/500 minute (per month) plan for a family member for $100/year. Cheapest way to buy is through their eBay store: http://www.ebaystores.com/Red-Pocket-Store

nalor511
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:00 am

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by nalor511 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:34 pm

02nz wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:23 pm
As another posted, Connect cuts your data off altogether after the cap is reached. Mint at least gives you throttled (2G speed) data. In a pinch that's better than nothing. I think the only real advantages I can think of for T-Mobile Connect would be no de-prioritization (common to almost all MVNOs, but not really an issue 99.9% of the time in real use) and the ability to use T-Mobile locked phones (which I don't believe you can use on Mint, even though it runs on the TMO network).

If you use very little data, take a look at Red Pocket, which has very cheap plans on any of the 4 carriers esp. if you pay for a year. I got the 500MB/500text/500 minute (per month) plan for a family member for $100/year. Cheapest way to buy is through their eBay store: http://www.ebaystores.com/Red-Pocket-Store
After red pocket cut off all their customers when they lost TMobile affiliation, even though we'd paid for the whole month, I'd not trust them. Literally any other carrier preferred.

Jags4186
Posts: 4880
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:12 pm

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by Jags4186 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:54 pm

I don’t know what to do I am hyper analyzing such a small purchase.

We currently pay $75/mo for Verizon Prepaid, two lines, 15gb a month each. I used to get $75 of VZ gift cards on eBay for about $45 so it was great. Those deals have dried up and now I’m paying $75 full freight. We never used that much data and we definitely are using practically no data right now. Downgrade options on Verizon prepaid are not attractive.

I’m debating trying Mint Mobile for $15+tax/mo for 3gb, ATT for $15+tax/mo for 2gb, or Cricket for $15 with tax/mo for 2gb (8mbps throttled).

Decisions, decisions!

Hogan773
Posts: 575
Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 11:14 am

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by Hogan773 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:55 pm

Jags4186 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:54 pm
I don’t know what to do I am hyper analyzing such a small purchase.

We currently pay $75/mo for Verizon Prepaid, two lines, 15gb a month each. I used to get $75 of VZ gift cards on eBay for about $45 so it was great. Those deals have dried up and now I’m paying $75 full freight. We never used that much data and we definitely are using practically no data right now. Downgrade options on Verizon prepaid are not attractive.

I’m debating trying Mint Mobile for $15+tax/mo for 3gb, ATT for $15+tax/mo for 2gb, or Cricket for $15 with tax/mo for 2gb (8mbps throttled).

Decisions, decisions!
I have been on Cricket for years and it works well. It is, after all, really just AT&T.

02nz
Posts: 4979
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by 02nz » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:02 pm

Jags4186 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:54 pm
I don’t know what to do I am hyper analyzing such a small purchase.

We currently pay $75/mo for Verizon Prepaid, two lines, 15gb a month each. I used to get $75 of VZ gift cards on eBay for about $45 so it was great. Those deals have dried up and now I’m paying $75 full freight. We never used that much data and we definitely are using practically no data right now. Downgrade options on Verizon prepaid are not attractive.

I’m debating trying Mint Mobile for $15+tax/mo for 3gb, ATT for $15+tax/mo for 2gb, or Cricket for $15 with tax/mo for 2gb (8mbps throttled).

Decisions, decisions!
Why not try Mint, they have trial SIMs that you can buy for $5 (often $1) on Amazon. Plug in, make sure your phone is compatible (just about all unlocked phones are) and that the coverage is ok where you need to use the phone. Or you can buy from their own site, they have a money-back guarantee.

palaheel
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:35 am

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by palaheel » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:22 pm

Cricket has a couple of interesting plans for light data users:

2 GB High-Speed Data $ 30 / mo
2 GB of high-speed data + temporarily get an extra 10 GB of data

Mobile Hotspot temporarily included (after two billing cycles 10 GB bonus data and Mobile Hotspot will be removed)

Speeds up to 4G LTE; reduced to 128 Kbps after data allowance is used. Download speeds max 8 Mbps (LTE)/ 4 Mbps (4G). Not eligible for Auto Pay or multiline discount.


2 GB - Limited Time Offer! High-Speed Data $ 15 / mo
2 GB of high-speed data

Price subject to change. Speeds up to 4G LTE; reduced to 128 Kbps after data allowance is used. Download speeds max 8 Mbps (LTE)/ 4 Mbps (4G). Not eligible for Auto Pay or multiline discount.


Taxes and fees are included in Cricket prices.
Markets crash. Markets recover. Inflation takes your money FOREVER.

Jags4186
Posts: 4880
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:12 pm

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by Jags4186 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:12 pm

02nz wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:02 pm
Jags4186 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:54 pm
I don’t know what to do I am hyper analyzing such a small purchase.

We currently pay $75/mo for Verizon Prepaid, two lines, 15gb a month each. I used to get $75 of VZ gift cards on eBay for about $45 so it was great. Those deals have dried up and now I’m paying $75 full freight. We never used that much data and we definitely are using practically no data right now. Downgrade options on Verizon prepaid are not attractive.

I’m debating trying Mint Mobile for $15+tax/mo for 3gb, ATT for $15+tax/mo for 2gb, or Cricket for $15 with tax/mo for 2gb (8mbps throttled).

Decisions, decisions!
Why not try Mint, they have trial SIMs that you can buy for $5 (often $1) on Amazon. Plug in, make sure your phone is compatible (just about all unlocked phones are) and that the coverage is ok where you need to use the phone. Or you can buy from their own site, they have a money-back guarantee.
Amazon actually has the 3-month $15 plan on there for $40 and I was thinking of buying.

02nz
Posts: 4979
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by 02nz » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:44 pm

Jags4186 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:12 pm
02nz wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:02 pm
Jags4186 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:54 pm
I don’t know what to do I am hyper analyzing such a small purchase.

We currently pay $75/mo for Verizon Prepaid, two lines, 15gb a month each. I used to get $75 of VZ gift cards on eBay for about $45 so it was great. Those deals have dried up and now I’m paying $75 full freight. We never used that much data and we definitely are using practically no data right now. Downgrade options on Verizon prepaid are not attractive.

I’m debating trying Mint Mobile for $15+tax/mo for 3gb, ATT for $15+tax/mo for 2gb, or Cricket for $15 with tax/mo for 2gb (8mbps throttled).

Decisions, decisions!
Why not try Mint, they have trial SIMs that you can buy for $5 (often $1) on Amazon. Plug in, make sure your phone is compatible (just about all unlocked phones are) and that the coverage is ok where you need to use the phone. Or you can buy from their own site, they have a money-back guarantee.
Amazon actually has the 3-month $15 plan on there for $40 and I was thinking of buying.
I see the same but it appears to be a third-party seller that is fulfilled by Amazon but is NOT Mint Mobile (which sells on Amazon for $5 more). The reviews look ok but I'd stick to buying from Mint Mobile. If you really want to save a few bucks, buy from Mint's own site and go through TopCashBack for $20 back.

User avatar
slow n steady
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:54 pm

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by slow n steady » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:22 pm

My wife and I just switched to Mint Mobile this week. No issues so far.

Faith20879
Posts: 713
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:16 am

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by Faith20879 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:48 am

Additionally, we like Mint for
1. It allows used as a hotspot and
2. Free calls to Canada where we have family there.

core4portfolio
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by core4portfolio » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:54 am

I have mint and tello
Both are very competitive however tello have no prepay
I can refer or you can get referral in internet as it will give some credit to you also
Tello is monthly pay and flexible to change plans if you need. Mint is 12 month prepay.
In my mint sim, i occasionally do ISD calls for a minute like that.

Never tried these in international roaming.
Check stacksocial for tello deal Tello Value Prepaid 6-Month Plan: Unlimited Talk/Text + 2GB LTE Data
Check the slickdeals for stacksocial coupon on the above deal if you like tello.

Winner for me is tello
Allocation : 80/20 (80% TSM, 20% TBM) | Need to learn fishing sooner

02nz
Posts: 4979
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by 02nz » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:04 am

core4portfolio wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:54 am
I have mint and tello
Mint is 12 month prepay.
Paying 12 months gets you the lowest rates, but you can also pay 3 or 6 mos at a time. The initial promo gets you 3 months at the 12-month rate.

BackOfTheNet
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by BackOfTheNet » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:14 am

ATT prepaid has a unlimited talk/text with 8gb high speed data (and data rollover) for $300 per year ($25 per month) when you prepay.

User avatar
sunny_socal
Posts: 2223
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:22 pm

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by sunny_socal » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:46 am

Cricket offer is a straight $15/line. Our family plan is $100 for 4 lines, 'unlimited. This would be $60, wonder if anyone would complain after their youtube slowed down :wink:
Price subject to change. Speeds up to 4G LTE; reduced to 128 Kbps after data allowance is used. Download speeds max 8 Mbps (LTE)/ 4 Mbps (4G). Not eligible for Auto Pay or multiline discount.

iamlucky13
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:28 pm
Location: Western Washington

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by iamlucky13 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:00 pm

Cubicle wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:56 pm
It is very aggressive pricing. The biggest "caveat" is the data is totally cut off after 2gb. No 3G/2G fallback/throttling. It matters to some people, but probably not for you.

I think... ATT has a very similar priced plan right now. But something that it needs to be paid for the year initially. I don't recall all the details.
According to their site, you can purchase an additional data pass if needed for a busy month. I didn't see pricing based on a quick look. I think it used to be $10 per GB.

Also, most of us have a WiFi fallback, at least while at home, and using that when available significantly cuts down on using data for your plan.

ncbill
Posts: 778
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:03 pm
Location: Western NC

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by ncbill » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:56 pm

sunny_socal wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:46 am
Cricket offer is a straight $15/line. Our family plan is $100 for 4 lines, 'unlimited. This would be $60, wonder if anyone would complain after their youtube slowed down :wink:
Price subject to change. Speeds up to 4G LTE; reduced to 128 Kbps after data allowance is used. Download speeds max 8 Mbps (LTE)/ 4 Mbps (4G). Not eligible for Auto Pay or multiline discount.
Switched all my lines to the new plan...since everybody's home I told them they'll just have to use Wi-Fi once they use up that 2GB.

User avatar
bligh
Posts: 1288
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:13 pm

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by bligh » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:30 pm

fwellimort wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:15 pm
Mint Mobile

$15 a month for 3gb and unlimited call/text
$20 a month for 8gb and unlimited call/text

Mint Mobile uses the same network as T Mobile so there's that.
Thanks for that tip! Did not know about Mint Mobile.

Wow. Sounds like I should be able to save a ton of money!

How much do the additional fees on your plan come out to? It looks like the $15/month (or $20/month) does not include the usual fees, whereas Tmobile plans include fees in the per month cost.

dalbright
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:23 am

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by dalbright » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:42 am

Following as I have two lines with straighttalk and did not realize that others were so much cheaper now! Would like to get newer phones as we have the old iphone SE version...

nalor511
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:00 am

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by nalor511 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:39 pm

FYI, Tmobile connect (prepaid) does not have free international roaming like the postpaid plans do, BUT you can get it for $5 a month which is still a really good deal. Not that anyone is probably roaming much right at the moment, but it's a great thing to have built into your plan. https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/prepa ... al-roaming

Jags4186
Posts: 4880
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:12 pm

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by Jags4186 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:53 pm

bligh wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:30 pm
fwellimort wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:15 pm
Mint Mobile

$15 a month for 3gb and unlimited call/text
$20 a month for 8gb and unlimited call/text

Mint Mobile uses the same network as T Mobile so there's that.
Thanks for that tip! Did not know about Mint Mobile.

Wow. Sounds like I should be able to save a ton of money!

How much do the additional fees on your plan come out to? It looks like the $15/month (or $20/month) does not include the usual fees, whereas Tmobile plans include fees in the per month cost.
I just made plunge with Mint and ordered two 3gb SIMs. The cost was $50.53 for each (3 months service). So taxes are about $1.84/mo. I figure $1.84 is worth it for an extra 1gb and throttled data afterwards as opposed to 2gb total and a hard cut off. I wish I could go back and see how much data my wife and I typically use but Verizon prepaid only shows 45 days of usage history and they don’t give an easy to read “you used this much last month” breakdown. So we’ll try 3gb and see how it goes. Only an extra $60/yr to go to 8gb. I purchased through topcashback.com so I should hopefully get $40 total back.

For international roaming I usually buy a prepaid SIM on Amazon or eBay. When we are international we use way more data because typically we find internet in the hotels we stay either is an additional fee, not good, or both. Plus, it’s nice to have google maps for roaming the streets.

You can get 30 days of service in Europe for anywhere between $20-$30 on Amazon and that includes 12gb LTE data, 3000 minutes, 3000 texts.

smartinvestor2020
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:35 am

Re: T-Mobile Connect - $15/mo 2GB

Post by smartinvestor2020 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:18 pm

fwellimort wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:15 pm
Mint Mobile

$15 a month for 3gb and unlimited call/text
$20 a month for 8gb and unlimited call/text

Mint Mobile uses the same network as T Mobile so there's that.

The biggest benefit however for TMobile is:
TMobile Tuesdays app.
https://www.t-mobiletuesdays.com/
It does give free donuts, useful discounts, etc every tuesday. I recall it does free DunkinDonuts donut and free coffee quite a bit so there's that benefit. And it regularly gives 40-60% discounts to all Reebok shoes online.
If you think the extra $5 is worth the app, then you should stick to TMobile Tuesdays. The app does give useful stuffs (and free money through gift cards) from time to time. It let me for instance buy photos from Walgreens for free and get me a 40% discount on my Reebok shoes that were already on sale.

You can see some past TMobile Tuesdays free stuff here:
https://www.tmonews.com/tag/t-mobile-tuesdays/
As you can see, there's quite a bit of free food that more than pays for itself. So if you don't need the extra 1 GB a month, the TMobile plan makes more sense
Lots of free stuffs like towels and gloves + free burgers. I decided I needed the extra 1 GB more but I definitely got my fair shares worth: i mean which other plan for $15 a month gives free panda express bowls, free dunkindonuts coffee and donut, free burger kings burger, 40%-60% additional discount on Reebok, free $2 gift cards, free towels, etc. It's a good deal in general.
For one of my friends, I believe the app saved him more money from the Tuesday benefits than the amount he paid to TMobile for a year. So don't under estimate the app. It can be very much worth it for some people.

And the one other thing is TMobile plan has access to 5G. If that's important, there's that too.
The catch with Mint Mobile is that in order to get the $15 per month price you need to pay 1 year's worth of service in advance after the 3 month trial period ends. This could create problems if you want to switch due to problems encountered during the year. I tried mint mobile, and had problems with SIM card not recognized sometimes in my phone. I had to wait a number of months to switch carriers because I already paid one year's worth and didn't want to waste it. This T mobile $15 per month is truly $15 per month prepaid with 5G service included. Not only that, every year the data allotment increases by 500 MB per month so after 4 or 5 years you get at least 4GB of 5G service at the same low cost of $15 per month. On top of this, I find that the service is better for data users compared to Verizon at least where I've normally used my phone.

Post Reply