Are you still going to the grocery store or using a delivery service? Which?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
furikake

Re: Are you still going to the grocery store or using a delivery service? Which?

Post by furikake » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:34 pm

I went to Costco and Sam's Club 2 days ago, in mid afternoon. A lot of people had masks and gloves on, but people didn't care about social distancing at all, and there was this one guy who just coughed quite a bit without covering up. I left that aisle right away. Costco was busier than Sam's Club. I felt safer shopping at Sam's Club because they had fewer people and I could checkout myself with my phone, but there were more things I wanted at Costco. Both stores had limit 1 on a lot of items. Won't be going out again for a month.

Mudpuppy

Re: Are you still going to the grocery store or using a delivery service? Which?

Post by Mudpuppy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:14 pm

InvestingGeek wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:31 am
rec630 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:01 am
Where are these people buying masks and gloves? Havent seen any of them anywhere...figure they are with the alcohol bottles, sanitizer and disinfecting wipes! I wont be making my own. :confused
Yes, beats me too. I suspect they already had them stocked for shopwork or some such. But the number of people who have them is still surprising.
That's pretty much where mine are from. I've always had some N95 masks around to use for woodworking, yard work, or anything around the house that generates a lot of dust and/or particulates. I still have a couple of new masks in the 10-pack I bought last year. And I'm still using a mask for weed-whacking and mowing in the yard, although I've always reused the yard work masks until they get clogged with dust and pollen. The last thing I need is an allergy attack after weed-whacking the spring weeds in the veggie patch.

bryansmile

Post by bryansmile » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:15 pm

VictoriaF wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:21 pm

What is a good time to get a time slot at Costco? Today, I was refreshing my screen every few seconds from 7a.m to 10am, but no luck. Does it matter on what day of the week I am trying to place an order?

Thanks,
Victoria
Really no "good time" nowadays, just get your cart ready and keep trying. I spent 3 days to get an evening slot, another 2 days to switch it to an am slot. At the same time, have a backup plan. Whole foods has better availability, so I got a monthly Prime. I also bought the $25 membership to another warehouse club store, just more options I guess, sigh...

kingsnake

Post by kingsnake » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:17 pm

I am still going to the grocery store.

Walkure

Post by Walkure » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:28 pm

ClevrChico wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:09 am
We're not going to the grocery, as we're trying to reduce risk as much as we can. We're working from home now, school is closed, so why introduce another risk?

The curbside pickup groceries are booked solid here. It's almost impossible to reserve a slot.

We've had great luck with Instacart delivery from Aldi. There's only a two day backlog here, so it's easy to plan around. Ask a friend that uses Instacart for a referral code, and you'll both get $10 off your next orders.

Instacart does seem to mark up prices about 10%. They also charge a service fee of 5%, a delivery fee of $3.99, and a recommended 5% tip, so you'll be paying a premium.
Last time in a grocery store was two weeks ago. Placed an order on Sunday for Aldi through Instacart, and by the time I got all the items in the cart the next available delivery time was Thursday. I used a promo code to get the "delivery fee" waived but still paid the 10% markup, the service fee, and the recommended tip. Granted before this whole isolation thing I used to have to pay Uber to get to the nearest Aldi, so I consider it money well spent for the convenience of getting it delivered right to my door, plus the time savings. As soon as it arrived this morning I wiped down everything perishable and placed it on a dedicated shelf in the fridge. Everything else is still sitting in bags in the mudroom for the next 24-48 hrs.

Dick D

Post by Dick D » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:59 pm

I go shopping about twice per week. I went to the early morning senior hours this morning and left after seeing to many seniors to close together. Later in the morning I went to a Publix's and decided that is where I am going from now on. In addition to providing a sanitized cart, they had a person cleaning the self check outs after every person and personnel cleaning the conveyor belts. On arriving home ! I run hot water over the fruits and over plastic containers, wipes over the other items. I leAve the can goods in the car overnight and will wipe them down the next day. Also on leaving the supper market, I had the cart person spray my hands. Also lots on hand washing.

sixtyforty

Post by sixtyforty » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:41 pm

We finally got a pickup slot from our Local Grocery store for this Tuesday. First time we've ever done this. As everyone else has stated, keep your list updated and just refresh, especially early in the morning. We had our grocery list at three different stores and just picked the one that came available. We still plan on going to the grocery store every now and then to pickup specific items not available online. There are definitely dimwits out there that do not pay attention to social distancing.
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo Da Vinci

JediMisty

Post by JediMisty » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:02 pm

Went to our local grocery store at 8 a.m. today. Well stocked shelves, people were social distancing. some items were out of stock and there were limits on some items. One checkout lane was just for seniors. As a chemist, I'm good at keeping clean by using gloves and wiping down foods. Even washed the fruits and vegetables. Tomorrow I'll wipes down the canned goods and bring them inside. Keeping my trips to every 14 days.

bryansmile

Post by bryansmile » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:31 pm

I just found BJs has plenty of delivery time slots available next week on delivery.bjs.com. The only catch is there's a $14.99 delivery fee. I think that's to keep their product price the same as in store price, but I could be wrong.

squirm

Post by squirm » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:17 pm

I still go, went this morning. Delivery sounds more like a pain and I'm sorta picky. Wife stays home but helps after I disinfect the packaging with bleach/water.

Mickey7

Post by Mickey7 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:30 pm

While I still go to a physical store. I have changed my habits in doing so. Last month I bulked up on canned products so when it turns nastier, the need to go will be minimized. For my next time I will definitely take more precautions and will scout out the local stores to see which one has the fewest customers.

Nicolas

Post by Nicolas » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:12 pm

We did our first grocery pickup tonight, it went pretty well with only one problem: we ordered a package of M&Ms and we were charged for it, but when we got home no M&Ms.
So I sent a complaint and they said if we’re less than fifteen miles out (we are) they would send someone out with it — good service.

Of course several items on our list were not available, some they substituted equivalent items which were acceptable substitutions, and some items were out of stock and no substitutes were available. We started out with a $169 order and by the time they picked everything we were down to $139. We had to place our order five or six days in advance due to all earlier slots having been taken. We’ve already started a new order to pick up on Easter Day.

For all we know this saved our lives tonight so we plan on using pickup until it’s safe to shop in person again.
Last edited by Nicolas on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

motorcyclesarecool

Post by motorcyclesarecool » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:00 am

Our local grocery store has resumed its pre-existing curbside delivery program with a significant modification: Pickup slots can only be scheduled one calendar day in advance. So less likely to have items sell out in the interim. I did it yesterday and it worked pretty well. The flour sold out before it was picked. But we finally have confectioners sugar so can make buttercream. Our store’s social distancing protocol for the pickup was pretty good.
Understand that choosing an HDHP is very much a "red pill" approach. Most would rather pay higher premiums for a $20 copay per visit. They will think you weird for choosing an HSA.

Mitchell777

Post by Mitchell777 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:08 am

I shopped this morning during the early morning senior hour (60+). First time in two weeks. Got 80% of what I wanted. Harder to stay six feet away this time vs two weeks ago. Quite a few couples, healthy looking folks, shopping together. Made it more difficult to stay six feet away as they stand on opposite sides of an isle from time to time. Seems more likely one in the couple may get the virus when both are in the store. Still, shopping during that senior hour is a benefit I appreciate and people are staying calm, for now.

BV3273

Post by BV3273 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:12 am

My wife went this morning while I got the kids up. Had to stand online to get in to our local grocery store. They had very little meat, which was not the best quality. No 2% milk. No eggs. I hope they restock soon.

BogleFanGal

Post by BogleFanGal » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:08 pm

Seeing a couple of stores now limiting the number of people to 2 per shopping trip - think that's a great idea. It's ridiculous seeing families with 3-4+ screaming kids running around supermarket aisles getting underfoot during this time. Store staffs have enough to deal with.
"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen." Mark Twain

SchruteB&B

Post by SchruteB&B » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:39 pm

Some of your replies are making me really appreciate my grocery store. I go right away when it opens on the non-senior shopping days and everything is well stocked and there are very few other shoppers. I am easily able to maintain social distancing. Today I was able to place an Instacart order for a different grocery store (that has more specialty items) around 7am and they brought the whole order (except for 1 item) at noon.

erictiger12

Post by erictiger12 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:44 pm

Just made my first two orders for grocery pick up at two different places. It’s very difficult to find slot for delivery.

SimonJester

Post by SimonJester » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:48 pm

BogleFanGal wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:08 pm
Seeing a couple of stores now limiting the number of people to 2 per shopping trip - think that's a great idea. It's ridiculous seeing families with 3-4+ screaming kids running around supermarket aisles getting underfoot during this time. Store staffs have enough to deal with.
One issue could be that the kids are home from school and daycare is closed, if you are a single parent with young kids you really have no choice. Now if both spouses are also going with the kids I agree that is not good.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

bondsr4me

Post by bondsr4me » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:51 pm

grocery store for me....but keeping a safe distance from others.

BogleFanGal

Post by BogleFanGal » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:24 pm

SimonJester wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:48 pm
BogleFanGal wrote:
One issue could be that the kids are home from school and daycare is closed, if you are a single parent with young kids you really have no choice. Now if both spouses are also going with the kids I agree that is not good.
oh I agree. Not talking about single parents - and I sympathize there. I am seeing two parents, sometimes with their elderly relatives, plus multiple kids - crowding aisles, yelling loudly to each other down aisles, kids screaming and grabbing/putting back products potentially infecting these items, creating commotion and generally getting in other shoppers' and store staffs' way. Just the entire extended family - it's ridiculous and unnecessary. I wish managers would be more proactive about admonishing shoppers - but heaven's forbid we insult a delicate snowflake.
"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen." Mark Twain

JAZZISCOOL

Post by JAZZISCOOL » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:32 pm

Re: Blue Apron

Has anyone used any of the meal delivery services such as Blue Apron or Home Chef recently? I've never tried one but was curious if they are worth the money. It seems like they were really popular over a year or so ago but haven't heard much lately.

mervinj7

Post by mervinj7 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:59 pm

We've been using whole foods via Prime Now. We load up the online cart and check a couple of times a day for an opening. They book out fast. Once the order is done, we drive to the grocery store, pop the trunk, and the bags are placed inside. Once I saw the long line to get inside the store, I was quite pleased with the process.

palanzo

Post by palanzo » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:21 pm

madbrain wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:40 pm
amp wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:41 pm
I suspect that Walmart just has a better real-time inventory system than a lot of other stores. So if they're out of stock on something, it's marked as such on their website. With other groceries, it seems that they often don't know if something is in stock until the picker actually goes to the shelf and looks for it.
That isn't my experience at all with multiple Wal-mart stores in the bay area, with 85% of store items on my order that were "available" on the web site actually being out of stock. I had a $200 order yesterday that turned into a $29 order. I think the online inventory is just fictitious.
Also I don't see the option to pick up at the curb in the BA.

Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:24 pm

mediahound wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:49 pm
Notice more than a few strange looks, some hostile it seemed. . or fear?, since I had a N95 mask and latex gloves on. Only a few others had masks as well. Why nobody else is using these things is curious to me. Don't know why they are not being cautious.
In certain parts of Asia, everyone is now REQUIRED to wear a mask when going out. This eliminates any stigma since everyone has one on.
Perhaps it is only a matter of time before everyone realizes that is in "their own best interest" to protect themselves. Those that are stubborn or otherwise can be left to their own consequences.

j :happy
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know

palanzo

Post by palanzo » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:28 pm

BogleFanGal wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:24 pm
SimonJester wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:48 pm
BogleFanGal wrote:
oh I agree. Not talking about single parents - and I sympathize there. I am seeing two parents, sometimes with their elderly relatives, plus multiple kids - crowding aisles, yelling loudly to each other down aisles, kids screaming and grabbing/putting back products potentially infecting these items, creating commotion and generally getting in other shoppers' and store staffs' way. Just the entire extended family - it's ridiculous and unnecessary. I wish managers would be more proactive about admonishing shoppers - but heaven's forbid we insult a delicate snowflake.
In which part of the country?

DetroitRick

Post by DetroitRick » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:07 pm

For the moment, because of how bad it has gotten in our area, we're using 3 services for delivered groceries instead of going to the grocery store:
Oberweis (midwest only, mostly dairy-related products)
Schwan's (online grocer, both prepared and regular grocery items)
Amazon and Amazon Pantry (everything else)

Our first Schwan's order is coming the 14th, but it looks promising in terms of product selection and price. The other two sources have performed pretty well over the past week. Our first Oberweis order was about a 60% fill rate, but reasonable given current conditions and it was the most important 60% of our order - so we were really happy.

At least for the two of us, this so far is working well enough that we will probably keep using these services permanently. Especially if supply rises to meet demand eventually, and if pricing stays competitive. I guess we will make that determination in a few months, but it works for now. Really, the only thing we are lacking by doing this is fresh fruits and vegetables. But not important to us right now given conditions, and we still have some supply left from March anyway.

investor4life

Post by investor4life » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:11 pm

DW and I go Saturdays right before the local grocery store opens (7 am). The store is pretty empty at that time and also well-stocked. In and out in 15 minutes.

MN-Investor

Post by MN-Investor » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:17 pm

I prefer to shop at one of the upscale Twin Cities grocery stores (Lund's) which doesn't get as crowded as the major chain grocery stores, so I can avoid a lot of people by shopping in off hours. Since it's only me, that works out fine. Every couple of weeks I can go to Target or Costco, also during their off hours.

I'll check Google Maps before I go to a store. For places like Target or Costco, when you put that as a destination you can see more information about the destination including how busy it is compared to normal.
The key to success - Save early, save often, invest well.

JAZZISCOOL

Post by JAZZISCOOL » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:11 pm

I am using Amazon Fresh delivery again this week for the second time after a good experience last week. I did have a more difficult time getting a time slot but kept trying and was successful after a couple hours. No bananas again but can live with that. :|

Cruz

Post by Cruz » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:18 pm

Tim_in_GA wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:45 am
Fortunately my wife was ahead of the game and stocked up on 2 months+ of everything during the last week of February. We went to the supermarket two weeks ago for some wine but have not been back since. We get a large box of fruit & veggies every week from Misfits Market, as we have been since last year. I think we are good until late May or June. Also getting the garden prepped over the next week (seedlings already growing in the basement under grow lights).
How do you like Misfits Market? Is the food generally good quality and fresh, seems like a decent value.

WJW

Post by WJW » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:25 pm

We use Amazon/Whole Foods delivery, Thrive, farm stands and small natural food markets in person if necessary.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:03 pm

I'm going to the grocery store (ShopRite). If ShopRite doesn't have what I need, I'll go to Giant (only when necessary).
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

ddurrett896

Post by ddurrett896 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:16 pm

Grocery store. No mask or gloves.

Left hand pulls cart, grabs items and scans them.
Right hand for credit card swipe and car keys.

Load car and hand sanitize left hand before driving.

erictiger12

Post by erictiger12 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:06 pm

I have had good experience with Walmart pick up. Only 5% of the items are not available when I pick up my groceries. Not sure about mark up. But some items at Costco via Instacart have 20% mark up.

MP123

Post by MP123 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:16 pm

ddurrett896 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:16 pm
Grocery store. No mask or gloves.

Left hand pulls cart, grabs items and scans them.
Right hand for credit card swipe and car keys.

Load car and hand sanitize left hand before driving.
Breathing through nose, or mouth, or holding breath? :D

Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:25 pm

I'm still sticking with curbside pickup service, since I have a high-risk individual in the household. After the initial surge of people using it, the popularity has died down dramatically. There's no need to reserve a week in advance anymore. I could log in this evening and still find pickup time slots for tomorrow morning.

Substitutions are still occurring, but I just view it as a mystery box sort of thing and I'm fine with it. Produce selections seem okay, but that particular store has never had much in the way of bad produce to begin with. The meat shortage that was happening in early May seems to have been resolved, so I've been able to go back to getting a pickup every other week.

I am still considering the personal shopper service I saw recommended a few weeks ago. There are some items were I am not picky and that's hard to express in the grocery store's website. It's easy enough to mark something as "no substitutes" when I know the alternative will trigger a health concern, but much more difficult to say "I'd prefer 2lb of butcher block boneless chicken breasts, but I'll take any chicken that's in stock". That would also give me a way to tip the shopper that actually pulled my items from the shelves, which I can't do with the grocery store's website.

JAZZISCOOL

Post by JAZZISCOOL » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:28 pm

I've been using Kroger curbside pickup which has been working well overall. I've also used Amazon Fresh several times (delivery). That worked well also. I will probably venture out more to the stores soon as the infection rates continue to slow here in my area.

That said, there have been reports of some retail stores where many customers/clerks are not wearing masks so I will be selective.

There have been several grocery stores, fast food places, and auto part stores in the area that have had "outbreaks" in recent weeks so the virus is still active as reported by the state health dept. In fact, 2 deaths were reported at one grocery store recently. It is not only nursing homes and meat packing plants wrt outbreaks. :(

ohboy!

Post by ohboy! » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:09 am

Doing Vons parking lot pickup mostly. A few AMZN fresh orders. Today ventured to Walmart parking lot pickup. Pretty good! I’ve only been inside the grocery twice so far, both Trader Jos. Next stop will probably be Costco. Maybe Aldi. I feel comfortable going in the store at open mid-week. Luckily in CA everyone has to wear a mask.

ohboy!

Post by ohboy! » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:11 am

Sandtrap wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:24 pm
mediahound wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:49 pm
Notice more than a few strange looks, some hostile it seemed. . or fear?, since I had a N95 mask and latex gloves on. Only a few others had masks as well. Why nobody else is using these things is curious to me. Don't know why they are not being cautious.
In certain parts of Asia, everyone is now REQUIRED to wear a mask when going out. This eliminates any stigma since everyone has one on.
Perhaps it is only a matter of time before everyone realizes that is in "their own best interest" to protect themselves. Those that are stubborn or otherwise can be left to their own consequences.

j :happy
Wearing a mask is more about protecting others than it is yourself.

reason-logic

Post by reason-logic » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:11 am

Wife immunocompromised. All deliveries. Use Instacart, works well.

Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:50 am

ohboy! wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:09 am
Luckily in CA everyone has to wear a mask.
FYI, while there are some CA-level guidelines for masks in specific business sectors, general requirements to wear masks in public are primarily a county-level and city-level decision. Some chains also have it as a business-rule, along the lines of the old "no shirt, no shoes, no business" signs, but enforcement varies by individual store. This probably doesn't matter to you personally, since it sounds like you live in a part of CA where masks are required, but just know that it's not a set statewide standard.

ruhigste

Post by ruhigste » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:11 am

agbp wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:06 am
Curbside pickup for now. We haven’t been in a store for nearly 2 weeks.
+1

Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:19 am

I go to Grocery store at times when least busy. Use a mask. No gloves. Store sanitizes carts - can see it done. Wipe packaging down at home. Seems to work - not sick. Go once a week.

Been hard last week with disturbances since I live in first ring suburb of MPLS.

TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:38 am

I had been making careful forays into stores, but have decided that it’s just not worth it. As this continues, I think people, especially younger people, working at stores get lackadaisical about following guidelines.

I have all groceries delivered to my house now. Other than some strange shortages (WF has no pasta sauce while Wegmans has plenty, Grapefruit La Croix is more dear than gold but Lime is plentiful, etc), we are good.
Okay, I get it; I won't be political or controversial. The Earth is flat.

Chuck107

Post by Chuck107 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:49 am

We started curbside when this virus thing broke out. Never did it before, I really like it and will likely continue when the threat goes away.

Wally World, only complaint I have with their curbside is not everything in the store is available, strange really, I can get bags of topsoil, engine oil, 40 lb bags of sunflower seed. But I can't get certain food items, frozen cheese cake factory does not even show up to put on the list, as well as classico sauces, mission corn tortillias as well as other items.
I called the store and they walked out and counted a product on the shelf for me, they had 14 on the shelf... but there was no listing to even order it for curbside.

Kroger however has everything in the store available for curbside, we find ourselves going there most of the time now.

burt

Post by burt » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:01 am

ruhigste wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:11 am
agbp wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:06 am
Curbside pickup for now. We haven’t been in a store for nearly 2 weeks.
+1
+1
We haven't been inside a grocery store in 8 weeks. We're making due with curbside.
We've been in lockdown for 8 weeks, and it doesn't make sense to risk getting sick now.

beyou

Post by beyou » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:08 am

Two prong approach.

amazon auto delivery of non perishable essentials

grocery store for perishables that i prefer to get as-needed, and pick out fresh veggies and fruit myself

Note exposure is a function of distance and time.
To increase distance, go at odd times, senior hour if you qualify. To reduce time, the reduction in shopping to perishables makes the tasks quick. Just go to produce, dairy and frozen foods, and done in half the time.

rkhusky

Post by rkhusky » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:12 am

Been going to the grocery store a couple times a week since the beginning - it's never crowded. Only wearing a mask now because the store wants people to and I like the store. Haven't worried about wiping products down. Used hand sanitizer afterwards, but will probably stop now that our county is only getting 1 new case per day on average over the last 4 weeks.

mouses

Post by mouses » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:26 am

Chuck107 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:49 am
We started curbside when this virus thing broke out. Never did it before, I really like it and will likely continue when the threat goes away.

Wally World, only complaint I have with their curbside is not everything in the store is available, strange really, I can get bags of topsoil, engine oil, 40 lb bags of sunflower seed. But I can't get certain food items, frozen cheese cake factory does not even show up to put on the list, as well as classico sauces, mission corn tortillias as well as other items.
I called the store and they walked out and counted a product on the shelf for me, they had 14 on the shelf... but there was no listing to even order it for curbside.
Peapod/Stop & Shop is weird about in stock also. Odd things it's hard to believe there is hoarding demand for go out of stock.

I buy no produce except apples, which I figure I can clean well. There's a business near me where a substantial number of employees have covid, work in close quarters, etc. The company packages produce for many New England stores. It will be a long time before I buy fresh produce again. Meanwhile I am growing veggies in my garden.