Which streaming tv subscription without logo image?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Post Reply
Topic Author
sil2017
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:25 am

Which streaming tv subscription without logo image?

Post by sil2017 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:01 pm

Thanks to all the experts from boglehead , I bought a 65 inch LG Oled C9 . It’s awesome!!!
I have Amazon Prime , Premium Netflix and the Mohu Leaf antennae (124 channels)
I cut the cable and have Hulu live tv. I plan on canceling the subscription because the stations I watch all have a logo image throughout the whole program. For example HGTV .
Is there any streaming tv subscription that would not leave the logo image on the tv?
I understand that Fox and CNN will have logo image the entire time you are watching the channels .
I am referring to other channels such as HGTV , Duscovery , animal planet.

I called Fubo tv and I was told that I needed a Roku player and that as soon as I switch the channel , I will see the logo but then it comes right off. Is that true?

PS . If I need a Roku , which one to buy for best streaming tv connection. No Ethernet but wireless connection

bloom2708
Posts: 6673
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:08 pm
Location: Fargo, ND

Re: Which streaming tv subscription without logo image?

Post by bloom2708 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:32 pm

The cable provider does not add the logo, the channel itself is showing the logo.

HGTV is going to have the logo on any package.

Have you tried to add the HGTV stand alone app and then authenticate/log in? I am guessing each show has the logo.

You are worried about image burn in? Don't the TVs have protection enabled to prevent that? I know direct sunlight can be bad for the OLED.

I do not think another cable package will solve your issue.
"We are not here to agree with you; we are here to provoke thoughtfulness." Unknown Boglehead

User avatar
TomatoTomahto
Posts: 9222
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:48 pm

Re: Which streaming tv subscription without logo image?

Post by TomatoTomahto » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:34 pm

Set the TV for anti-burnin. It will move the image a few pixels periodically. Has worked on my LG OLED.

PS. Glad you like the TV :sharebeer
Okay, I get it; I won't be political or controversial. The Earth is flat.

User avatar
Brianmcg321
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:23 am

Re: Which streaming tv subscription without logo image?

Post by Brianmcg321 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:40 pm

As far as I know all networks have that now. Having Roku or any other service won't make a difference.

Watching CNBC must drive you mad.
Rules to investing: | 1. Don't lose money. | 2. Don't forget rule number 1.

Topic Author
sil2017
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:25 am

Re: Which streaming tv subscription without logo image?

Post by sil2017 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:37 pm

TomatoTomahto wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:34 pm
Set the TV for anti-burnin. It will move the image a few pixels periodically. Has worked on my LG OLED.

PS. Glad you like the TV :sharebeer
How do you set the tv to anti-burn?

Topic Author
sil2017
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:25 am

Re: Which streaming tv subscription without logo image?

Post by sil2017 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:38 pm

Brianmcg321 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:40 pm
As far as I know all networks have that now. Having Roku or any other service won't make a difference.

Watching CNBC must drive you mad.
I don’t watch CNBC for news but used to watch Anthony Bourdain Parts unknown

User avatar
FelixTheCat
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:39 am

Re: Which streaming tv subscription without logo image?

Post by FelixTheCat » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:39 pm

I have YouTube TV. You get a free trial.
Felix is a wonderful, wonderful cat.

bloom2708
Posts: 6673
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:08 pm
Location: Fargo, ND

Re: Which streaming tv subscription without logo image?

Post by bloom2708 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:47 pm

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c9-oled/settings

"Other Settings" section has the information you want. Other good settings information as well.
"We are not here to agree with you; we are here to provoke thoughtfulness." Unknown Boglehead

User avatar
TomatoTomahto
Posts: 9222
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:48 pm

Re: Which streaming tv subscription without logo image?

Post by TomatoTomahto » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:56 pm

sil2017 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:37 pm
TomatoTomahto wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:34 pm
Set the TV for anti-burnin. It will move the image a few pixels periodically. Has worked on my LG OLED.

PS. Glad you like the TV :sharebeer
How do you set the tv to anti-burn?
It might vary by model, but I went to Picture/OLED Panel Settings (help erroneously says this is to correct or prevent panel noise)/Screen Shift and then turned that on. I also selected Logo Luminance Adjustment.
Okay, I get it; I won't be political or controversial. The Earth is flat.

bh7785
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:57 am

Re: Which streaming tv subscription without logo image?

Post by bh7785 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:23 pm

I've tried all the streaming services, and YoutubeTV wins easily, by a long shot.

bloom2708
Posts: 6673
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:08 pm
Location: Fargo, ND

Re: Which streaming tv subscription without logo image?

Post by bloom2708 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:01 pm

bh7785 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:23 pm
I've tried all the streaming services, and YoutubeTV wins easily, by a long shot.
Except it is only available is limited markets. (I just checked today and it is finally available in my zip. It must be getting "down market" more. I was wrong, I tried to do the free trial and it is not available in my zip code. The checker said it was. Hmmm.)

Sony PS Vue for 3.5+ years here. Very good package of channels, 5 streams and DVR/features.
"We are not here to agree with you; we are here to provoke thoughtfulness." Unknown Boglehead

Topic Author
sil2017
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:25 am

Re: Which streaming tv subscription without logo image?

Post by sil2017 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:17 pm

bloom2708 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:47 pm
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c9-oled/settings

"Other Settings" section has the information you want. Other good settings information as well.
Thank you for the link.
Very helpful

Topic Author
sil2017
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:25 am

Re: Which streaming tv subscription without logo image?

Post by sil2017 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:18 pm

TomatoTomahto wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:56 pm
sil2017 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:37 pm
TomatoTomahto wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:34 pm
Set the TV for anti-burnin. It will move the image a few pixels periodically. Has worked on my LG OLED.

PS. Glad you like the TV :sharebeer
How do you set the tv to anti-burn?
It might vary by model, but I went to Picture/OLED Panel Settings (help erroneously says this is to correct or prevent panel noise)/Screen Shift and then turned that on. I also selected Logo Luminance Adjustment.
Thank you .
Mine is already set to this .

Topic Author
sil2017
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:25 am

Re: Which streaming tv subscription without logo image?

Post by sil2017 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:20 pm

bh7785 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:23 pm
I've tried all the streaming services, and YoutubeTV wins easily, by a long shot.
Do I need to add a Roku player or do
I just download from the LG App Store.

How is this better than hulu live tv? I may try the free trial.

Clearer, faster WiFi connection?

bh7785
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:57 am

Re: Which streaming tv subscription without logo image?

Post by bh7785 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:40 am

sil2017 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:20 pm
bh7785 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:23 pm
I've tried all the streaming services, and YoutubeTV wins easily, by a long shot.
Do I need to add a Roku player or do
I just download from the LG App Store.

How is this better than hulu live tv? I may try the free trial.

Clearer, faster WiFi connection?
You just need something that can do the YouTube TV app, I'm not sure if smart tvs have that or not. I use an Apple TV, but a roku should work also. YouTube TV seems to have better quality for lower bandwidth, it always looks really good and never buffers - issues I've other with other live tv streaming services (DirectTV Now especially). The interface is very good, and the cloud DVR is the coup de grace. I watch a lot of sports, and when you DVR an event, it will ask you "Just this event", "All events for this team", "All events for this sport", etc. So really, you never have to be on the look out for stuff you're interested in, it just always records them, regardless of time or channel. And with unlimited space, you never have to concern yourself with it. It's awesome.

Post Reply