Where to sit @ Fenway Park?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
CouponJack

Where to sit @ Fenway Park?

Post by CouponJack » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:24 am

I recently saw a thread asking best place to sit at Wrigley....I'm asking the same since I'll be taking a trip to Boston and taking my teenage son to a Red Sox game on the 16th. This will be our 1st trip to Fenway.

Anyone have any recommendations where (or where not) to sit? my budget is less than $150 per ticket so I'm hoping I can get good seats since its a weekday game. I don't have to spend that much, would def consider spending alot less if the seats are good value.

Much appreciated for any responses to this...

thanks!

phil64

Re: Where to sit @ Fenway Park?

Post by phil64 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:06 am

Me too, would love to hear any recommendations. Also do they give the tour during the week?

bluebolt

Post by bluebolt » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:22 am

Right around third base, lower deck, but under the overhang of the upper deck. That gives you a good view and shelter from the sun/rain.

Slapshot

Post by Slapshot » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:16 pm

Fenway Park has many lousy seats. Make sure that you don't sit in the grandstand, or even the higher box seats, out towards right field. You'll have a great view of right and center field, but you'll have a tough time seeing the batter. Box seats between first and 3rd are good. Many obstructed views in upper grandstand, particularly behind 3rd base. Monster seats are great if you can get them, but you'll pay dearly. I always liked the bleachers on a nice night. Far away, but the whole field is in front of you.
This time, like all times, is the best of times if we but know what to do with it.

Bacchus01

Post by Bacchus01 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:19 pm

I've only been there once. Sat 4 rows behind home plate, directly in front of the players' wives/girlfriends. The seats were awesome. Listening to the group behind me who was not remotely interested in the game but far more interested in their clothes, instagram, selfies, whatever, was pretty annoying.

mak1277

Post by mak1277 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:42 pm

Field boxes, as close to the field and as close to home plate as you can get.

jodydavis

Post by jodydavis » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:22 pm

Slapshot wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:16 pm
Fenway Park has many lousy seats. Make sure that you don't sit in the grandstand, or even the higher box seats, out towards right field. You'll have a great view of right and center field, but you'll have a tough time seeing the batter.
I second this. Lots of seats next to right field look directly out towards center field. If you sit there, you'll get an aching neck, looking to your left to see what is happening at home plate.

dubsem

Post by dubsem » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:03 pm

bluebolt wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:22 am
Right around third base, lower deck, but under the overhang of the upper deck. That gives you a good view and shelter from the sun/rain.
I agree, except first or third base lines underneath the overhang. The tickets are still reasonably priced for their location.

One surprise to me was that the seats are pretty old and uncomfortable (hard), so be prepared for that.
G.O.O.D.

Thegame14

Post by Thegame14 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:08 pm

CouponJack wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:24 am
I recently saw a thread asking best place to sit at Wrigley....I'm asking the same since I'll be taking a trip to Boston and taking my teenage son to a Red Sox game on the 16th. This will be our 1st trip to Fenway.

Anyone have any recommendations where (or where not) to sit? my budget is less than $150 per ticket so I'm hoping I can get good seats since its a weekday game. I don't have to spend that much, would def consider spending alot less if the seats are good value.

Much appreciated for any responses to this...

thanks!
Most important part is make sure seats are "Unobstructed" views, Fenway has poles that you could be sitting behind and block a good portion of your view, also their seats don't all face the same direction, so you could be looking to your left of right the whole time. It is a very tiny odd stadium.

chw

Post by chw » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:26 pm

I would say anywhere on the 3rd base side (all seats extending to top of grandstand and to the outfield). The seats further away are generally angled to face the infield, whereas the same type of seats elsewhere are not. I think the best value seats are grandstand seats on the 3rd base side that are above the infield area and under the balcony (for protection from rain/sun).

I’ve sat all over the park including premium seats in the luxury boxes, and unequivocally think those grandstand seats are the best value value. If you want a superb experience, some of the premium seats include an on field pass during batting practice, which is pretty cool (I believe the cost is hundreds per ticket, but the experience will blow you away). If cost is no object, splurge for the infield seats that are no further than 10 rows from the infield between home plate and the dugouts(cost will vary by game). Fenway has the closest seats to the field, and these infield seats give you an up close experience.

Avoid any seat in right field as most are not angled to the infield, and if you attend a day game, you will bake in the sun which will be directly in your eyes as well. I would stay home rather than sit in those seats. Many of those seats have obstructed views, or you will be trying to see over patrons getting up to get hot dogs and beer.
Last edited by chw on Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mikemagz11

Post by mikemagz11 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:28 pm

I've sat in the outfield bleachers in both center field and right field and never had any issues seeing. The prices were always under $100 for Yankees/Sox

theplayer11

Post by theplayer11 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:31 pm

left field no alcohol sections are a good bargain if you don't drink during the game