Anyone drive a 2019-2020 Infiniti QX-50?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
CULater

Anyone drive a 2019-2020 Infiniti QX-50?

Post by CULater » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:10 pm

Looks like a nice compact SUV with competitors such as the Acura RDX, Audi Q5, and BMW X3. I'd like to know what you think of it? Alex on Autos review suggests that the CVT is a little funky with it's simulated gear shifts and that the drive by wire electronic steering feels somewhat disconnected and hard to get used to. The other thing is the dual infotainment screen system which might be a overly complex.
On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

runner3081

Re: Anyone drive a 2019-2020 Infiniti QX-50?

Post by runner3081 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:28 pm

gunn_show

Re: Anyone drive a 2019-2020 Infiniti QX-50?

Post by gunn_show » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:21 pm

CULater wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:10 pm
Looks like a nice compact SUV with competitors such as the Acura RDX, Audi Q5, and BMW X3. I'd like to know what you think of it? Alex on Autos review suggests that the CVT is a little funky with it's simulated gear shifts and that the drive by wire electronic steering feels somewhat disconnected and hard to get used to. The other thing is the dual infotainment screen system which might be a overly complex.
Just had a QX60 as a rental, did not care for it. Did not like the infotainment setup, confusing with the different levels of buttons and widgets on the dash. Felt the rear view was narrow and hard to see, and the side mirrors were also small. Leather seating was nice and it was speedy in sport mode, otherwise a dog in normal or eco mode. I sent my wife a text of disappointment as we have seen the Infiniti QX adds infinitum during HGTV watching, so I was curious to drive one finally. We are also somewhat in the market for a new SUV.

Go test drive yourself, but I will stick with Q5/7 as my top choice, with X5 - Kia Telluride - Acura - Passport - etc. as additional considerations. We are looking to buy used so most of the big depreciation is taken on the higher priced Q models. I'd love the Telluride but you can only buy them new, and the market adjustment pricing is theft right now.
"The best life hack of all is to just put the work in and never give up." Bas Rutten