Physician going into video production! Overwhelmed...

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
A_C_E

Physician going into video production! Overwhelmed...

Post by A_C_E » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:05 am

Hello!
Two unrelated questions:
I. A ton of companies produce Question Banks out there... How do I cost efficiently produce a Q bank that allows the following functionality:
a. Lets user pick topic and number of questions.
b. Randomly picks questions in a random order.
c. Avoids repeating used questions unless for the purpose of #d.
d. Allows for adaptive learning.
e. For each question and overall, provides info about the percentile for user.
e. Anyone on the forum with the skill set to help with this: can you PST me?

II.
I am going to be producing course materials in a niche area for production on youtube and vimeo. 90% of the content would be screen cast. The videos would be produced in 1440p or 1080p.
I currently have a https://www.lg.com/us/laptops/lg-17Z990 ... lim-laptop and have ready access to a 2015 base 15 inch mac book pro.

The videos would be produced in 1440p or 1080p.

1. Would the LG laptop be a good one for this purpose.
2. Would final cut pro x on the new 16 inch mac be a good choice?
One major concern I have is that both 1080 p and 1440 p have aspect ratios of 16:9. The new mac however has a screen resolution of 3072 x 1920. If I were to use a third party screen casting software such as Camtasia, the option for 2k is available and it selects a part of the screen. How do I do this with final cut pro x? I could screencast with quicktime but afaik there are only two options: full screen or drag a part of the screen- But when I drag, it doesn’t show the aspect ratio- How do I ensure I am recording, editing and rendering everything at the same res? Does it even matter with final cut pro?
3. Can I use the 2015 15inch mac (https://support.apple.com/kb/sp719?locale=en_US) or should I upgrade to the new one?
4. Is final cut pro good in terms of efficacy or is it an overkill? If it saves me any effort at all, I’d be happy to use it.
5. Can I screencast 4k videos using the mac book pros non 4k screen? How would I do this?
6. Any other suggestions?
Thank you!