What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Bob Sacamano
Posts: 397
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:54 pm

What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Bob Sacamano » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:15 am

i have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket. thinking of upgrading my old Paperwhite to the new version. they'll give me $25 credit and 20% off.

what else is out there?

User avatar
JoeRetire
Posts: 4757
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:44 pm

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by JoeRetire » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:42 am

What else is out there on Amazon? Pretty much everything!

Think of the gift card as money. It shouldn't burn a hole in your pocket and force you to rush into an unnecessary purchase. Wait until you need something, then use it.
Very Stable Genius

HomeStretch
Posts: 3648
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:06 pm

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by HomeStretch » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:47 am

Power washer to clean exterior bluestone patios and house exterior/trim.

Dottie57
Posts: 7768
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 5:43 pm
Location: Earth Northern Hemisphere

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Dottie57 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:55 am

Class D stereo amplifier allows me to listen to nice little klipsch speakers. Runs very cool and is very small. Under 100bucks

Griffeycom
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 5:54 am

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Griffeycom » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:26 am

Browse wirecutter categories for things you use frequently or that might make your life better. Have used them for several kitchen items (been getting into cooking) and so far have been very happy with recommendations.

Nowizard
Posts: 2505
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:33 pm

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Nowizard » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:35 am

Amazon Prime and the free shipping for gifts to grandchildren and other family members.

Tim

User avatar
snackdog
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:57 am

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by snackdog » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:46 am

Depends on what you like.

User avatar
watchnerd
Posts: 3122
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:18 am
Location: Seattle, WA, USA

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by watchnerd » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:48 am

Toilet paper.
70% Global Market Weight Equities | 15% Long Treasuries 15% short TIPS & cash || RSU + ESPP

User avatar
tennisplyr
Posts: 2421
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:53 pm
Location: Sarasota, FL

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by tennisplyr » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:52 am

Pickleball racket.
Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out.

User avatar
Sandtrap
Posts: 8931
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:32 pm
Location: Hawaii No Ka Oi , N. Arizona

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Sandtrap » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:48 am

The best thing I've bought on Amazon.com for <$150 or . . . .
Yesterday. . . ?
The day before. . . ?
The day before. . . . . ?
Last week. . . ?

I think the list is longer than the Dead Sea Scrolls when they were new. . . . :shock:

Actionably: A couple of those wireless bluetooth high quality speakers that play music from my IPhone. Used daily.
Anker? Not sure of the brand.

j :happy
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know

Mr. Rumples
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:16 am

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Mr. Rumples » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:04 am

I normally don't buy anything on Amazon, but it was the only place I could get this saw which really does saw faster than a typical saw:

https://www.amazon.com/Tools-Universal- ... B00475ARH0

Its not 3 times as fast as Irwin has advertised, but certainly it is twice as fast. As the description says, the trick is how it gets rid of the waste.

Caduceus
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:47 am

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Caduceus » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:08 am

Maybe an external hard drive? It's the sort of thing that you're almost certainly going to need/use so it won't be a waste of money.

User avatar
lthenderson
Posts: 4508
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:43 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by lthenderson » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:20 am

My answer was going to be a gift card for that amount of money until there is something I really need.

quantAndHold
Posts: 3863
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:39 pm

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by quantAndHold » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:27 am

We have averaged 2 Amazon orders per week for the past 7 years, usually with multiple items in the order. You’ll have to narrow things down a bit.

I second the idea of looking at wirecutter, though. Every time I’ve bought something I found on wirecutter, I’ve been very pleased with myself for finding it. The ratcheting screwdriver was extra nice, btw. I use it all the time.

jrbdmb
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:27 pm

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by jrbdmb » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:27 am

Any number of things that can be ordered with Subscribe and Save (pet food, paper towels, etc.).

csm
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:52 am

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by csm » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:38 am

The best thing I've bought in the last many months was a $9 shower drain hair catcher. It's this long piece of plastic with teeth-like things on it that you shove really far down the bathtub drain, twist, pull up, and voila!

I have been trying to unclog this drain for years, using chemicals, baking soda, vinegar, boiling water, digging in with an old toothbrush, etc. I bought this item (it was actually $9 for four of the plastic hair removers, 10 chain-hook strainers to keep in the drain at all times) and within 30 seconds I had pulled out enough hair to make a wig and my drain now clears instantly when showering, not even the smallest amount of pooled water or slow draining.

Sounds silly, and my husband thought I was nuts, but I was so excited and it was truly one of the best purchases I've made.

Magruder
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:30 am
Location: White Mtns of NH

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Magruder » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:40 am

Electric leaf blower for smaller tasks and blow drying my cars after hand washing!

DesertDiva
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:49 pm
Location: In the desert

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by DesertDiva » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:09 pm

The Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning

Topic Author
Bob Sacamano
Posts: 397
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:54 pm

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Bob Sacamano » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:58 pm

csm wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:38 am
The best thing I've bought in the last many months was a $9 shower drain hair catcher. It's this long piece of plastic with teeth-like things on it that you shove really far down the bathtub drain, twist, pull up, and voila!

I have been trying to unclog this drain for years, using chemicals, baking soda, vinegar, boiling water, digging in with an old toothbrush, etc. I bought this item (it was actually $9 for four of the plastic hair removers, 10 chain-hook strainers to keep in the drain at all times) and within 30 seconds I had pulled out enough hair to make a wig and my drain now clears instantly when showering, not even the smallest amount of pooled water or slow draining.

Sounds silly, and my husband thought I was nuts, but I was so excited and it was truly one of the best purchases I've made.
i just bought one of those too; called the Drain Weasel at Home Depot. thing works amazingly well.

jdb
Posts: 1626
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by jdb » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:07 pm

Huckleberry jam from Kalispell, Montana. Great with homemade cornbread, recipe on this site. And of course books. Good luck.
Last edited by jdb on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stoptothink
Posts: 6986
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:53 am

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by stoptothink » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:11 pm

JoeRetire wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:42 am
What else is out there on Amazon? Pretty much everything!

Think of the gift card as money. It shouldn't burn a hole in your pocket and force you to rush into an unnecessary purchase. Wait until you need something, then use it.
+1. I've had $200 in GCs sitting in my Amazon account since last summer. So far I've ordered a 12-pack of furnace air filters and a walking boot for my wife who tore ligaments in her ankle. Not sure why you would look at it any differently than that credit card sitting in your wallet.

ARoseByAnyOtherName
Posts: 614
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:03 am

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by ARoseByAnyOtherName » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:46 pm

JoeRetire wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:42 am
What else is out there on Amazon? Pretty much everything!

Think of the gift card as money. It shouldn't burn a hole in your pocket and force you to rush into an unnecessary purchase. Wait until you need something, then use it.
Yeah this is basically asking “what’s the best thing you’ve bought for $150.” You can’t find everything on Amazon... but you can find close to everything.

Actionable, best thing I bought recently was some winter boots.

Dottie57
Posts: 7768
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 5:43 pm
Location: Earth Northern Hemisphere

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Dottie57 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:47 pm

Bob Sacamano wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:58 pm
csm wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:38 am
The best thing I've bought in the last many months was a $9 shower drain hair catcher. It's this long piece of plastic with teeth-like things on it that you shove really far down the bathtub drain, twist, pull up, and voila!

I have been trying to unclog this drain for years, using chemicals, baking soda, vinegar, boiling water, digging in with an old toothbrush, etc. I bought this item (it was actually $9 for four of the plastic hair removers, 10 chain-hook strainers to keep in the drain at all times) and within 30 seconds I had pulled out enough hair to make a wig and my drain now clears instantly when showering, not even the smallest amount of pooled water or slow draining.

Sounds silly, and my husband thought I was nuts, but I was so excited and it was truly one of the best purchases I've made.
i just bought one of those too; called the Drain Weasel at Home Depot. thing works amazingly well.
+1

User avatar
Petrocelli
Posts: 2812
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:29 pm
Location: Fenway Park, between 2nd and 3rd base

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Petrocelli » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:48 pm

A mangroomer to shave my back.
Petrocelli (not the real Rico, but just a fan)

User avatar
arcticpineapplecorp.
Posts: 4682
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:22 pm

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:52 pm

DesertDiva wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:09 pm
The Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning
even better...buy it using amazon smile (www.smile.amazon.com) and set John C Bogle Center for Financial Literacy as your supporting nonprofit.
"May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live" -- Irish Blessing | "Invest we must" -- Jack Bogle

Topic Author
Bob Sacamano
Posts: 397
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:54 pm

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Bob Sacamano » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:35 am

Petrocelli wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:48 pm
A mangroomer to shave my back.
those work?

Theseus
Posts: 675
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:40 am

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Theseus » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:38 am

Silicon sleeves for AirPods that keeps AirPods in my ears. They were $8.99 for 3 pairs. My ear canal doesn't hold AirPods but these sleeves solved the problem for me. One of the best things I bought on Amazon.

User avatar
Petrocelli
Posts: 2812
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:29 pm
Location: Fenway Park, between 2nd and 3rd base

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Petrocelli » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:49 am

Bob Sacamano wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:35 am
Petrocelli wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:48 pm
A mangroomer to shave my back.
those work?
Actually, yes.

Maybe I should start a thread on the best way to shave your back for $150.
Petrocelli (not the real Rico, but just a fan)

Stevedore
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Stevedore » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:44 am

I recently bought an HP-12C financial calculator, which I’ve wanted for a while, for no particular reason.

Arriving today from Amazon will be a new pooper scooper, which undoubtedly will get more use than the HP calculator.

quantAndHold
Posts: 3863
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:39 pm

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by quantAndHold » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:50 am

Red wigglers. For $150, you could get 6000 of them, although we found that 2000 was plenty.

MrBeaver
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by MrBeaver » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:52 am

This is easy. My oat roller, hands down. Buy oat groats (non-rolled) in bulk, and make your own oatmeal. Only takes 30 seconds more in the morning, and tastes 1000% better. Since getting this, I get up earlier, enjoy my mornings, and eat better throughout the day because of the good start of fiber in my breakfast.

https://www.amazon.com/All-Steel-Marga- ... 01N7QXV5A/

macheta
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:06 am

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by macheta » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:57 am

Tile pro for about thirty. Never lose my keys or phone again. I also have one in my call in case I can’t find my car in a parking lot. Also can use it if my car gets stolen.

stoptothink
Posts: 6986
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:53 am

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by stoptothink » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:00 pm

MrBeaver wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:52 am
This is easy. My oat roller, hands down. Buy oat groats (non-rolled) in bulk, and make your own oatmeal. Only takes 30 seconds more in the morning, and tastes 1000% better. Since getting this, I get up earlier, enjoy my mornings, and eat better throughout the day because of the good start of fiber in my breakfast.

https://www.amazon.com/All-Steel-Marga- ... 01N7QXV5A/
Why would you roll your groats? Groats are so much better tasting than rolled oats.

User avatar
Sandtrap
Posts: 8931
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:32 pm
Location: Hawaii No Ka Oi , N. Arizona

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Sandtrap » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:12 pm

stoptothink wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:00 pm
MrBeaver wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:52 am
This is easy. My oat roller, hands down. Buy oat groats (non-rolled) in bulk, and make your own oatmeal. Only takes 30 seconds more in the morning, and tastes 1000% better. Since getting this, I get up earlier, enjoy my mornings, and eat better throughout the day because of the good start of fiber in my breakfast.

https://www.amazon.com/All-Steel-Marga- ... 01N7QXV5A/
Why would you roll your groats? Groats are so much better tasting than rolled oats.
This is interesting.
I will look into groats vs oats for breakfast.
Thanks for posting this.
Is there a difference in Oat Groat types and brands?
Available on Amazon.com?

. . . . I will resist pondering on "youthfully sowing one's wild Groats" . . . . :oops:
j :happy
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know

Cycle
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 7:57 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Cycle » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:42 pm

Nokia 3310 phone. It features 15mb of memory, games (like snake), and a 2MP camera. Battery last a month between charges.
Never look back unless you are planning to go that way

MrBeaver
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by MrBeaver » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:47 pm

Sandtrap wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:12 pm
stoptothink wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:00 pm
MrBeaver wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:52 am
This is easy. My oat roller, hands down. Buy oat groats (non-rolled) in bulk, and make your own oatmeal. Only takes 30 seconds more in the morning, and tastes 1000% better. Since getting this, I get up earlier, enjoy my mornings, and eat better throughout the day because of the good start of fiber in my breakfast.

https://www.amazon.com/All-Steel-Marga- ... 01N7QXV5A/
Why would you roll your groats? Groats are so much better tasting than rolled oats.
This is interesting.
I will look into groats vs oats for breakfast.
Thanks for posting this.
Is there a difference in Oat Groat types and brands?
Available on Amazon.com?

. . . . I will resist pondering on "youthfully sowing one's wild Groats" . . . . :oops:
j :happy
I get them at Winco (West and some mid-west). Many healthy food stores that have a bulk food section will have groats as well. Amazon has them, but it looks to be about 2x the cost of getting them locally via the bulk bins or just buying a 25 pound bag from Winco.

I'm not aware of much difference in types or brands. One thing that's nice about the rollers is there are various thickness settings, so you can dial in your preferred texture of the cooked oatmeal.

khangaroo
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:11 am

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by khangaroo » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:14 pm

Amazon Echo (or Dot) + Phillips Hue Light Bulbs

The value of laying in bed and not having to get up to turn off the lights is immeasurable.

User avatar
Stinky
Posts: 3082
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:38 am
Location: Sweet Home Alabama

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Stinky » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:22 pm

Apple AirPods.

I love them!
It's a GREAT day to be alive - Travis Tritt

Luckywon
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:33 am

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Luckywon » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:24 pm

Cell phone holder for car that inserts into CD slot. In my car, positions the phone in the perfect place for visibility and access. Life changing!

supersharpie
Posts: 752
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by supersharpie » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:29 pm

A light therapy machine. Truly pulled a loved out of a very dark place last winter. It was an extreme case of SAD, to the point that hospitalization seemed to be on the horizon.

mhalley
Posts: 7861
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:02 am

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by mhalley » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:32 pm

It was more than $150, but I upgraded my paper white to an oasis. Love that thing. The extra inch doesn’t sound like much, but it makes a difference to my old eyes.

stoptothink
Posts: 6986
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:53 am

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by stoptothink » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:36 pm

MrBeaver wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:47 pm
Sandtrap wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:12 pm
stoptothink wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:00 pm
MrBeaver wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:52 am
This is easy. My oat roller, hands down. Buy oat groats (non-rolled) in bulk, and make your own oatmeal. Only takes 30 seconds more in the morning, and tastes 1000% better. Since getting this, I get up earlier, enjoy my mornings, and eat better throughout the day because of the good start of fiber in my breakfast.

https://www.amazon.com/All-Steel-Marga- ... 01N7QXV5A/
Why would you roll your groats? Groats are so much better tasting than rolled oats.
This is interesting.
I will look into groats vs oats for breakfast.
Thanks for posting this.
Is there a difference in Oat Groat types and brands?
Available on Amazon.com?

. . . . I will resist pondering on "youthfully sowing one's wild Groats" . . . . :oops:
j :happy
I get them at Winco (West and some mid-west). Many healthy food stores that have a bulk food section will have groats as well. Amazon has them, but it looks to be about 2x the cost of getting them locally via the bulk bins or just buying a 25 pound bag from Winco.

I'm not aware of much difference in types or brands. One thing that's nice about the rollers is there are various thickness settings, so you can dial in your preferred texture of the cooked oatmeal.
I get them at WinCo as well, $.61/lb. My kids would eat groats with chopped apple, natural PB, and a sprinkle of cinnamon for every single meal if they could.

User avatar
Doom&Gloom
Posts: 3162
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Doom&Gloom » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:42 pm

quantAndHold wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:50 am
Red wigglers. For $150, you could get 6000 of them, although we found that 2000 was plenty.
"Red wigglers. The Cadillac of worms!"

(WKRP in Cincinnati reference) This may be the only time I've run across "Red wigglers" other than that TV episode.

csm
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:52 am

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by csm » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:12 pm

Theseus wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:38 am
Silicon sleeves for AirPods that keeps AirPods in my ears. They were $8.99 for 3 pairs. My ear canal doesn't hold AirPods but these sleeves solved the problem for me. One of the best things I bought on Amazon.
I had no idea these existed. I don't have AirPods because I cannot keep them in my ears. Maybe I should give these a try. I can try them first on my husband's AirPods.

User avatar
Cubicle
Posts: 457
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:43 am

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Cubicle » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:44 am

Things that I would have needed anyways, but I get to avoid getting lost in a store buying them. I'll list a few things that were worth it.

Wider head for my stick vacuum. Cuts my vacuuming time in half.
Carabiner rings. I assemble only the keys I need when going out.
Wireless charger for my phone.
Non contact electrical tester.
Holiday gift cards for relatives.
Clip on sunglasses.
Tools for home/auto repair (my hobby).

quantAndHold
Posts: 3863
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:39 pm

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by quantAndHold » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:21 am

Doom&Gloom wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:42 pm
quantAndHold wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:50 am
Red wigglers. For $150, you could get 6000 of them, although we found that 2000 was plenty.
"Red wigglers. The Cadillac of worms!"

(WKRP in Cincinnati reference) This may be the only time I've run across "Red wigglers" other than that TV episode.
Argh. Now I have that jingle stuck in my head.

Worm poop makes great compost. Feed them your vegetative leftovers, and they do the rest.

Theseus
Posts: 675
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:40 am

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Theseus » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:15 am

Doom&Gloom wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:42 pm
quantAndHold wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:50 am
Red wigglers. For $150, you could get 6000 of them, although we found that 2000 was plenty.
"Red wigglers. The Cadillac of worms!"

(WKRP in Cincinnati reference) This may be the only time I've run across "Red wigglers" other than that TV episode.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019BREFE4/re ... p1Gw6cytLW

FI4LIFE
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:27 am

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by FI4LIFE » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:57 am

Doom&Gloom wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:42 pm
quantAndHold wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:50 am
Red wigglers. For $150, you could get 6000 of them, although we found that 2000 was plenty.
"Red wigglers. The Cadillac of worms!"

(WKRP in Cincinnati reference) This may be the only time I've run across "Red wigglers" other than that TV episode.
I'm glad you clarified what they are. I was afraid to Google that one.

User avatar
Doom&Gloom
Posts: 3162
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by Doom&Gloom » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:52 pm

quantAndHold wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:21 am
Doom&Gloom wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:42 pm
quantAndHold wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:50 am
Red wigglers. For $150, you could get 6000 of them, although we found that 2000 was plenty.
"Red wigglers. The Cadillac of worms!"

(WKRP in Cincinnati reference) This may be the only time I've run across "Red wigglers" other than that TV episode.
Argh. Now I have that jingle stuck in my head.

Worm poop makes great compost. Feed them your vegetative leftovers, and they do the rest.
I was simply returning the favor from your post. Now we both are plagued :happy

User avatar
yangtui
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: What's the best thing you've bought on Amazon for <$150?

Post by yangtui » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:00 pm

Kitchen Safe: Time Locking Container (Blue Lid + Clear Base) - 5.5" Height - AS SEEN ON SHARK TANK $59.90

I put my phone in this before I go to bed to stop myself from wasting time browsing the internet at night. It is set to unlock 30 minutes before my morning alarm goes off. Really has been a major game changer for me. Over the last four years or so I have developed a serious addiction. This device has broken it.

Post Reply