What's your Uber passenger rating?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Tortoisesque

What's your Uber passenger rating?

Post by Tortoisesque » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:56 am

(Note: To check your Uber passenger rating, open the app, tap the menu in the upper-left of the screen, and read the number just below your name.)

My rating is 4.86 after using Uber several times per month for four years now.

I don't think one's passenger rating really matters (as long as it's not really below average), but I'm just curious whether my rating is above or below average among the forum members here, so I'm taking an informal poll.

For reference: I've almost never made my driver wait, I try not to slam their door, I never eat or drink in their car, and if they seem talkative I'll engage in some pleasant conversation with them. Otherwise I don't talk much.

Yet apparently, 1 in 7 of my drivers are giving me 4 stars instead of 5. Could I be doing something wrong or irritating to the drivers that I'm not aware of? I don't think it can have anything to do with tipping, because Uber drivers can't see how much (or whether) you tipped until after they rate you.

bluquark

Re: What's your Uber passenger rating?

Post by bluquark » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:10 am

Mine is 4.72. My partner tells me I slam doors too hard, so that might be the main reason. Also, I suspect that drivers in different cities have different standards for what counts as a good or bad passenger, depending on average passenger behavior.

Momus

Post by Momus » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:52 am

If your rating is closer to 4, a lot of driver will not pick you up. There are normally major attitude/craziness issues with people rated close to 4. 4.5 and above is the golden rule.

ivk5

Post by ivk5 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:15 am

invest4

Post by invest4 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:16 am

Typical use is for business trips and holidays. I don’t have a strong sense what is driving my score one way or another. Ultimately, while there are some reference criteria to guide ratings, people are people...variation is expected.

jminv

Post by jminv » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:17 am

Tortoisesque wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:56 am
(Note: To check your Uber passenger rating, open the app, tap the menu in the upper-left of the screen, and read the number just below your name.)
Yet apparently, 1 in 7 of my drivers are giving me 4 stars instead of 5. Could I be doing something wrong or irritating to the drivers that I'm not aware of? I don't think it can have anything to do with tipping, because Uber drivers can't see how much (or whether) you tipped until after they rate you.
If they think you'll leave a score lower than 5, they also will. Or, as I've found to be the most likely, if they're a grumpy older person who is unhappy with their life. Also can occur if you had a short trip (low minimum fare) or a trip that ended up stuck in heavy traffic which sours their mood and reduces their earnings. It can really be a problem in some areas outside of the usa, especially where Uber X isn't available (ie where I am where all the drivers have to be 'professionals' so grumpy ex-taxi drivers who used to make more as taxi drivers and don't really like Uber).

I have a 4.6 but use it mostly in a country known for lower ratings than the usa. When I'm back in the states and use it, my score increases. It does bother me since I always wait until I'm at street level to request an uber so that I'm always right there when they arrive, I don't eat in the car, I don't slam the doors, I exit on the sidewalk facing side, etc. I don't normally take short trips but I do use it predominantly to go back and forth from the airport. Since the traffic can change rapidly independent of time of day (crashes, mostly so not predictable), the price is often just less than the fixed price a regular taxi can charge. When it turns into a standstill, the drivers can get irritated. They also don't like dealing with the luggage since it often requires them rearranging things in their trunks since it's two of us travelling for extended periods (people here tend to travel with small bags). I've noticed that the drivers most likely to give me lower scores are older, grumpy drivers who are presumably driving for uber because whatever else they were doing ended. They're just unhappy with their life in general and take it out on your rating.

kramer

Post by kramer » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:22 am

I am at 4.88. I have used Uber a lot in Mexico, also, probably about the same amount as in the US.

When I had fewer rides under my belt, and I was paying for a 30 mile ride from a downtown for two of my relatives and I, one of my relatives was somewhat drunk, and kept trying to get the driver to talk more when the driver clearly didn't want to. I could see that my rating went down a bit after that (and deservedly).

Momus

Post by Momus » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:36 am

You gonna get banned if your rating drop too low. This should have been implemented 3 yrs ago :sharebeer

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1011346

eucalyptus

Post by eucalyptus » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:55 am

After reading this, I'll stick to cabs. I never liked Uber's silly theory that it's not a cab company anyway. And I've no desire to have to worry about the driver's apparently delicate sensibilities. "Oh, no, did I close the door a little too hard?" "Did I make the right amount of conversation?"

I treat cab drivers with respect and try to tip generously. I understand that many rent their cabs at pretty high rates and work a lot. They're almost all great. And I don't have to worry about whether I've scrupulously observed Uber etiquette - or have to study online guides to Uber etiquette. It's just business, we're civil and respectful, we move on.

arf30

Post by arf30 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:05 am

4.62 - I only use it to go to places drivers hate like the airport or into the city.

wilked

Post by wilked » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:10 am

eucalyptus wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:55 am
After reading this, I'll stick to cabs. I never liked Uber's silly theory that it's not a cab company anyway. And I've no desire to have to worry about the driver's apparently delicate sensibilities. "Oh, no, did I close the door a little too hard?" "Did I make the right amount of conversation?"
Just an FYI, but the above is pure fiction. That doesn’t happen. You just need to be “not a jerk” and you’ll be fine.

Spewin

Post by Spewin » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:17 am

This thread makes me kind of sick. It reminds me very much of this (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nosedive_(Black_Mirror)) episode of Black Mirror.

Jack FFR1846

Post by Jack FFR1846 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:17 am

Where do I find my taxi rating? I don't Uber.
Bogle: Smart Beta is stupid

finfire

Post by finfire » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:33 am

who cares? Take my money or I'm happy to use another service.

dsmclone

Post by dsmclone » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:50 am

Kind of surprising considering that 50% of the time I'm using it, I'm drunk.

tomander

Post by tomander » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:57 am

Don't Care!

Carson

Post by Carson » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:01 am

Mine's a 5.0.

Half of my rides are me sending my parents to the airport from my account (he doesn't want to be bothered doing it on his smartphone and I enable him) and my dad tips them heartily with cash because he doesn't have to pay. :oops:
30-something personal finance enthusiast, just get getting started on this whole portfolio thing.

fposte

Post by fposte » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:10 am

wilked wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:10 am
eucalyptus wrote:
Just an FYI, but the above is pure fiction. That doesn’t happen. You just need to be “not a jerk” and you’ll be fine.
I had my rating tanked by a driver who was mad that I wouldn’t walk my luggage down to the street and expected him to pull into my driveway. I take Uber only a couple of times a year so the massive drop was immediately noticeable. It’s not as simple as “don’t be a jerk.”

Edit: it dropped from 4.9+ to 4.2 😡.
Last edited by fposte on Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jags4186

Post by Jags4186 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:11 am

I kind of feel like the rating is worthless. There are 5 stars and really the only two used are 4 or 5. I generally use only Uber to and from the airport and I’ll share a recent experience.

When coming back from Newark airport and wanting to get on the parkway traveling north, the Uber app tells the driver to get off in Irvington and cut through the streets. It probably saves .5 miles. It also takes you through an unsafe neighborhood that is full of traffic lights and takes maybe 10-20 minutes longer. I always tell the drivers to ignore the app and follow I-78 2 more exits to the parkway. Well this past time the driver insisted on following the apps directions and refused to deviate. I was really pissed because it took like an extra 20 minutes to get home and it was already a long day.

What am I supposed to do in this situation? I gave a 4 but really felt like giving a 1 star rating as I feel following the passenger’s directions is the most important part of being a driver. I personally wouldn’t use that driver again if he showed up but I know giving a 1 could affect his ability to work in the future and most people driving Uber are just trying to do what they can to get by.

Stinky

Post by Stinky » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:16 am

Where I live, taxi service is an abomination. Uber is a godsend.
It's a GREAT day to be alive - Travis Tritt

7eight9

Post by 7eight9 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:26 am

No rating. We tried to use Uber once on the way home from the airport. Went to the rideshare area in the garage, pulled up the app, and saw that it was a 45 minute estimated wait. Walked right back to the taxi line and were in a car in a couple of minutes. Never bothered to try them again.

What I think is funny is the "grade inflation" that is associated with the rating system. On a five point scale to me a 3 represents average. Kind of like a C in college once did. And there is nothing wrong with a C. As President George W. Bush noted in his commencement address at Yale University, "To those of you who received honors, awards, and distinctions, I say, well done. And to the C students I say, you, too, can be President of the United States."
Link to full text of commencement address --- https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/WCP ... g784-2.htm

For now I'm sticking with taxis.
I guess it all could be much worse. | They could be warming up my hearse.

FlyAF

Post by FlyAF » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:27 am

dsmclone wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:50 am

Kind of surprising considering that 50% of the time I'm using it, I'm drunk.
Same and I'm at 5.00. I only use Uber when drinking and I always tip really good because driving drunks around sucks.

NYC_Guy

Post by NYC_Guy » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:33 am

You often get a four if you don’t tip. Five if you do. If you need to use the app to tip, tell them before you get out of the car. Other than that, just be nice person and your rating will be fine.

And for those of you that will just use a taxi, I can usually get a new uber / lyft car to my place out of the city in under 5 min. Taxis there are old (like 25 years old) and take up to 30 min or more to arrive. And are way more expensive.

I use taxis where the taxi experience is better (faster, cheaper, etc). And I use uber and lyft when that experience is better. And your rating on uber (above 4.6 or so) helps avoid declines by the driver. Full disclosure, I average over two trips per day between taxis and uber / lyft. My annual spend is over $15,000 on those services, probably 2/3 of it work related (I own my own biz so it still costs me).

My Uber rating is 4.87.

jks1985

Post by jks1985 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:36 am

Surprised to see mine is on the low-side here on BH. I had this same conversation with a group of friends at dinner a few weeks ago and mine was on the high-end.

I remember my score was around 4.8 to 4.9 a couple of years back. Recently, I've been bringing a car seat and bringing my baby with me, which adds an extra hassle, so that might contribute to my recent drop.

Silence Dogood

Post by Silence Dogood » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:42 am

Jags4186 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:11 am
When coming back from Newark airport and wanting to get on the parkway traveling north, the Uber app tells the driver to get off in Irvington and cut through the streets. It probably saves .5 miles. It also takes you through an unsafe neighborhood that is full of traffic lights and takes maybe 10-20 minutes longer. I always tell the drivers to ignore the app and follow I-78 2 more exits to the parkway. Well this past time the driver insisted on following the apps directions and refused to deviate. I was really pissed because it took like an extra 20 minutes to get home and it was already a long day.

What am I supposed to do in this situation? I gave a 4 but really felt like giving a 1 star rating as I feel following the passenger’s directions is the most important part of being a driver. I personally wouldn’t use that driver again if he showed up but I know giving a 1 could affect his ability to work in the future and most people driving Uber are just trying to do what they can to get by.
I think the driver did the right thing. Can you imagine how annoying it must be to have people hounding you all day about their "better" way?

I'm sure your way is better, but the driver doesn't know that. Safer to stick with the app. You should complain to Uber about their choice of directions, not the driver. Following passenger's directions is definitely not the most important part of being a driver.

I remember I once carpooled to a work event with a co-worker. I was driving and using Google maps. My co-worker/friend requested that I take an alternative, "better" route. I obliged, curious if his way was better.

It ended up taking twice as long. :oops:

Silence Dogood

Post by Silence Dogood » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:48 am

I've only ever used Lyft, not Uber.

I don't use this service often, but when I have I've always been respectful to the driver and I have always left a tip.

Adam11

Post by Adam11 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:04 am

4.91 as a passenger.

4.98 as a driver.

Riders with a rating of 4.80 and above will have no trouble getting rides. Picky drivers will hesistate accepting passengers with ratings in the 4.7 range and below, especially when it’s busy/after midnite on the weekends when another ping will be right around the corner. (The rider’s rating and pick-up spot is the only info a driver has to go on before accepting a ride.) I rarely ever glance at a rider’s rating and accept every ride that comes to me because I get along pretty well with everyone. There are always those riders AND drivers that can never be pleased, so ratings should be taken with a grain of salt. In the end, your passenger rating really doesn’t matter because there are so many drivers nowadays competing for rides that you will get picked up (but maybe not as fast as a 4.8+ would). A bad ride/rider still pays out some cash, while a rejected ride/rider pays $0.

Jack FFR1846

Post by Jack FFR1846 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:18 am

NYC_Guy wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:33 am

And for those of you that will just use a taxi, I can usually get a new uber / lyft car to my place out of the city in under 5 min. Taxis there are old (like 25 years old) and take up to 30 min or more to arrive. And are way more expensive.

I use taxis where the taxi experience is better (faster, cheaper, etc). And I use uber and lyft when that experience is better. And your rating on uber (above 4.6 or so) helps avoid declines by the driver. Full disclosure, I average over two trips per day between taxis and uber / lyft. My annual spend is over $15,000 on those services, probably 2/3 of it work related (I own my own biz so it still costs me).

My Uber rating is 4.87.
My last Uber experience was not taking Uber. 8 of us were on the same flight for business training. Got out of the airport. 4 of us got in a taxi. The other 4 got an Uber and were out of the airport before us. We got to the hotel first. (Uber's app took the other guys some random short cut). Our cost was $40, including a generous tip. The other guys cost $60 without a tip.

I don't travel much, so this might be a 1 off. But I fail to see how Uber is better in any way.
Bogle: Smart Beta is stupid

vectorizer

Post by vectorizer » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:22 am

4.90, but I've only taken about 8 trips since first use in 2016.

vectorizer

Post by vectorizer » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:27 am

Jack FFR1846 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:18 am

My last Uber experience was not taking Uber. 8 of us were on the same flight for business training. Got out of the airport. 4 of us got in a taxi. The other 4 got an Uber and were out of the airport before us. We got to the hotel first. (Uber's app took the other guys some random short cut). Our cost was $40, including a generous tip. The other guys cost $60 without a tip.

I don't travel much, so this might be a 1 off. But I fail to see how Uber is better in any way.
From an airport I'd guess there wouldn't be an advantage for Uber. But where Uber shines IMHO is getting picked up quickly from random places in a city (not in the well-serviced city core), especially where official taxis are artificially limited. Or in the suburbs for longish trips where you get feedback about when to expect the driver to show up.

Post by alter » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:31 am

I have a 4.71 but now that I know I'm being rated, I'm going to start tipping less or not at all, and rating drivers a LOT lower if their car stinks, they use too strong of air freshener which 50% of them do, have weird plastic protectors layered over everything, and/or are listening to stupid music. If my rating ever gets low enough where the driver refuses, I would probably never know because there are about 50 ubers driving around within 5 minutes of me at any given time and I couldn't care less if any of them refuse. I wouldn't want a ride from a guy who is refusing based on ratings anyway.

MotoTrojan

Post by MotoTrojan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:15 am

4.83. I try to keep my feet from hitting the door when entering/exiting and make conversation when they are interested. I also sit up front often when traveling alone. I do often take very short rides from the airport to the office but always let them know “I’ll take care of you” and tip well.

miamivice

Post by miamivice » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:26 am

Not sure why it's low other than I don't tip and maybe that makes it lower.

Really, I don't care. I think it's annoying that a business that you are paying gets to rate you on how much they enjoy you as a customer. eBay used to allow this but then they stopped (sellers can only give buyers positive feedback). I suspect Uber will as well if they ever try to use this for anything.

For one, it is highly likely that some ethnic/races of the population will get lower reviews than others. If drivers start to shun people with lower reviews, those ethnic groups may not be served equally by Uber, which would be problematic to say the least. At that point, I'll bet the user ratings will disappear.

StandingRock

Post by StandingRock » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:29 am

I don't know and don't care. The last Uber driver I encountered was a coke head and none of the others were much better. Not interested in their opinion of me.

veindoc

Post by veindoc » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:30 am

4.93. I often call Uber for other people like my husband, nieces, and friend so not sure how much I am contributing to the ratings. I tip almost every ride even if I’m not riding. Maybe that’s why? In general service has been good and I am grateful to not have to pick anyone up.
Last edited by veindoc on Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

rjbraun

Post by rjbraun » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:47 am

Adam11 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:04 am
4.91 as a passenger.

4.98 as a driver.

Riders with a rating of 4.80 and above will have no trouble getting rides. Picky drivers will hesistate accepting passengers with ratings in the 4.7 range and below, especially when it’s busy/after midnite on the weekends when another ping will be right around the corner. (The rider’s rating and pick-up spot is the only info a driver has to go on before accepting a ride.) I rarely ever glance at a rider’s rating and accept every ride that comes to me because I get along pretty well with everyone. There are always those riders AND drivers that can never be pleased, so ratings should be taken with a grain of salt. In the end, your passenger rating really doesn’t matter because there are so many drivers nowadays competing for rides that you will get picked up (but maybe not as fast as a 4.8+ would). A bad ride/rider still pays out some cash, while a rejected ride/rider pays $0.
Okay, so as a driver my understanding is that you rate a customer / passenger prior to knowing whether you will receive a tip, and, if so, how much. In that case, unless they hand you cash or verbally say, "don't worry ... I will take care of you with a nice tip, etc." is your customer rating based solely on non-monetary factors? Or do you typically get cash or the verbal acknowledgement of a pending tip, which will influence your rating?

ETA: 4.81 as a passenger. Only sporadic use when visiting family in a different city. Typically, short trips though there has been the occasional lengthier ride.
Last edited by rjbraun on Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

jhfenton

Post by jhfenton » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:49 am

My rating is 5.0, but I only have 8 trips on Uber.

Topic Author
Tortoisesque

Post by Tortoisesque » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:59 am

One other thing I forgot to mention: Based on my own observation, most Uber drivers in my city seem to have ratings of 4.95+ based on thousands of rides.

Yet it looks like the average passenger rating (at least among Bogleheads) is nowhere near 4.95. Interesting.

mtmingus

Post by mtmingus » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:07 am

4.92. Mostly to and from airports.

FoolStreet

Post by FoolStreet » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:07 am

fposte wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:10 am
wilked wrote:
eucalyptus wrote:
I had my rating tanked by a driver who was mad that I wouldn’t walk my luggage down to the street and expected him to pull into my driveway. I take Uber only a couple of times a year so the massive drop was immediately noticeable. It’s not as simple as “don’t be a jerk.”

This happens to me. The driver will park in the wrong driveway and keep me waiting. Is it the driver's fault for not paying attention? I mean their phone has a gps. The address is in Uber. Or if it is not the driver's fault then it must be Uber's fault for having an app that doesn't work.

There are times u want to downvote Uber. Another example is when I'm at the airport and the driver has a tiny sedan and I have to waive them off because they can't fit my luggage. I don't want to be charged because they are trying to make a buck with a vehicle that doesn't fit. Or that Uber doesn't track suitcase space for airport trips. Bad Uber.

Thanks for letting me rant.

I'm sure my rating has dropped because I just don't care anymore. Where can I find my rating?

ohai

Post by ohai » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:07 am

Do Uber drivers really have time to go around rating all these passengers? I wonder which driver is saying, ok 5 stars, 5 stars...

On a related note, does anyone else get the impression that Uber service is deteriorating? In NY, at least, I detect a distinct trend of Uber cars being dirtier, drivers less friendly, and leaving windows open to not use air conditioning. I assume this is because of cost pressure and taxi drivers quitting to drive Ubers, bringing with them inferior customer service culture.

veindoc

Post by veindoc » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:09 am

I’ve seen a bit more variability with driver ratings from 4.8 onwards. Rarely have I seen any dip below that.

I have to say Uber driver quality has increased quite a bit over the last year with chargers available, Uber signs on their vehicle and even mints and water.

bungalow10

Post by bungalow10 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:11 am

4.92 as a passenger. I use Uber about four times/week on average.

Two things that I've had Uber drivers comment or, or that I've noticed they care about...

1. Luggage. I do a lot of airport to-and-fro and so many Uber drivers comment positively on the fact that I don't have luggage... they don't need to get out and open the trunk.

2. Kids. I've had several drivers comment negatively when I have my kids (there are three) with me. They are well behaved, but I think Uber drivers prefer a single passenger over an adult with children. They also don't seem to like when someone sits in the front.
An elephant for a dime is only a good deal if you need an elephant and have a dime.

GCD

Post by GCD » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:18 am

eucalyptus wrote:

I treat cab drivers with respect and try to tip generously. I understand that many rent their cabs at pretty high rates and work a lot. They're almost all great. And I don't have to worry about whether I've scrupulously observed Uber etiquette - or have to study online guides to Uber etiquette. It's just business, we're civil and respectful, we move on.
+10,000

I never liked Uber because they always lie to you about how soon the car will be there. In the meantime, while watching numerous cabs pass by, I wait while the arrival time keeps ticking away. If I cancel the ride after I accept it I get charged, so instead I have to wait 15+ minutes for a ride that supposedly was 4 minutes away. This happens literally every single time I get an Uber. It is always late by about 400%.

I don't use it enough to even know there was such a rating until this thread. I'm not a jerk to service class employees and actually overtip most of the time. Those tips will now go to cabs. I would say Uber is dead to me, but it actually has been for a long time. This is just another nail in the coffin.

z91

Post by z91 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:29 am

fposte wrote:
wilked wrote:
eucalyptus wrote:

Without knowing the details, I will just assume you weren't on the street ready to go?

I only call for an Uber once I'm ready to go, and when it shows the driver with 1-2 mins left on their way I always wait curbside. Sometimes I see Uber drivers waiting in a driveway for 5+ minutes (!) while the passenger slowly walks up..

I hate cabs, and vow to never use them since the day I got "long hauled." At least Uber gives me a general sense of how much to pay. For cabs in places like Vegas, they hardly ever ask which route to take (even though they are supposed to), and when they do, they tell you the short way is slower or has too much traffic and refuses to take the shorter route. If a cab driver pisses me off there isn't anything I can do. With Uber I can leave them a crap rating, which is why I've never had a truly bad Uber experience yet.

fposte

Post by fposte » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:37 am

z91 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:29 am
fposte wrote:

Without knowing the details, I will just assume you weren't on the street ready to go?
I was in the driveway ready to go. It's a standard short small-town driveway. He saw me in it. He also got a good tip despite his being surly about coming up the driveway. Judging by this thread, he may also have been annoyed that there was luggage (though it was a trip to the airport, so that shouldn't have been a surprise, and we're talking a single rollaboard).

Overall, it's been helpful to have Uber in my cab-poor town. But ratings are vulnerable if you don't use it very often.

fortfun

Post by fortfun » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:38 am

According to MMM, driving for Uber is a losing proposition. I'd have to agree. Recently traveled to Lima and an hour drive to the airport only cost $7 US dollars. I saw the price of gas and figured these guys must be losing money. We always gave the highest tip allowed by the Uber app but I don't see how these guys could make a living doing this. Really kind of felt sorry for them. No wonder they are giving people 4 star ratings...

https://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2017/11 ... er-driver/

batpot

Post by batpot » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:41 am

Haven't used uber in over 2 years, and even then, it was seldom.
3.75 :o

Much prefer Lyft, and they're generally cheaper, but still an infrequent user. I don't appear to have a Lyft rating.

eer_no_evil

Post by eer_no_evil » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:55 am

I'll blame that blip on a loud girl, post mimosas :oops:

Love and use uber regularly- but still wish there was an option to select a silent mode (not just for uberBlack) or even to pay more for silence- I hate the random small talk.

michaeljc70

Post by michaeljc70 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:55 am

4.7. I've had drivers in the wrong place that call me. They probably give me a lower rating because they think I am in the wrong place. I think the whole thing is kind of silly. If you break the rules, you should be reported and eventually banned. Other than that, this rating system seems pretty random and there is really no accountability (you don't know who rated you what or why).