Airline Miles for Magazines--Double Issues?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
DTalos

Airline Miles for Magazines--Double Issues?

Post by DTalos » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:17 pm

Yes, I know that redeeming airline miles for magazines isn't the best use of miles. However, the number of miles in my account coupled with the fact that I know longer fly that airline has left me with "orphan" miles that have little use.

I am currently subscribed to a magazine obtained via Coke Rewards redemptions. I am interested in extending that subscription by redeeming airline miles for that magazine. The names and mailing addresses on the two accounts (Coke Rewards and airline miles) are identical since they are both mine. The only difference is the email address are different since I have two email addresses. If I redeem airline miles for a magazine, will I receive two issues going forward or will my subscription be automatically extended?

Jack FFR1846

Re: Airline Miles for Magazines--Double Issues?

Post by Jack FFR1846 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:35 pm

You'll likely receive 2 magazines. I've had that happen with back to back years of airline mile redemption (I fly once a year on business) and had doubles come.
Bogle: Smart Beta is stupid

runner3081

Post by runner3081 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:37 pm

Been there, done that. It is always separate magazine in my experience.

Topic Author
DTalos

Post by DTalos » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:40 pm

If I receive two issues and the call and ask to combine them to extend subscription, how likely is it the magazine company will combine/merge to extend?

Watty

Post by Watty » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:11 pm

DTalos wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:40 pm
If I receive two issues and the call and ask to combine them to extend subscription, how likely is it the magazine company will combine/merge to extend?
I have done that and they even gave me credit for the duplicate issues I got.