Another phone question - Google play store not connecting

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
tc101

Another phone question - Google play store not connecting

Post by tc101 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:50 am

On my android phone, when I try to search for an app, it just spins and spins and eventually says "No internet connection. Make sure Wi-Fi or cellular data is turned on, then try again" . But Wi-Fi is turned on and works just fine to connect me to the internet using the google chrome app.

If I set the Wi-Fi to "connection not allowed". The play store works just fine.

Also, I am having problems with my Uber App when I have a Wi-Fi connection, but it works fine when I set the Wi-Fi to "connection not allowed".

I have tried restarting the phone.

I have tried this with two different wi-fi connections and have the same problem.
. | The most important thing you should know about me is that I am not an expert.

bloom2708

Re: Another phone question - Google play store not connecting

Post by bloom2708 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:48 pm

Check your APN settings in Settings > Cellular (depends on phone). Compare to carrier settings.

APN controls data and text settings.

Also could pop out the SIM and re-install.
"People want confirmation, not advice" Unknown | "We are here to provoke thoughtfulness, not agree with you" Unknown | Four words. Whole food, plant based. Bing it.

Topic Author
tc101

Re: Another phone question - Google play store not connecting

Post by tc101 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:43 pm

I thought I had an unlocked phone, but there is no way to add a new APN, so I guess the phone isn't truly unlocked. Is that correct?
. | The most important thing you should know about me is that I am not an expert.