What companies provide the best customer service

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Caduceus

Re: What companies provide the best customer service

Post by Caduceus » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:32 am

I've had really good interactions with Amazon. Anytime there is a problem they've taken care of me. And I'm a low spender. I think I spend maybe only $200-300 a year on Amazon.

tooluser

Post by tooluser » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:43 pm

I'm currently in a row with Eddie Bauer, though it looks like it will finally resolve in my favor. For some reason they promised me a reimbursement and then backpedaled several times until I threatened to take the matter to their CEO. All for a small amount of money that they promised in writing they would reimburse me for. And I've been ordering hundreds of dollars worth of clothing each year from them for years and years. I'm happy to never buy from them again if it doesn't work out.

Customer service is totally random. Going along great and all of a sudden no bueno for no detectable reason. Happens all the time.

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:11 pm

Chick-fil-A
Publix
Trader Joe's
Fidelity (although it is rare I have to contact them)
Delta Community Credit Union (formerly part of Delta Air Lines)
Had good service recovery from Bath and Body Works last week but I rarely shop there

ClevrChico

Post by ClevrChico » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:30 pm

American Express - Great customer service, excellent phone app.

Hilton - Always a pleasure to deal with when exhausted from travel.

Slice - Very helpful humans behind this pizza ordering app.

Alchemist

Post by Alchemist » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:20 pm

I agree with the other's who mentioned Amex, Disney, and Fidelity but have to add one more.

Apple

My in store experiences have been excellent and a notable example is when I ordered an Apple watch band that Fedex failed to deliver. I got a delivery notice in my email which was odd because I was home all day and the package was definitely not delivered. First called Fedex who said they would investigate and get back to me within 72 hours. Well five days went by with no response, so I called and they stated that their "investigation" was completed. They decided the package had been delivered because their driver said so and told me I was out of luck.

Called Apple (now one week after failed delivery). They immediately re-funded me the money within 5 minutes of being on the phone. Item was unfortunately out of stock so they were unable to send a new one.

Two weeks later.....neighbor who had been on vacation brings my package over to my house. Fedex had left it on their doorstep the next street over from my address. So I ended up with a free watch band (don't worry, was one of the cheap ones anyway :happy )

TLDR: Fedex never delivered my package but claimed they had. Apple, when notified of the incident, refunded me immediately while apologizing profusely despite them not being in anyway at fault.

SR II

Post by SR II » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:29 pm

Southwest Airlines. I've had them really step up and reroute me on an unpublished route to avoid a winter storm. Got home only a couple of hours late, rather than being stuck in Chicago for a couple of days.

Hat

Post by Hat » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:57 pm

American Express
Amica
Costco
L. L. Bean
Southwest

Kaladin333

Post by Kaladin333 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:00 am

Trader Joes
Costco
Glock

whodidntante

Post by whodidntante » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:25 am

The best customer service is when everything works OK and I don't have to call customer service. But I'll tell one that chaps my bum. It's when companies setup secure messaging to "customer service" and then completely disempower everyone who handles said messages. If all those people can do is tell me to call customer service, it's useless.