Deal finding websites

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Post Reply
Topic Author
28fe6
Posts: 461
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:01 am

Deal finding websites

Post by 28fe6 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:48 pm

I want to buy a stroller some time in the next 2 months. The price of strollers seems to be the same everywhere, so it doesn't seem worth shopping around. Are there websites that will monitor for price drops or discounts?

Note that I'm only interested in one particular stroller. So I don't need to learn about sales in general or help finding a deal. Just looking for discounts on a certain model.

shariq1989
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:36 am

Re: Deal finding websites

Post by shariq1989 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:50 pm

Slickdeals, Camelcamelcamel (for Amazon)

Topic Author
28fe6
Posts: 461
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:01 am

Re: Deal finding websites

Post by 28fe6 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:54 pm

Will those search continously and notify me of price drops? Black Friday and holiday sales are coming up.

Dregob
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:45 pm

Re: Deal finding websites

Post by Dregob » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:55 pm

Set up free account on slickdeals and set up a notification for stroller.

runner3081
Posts: 2584
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Deal finding websites

Post by runner3081 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:50 am

Also, Brad's Deals

https://www.bradsdeals.com

User avatar
RickBoglehead
Posts: 5044
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:10 am
Location: In a house

Re: Deal finding websites

Post by RickBoglehead » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:53 am

28fe6 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:54 pm
Will those search continously and notify me of price drops? Black Friday and holiday sales are coming up.
In reality, it is up to you to constantly check prices, unless deal sites track the exact item (brand and model) you want.

Some stores have price guarantees, for example Costco matches themselves within 30 days, but YOU have to go back to the store and see that the price dropped.

Camelcamelcamel works for Amazon.
Avid user of forums on variety of interests-financial, home brewing, F-150, PHEV, home repair, etc. Enjoy learning & passing on knowledge. It's PRINCIPAL, not PRINCIPLE. I ADVISE you to seek ADVICE.

anon_investor
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:43 pm

Re: Deal finding websites

Post by anon_investor » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:10 am

New models of strollers are released every year, I think in the fall. So right when the new models are released the old ones sometimes going on sale for a substantial discount. Some times the new models are identical just with different colors, sometimes there are substantial feature changes. This time of year you should be able to find a black friday or cyber monday deal.

Do you have a particular brand/model around?

Slickdeals.net is my go to site for deals. You can look at expired deals to get a sense of what you should be paying.

bob60014
Posts: 1243
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:59 pm
Location: The Land Beyond ORD

Re: Deal finding websites

Post by bob60014 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:28 am

Go to FB Marketplace and Goodwill. There are plenty of slightly used and very nice ones available, cheap too.

alerya
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:07 pm

Re: Deal finding websites

Post by alerya » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:37 am

In addition to what's already been mentioned, keep in mind that some sites, such as BuyBuyBaby and Graco, offer promotional codes/coupons for discounts like 20% off.

bluebolt
Posts: 999
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:01 am

Re: Deal finding websites

Post by bluebolt » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:08 pm

alerya wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:37 am
In addition to what's already been mentioned, keep in mind that some sites, such as BuyBuyBaby and Graco, offer promotional codes/coupons for discounts like 20% off.
Those often exclude strollers & car seats, specifically any of the premium brands.

Trader Joe
Posts: 1297
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:38 pm

Re: Deal finding websites

Post by Trader Joe » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:21 pm

28fe6 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:48 pm
I want to buy a stroller some time in the next 2 months. The price of strollers seems to be the same everywhere, so it doesn't seem worth shopping around. Are there websites that will monitor for price drops or discounts?

Note that I'm only interested in one particular stroller. So I don't need to learn about sales in general or help finding a deal. Just looking for discounts on a certain model.
No, not for strollers. I highly recommend that you buy what you need.

Post Reply