Package delivery man damaged door

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
linenfort

Re: Package delivery man damaged door

Post by linenfort »

3-20Characters wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:20 pm
linenfort wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:45 pm
3-20Characters wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:39 pm If you have one of those packaging and mailboxes stores nearby, you can usually have packages delivered to them to hold for you at no charge.

Thank you! quick follow-up- can they handle very large items? Amazon cannot.
They are usually independently run businesses, so each may have its own policy. But they are generally affiliated/approved locations by the carriers that pick and deliver there, so I think they’d have a motivation (if not obligation) to accept all packages.
Great. Much appreciated!
TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek »

linenfort wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:45 pm
3-20Characters wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:39 pm If you have one of those packaging and mailboxes stores nearby, you can usually have packages delivered to them to hold for you at no charge.

Thank you! quick follow-up- can they handle very large items? Amazon cannot.
I sometimes have UPS packages rerouted to my local UPS store if the shipment would arrive when I am on vacation. I was surprised that an order from a furniture store (weighing 43 lbs) was apparently not eligible. It ended up on my front porch, fortunately a day late when we had just returned from our trip.

Contact Fedex via Twitter direct message and explain the problem. They will likely have the local station manager contact you. (We have had lots of problems with Fedex... packages delivered to the wrong house or not at all...)
Topic Author
linenfort

Post by linenfort »

Thanks, TravelGeek. Aside: I only wish I had a front porch! I’d be installing that surveillance camera mentioned upthread. Might have to go for Ring one of these days.
bernoulli

Post by bernoulli »

You can certainly try. It would be helpful to have "before" and "after" pictures of the door. FedEx should have insurance for that sort of thing.
GerryL

Post by GerryL »

When I was living in the Boston area (30 years ago), the delivery person put a package between the door and screen door of my rental flat. Plenty of room to shut the screen door, but he did not make sure it clicked shut. That afternoon a wind storm ripped the screen door half off its hinges. I filed a complaint and they paid to fix/replace the screen door. I think it was probably UPS.
File the complaint and be realistic and clear about what the fix should be.
Misenplace

Post by Misenplace »

This thread has run its course and is locked (topic exhausted). See: Locked Topics

In addition, several posts in violation of forum policy had to be removed. If you perceive a post has violated policy, the quickest way to get a moderator's attention is to report the post. Do not respond in kind.
See rules#Moderation
Discussions should be conducted without fondness for dispute or desire for victory. - Benjamin Franklin

This is a moderated forum. We expect this forum to be a place where people can feel comfortable asking questions and where debates and discussions are conducted in civil tones. Discussions are about issues, not people. If you disagree with an idea, go ahead and marshal all your forces against it. But do not confuse ideas with the person posting them. At all times we must conduct ourselves in a respectful manner to other posters. Attacks on individuals, insults, name calling, trolling, baiting or other attempts to sow dissension are not acceptable. If you feel that someone has attacked you or otherwise violated the policies of this forum, do not respond in kind. Instead, please click the report button on the offending post. This is the quickest method to notify the site moderators.

Remember that you can edit your own posts even after submitting them, so comments made in anger or haste can be rephrased before the problem escalates or a moderator has to step in.