citi discontinuing citi price rewind

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
anoop

citi discontinuing citi price rewind

Post by anoop » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:45 pm

Went to the website today and got a pop up message that said
Effective September 22, 2019, Citi® Price Rewind will be discontinued and will no longer be provided for purchases made on or after that date.
What a bummer :(. I got a ton in rebates over the years. First, a year or so ago, they narrowed the program to exclude perishables or anything with an expiration date. Now they are discontinuing it altogether.

Is there any other card that offers such a perk?

kinless

Re: citi discontinuing citi price rewind

Post by kinless » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:40 am

Bummer indeed. I didn’t use it much but appreciated its availability.

This NerdWallet article was (untimely) updated a few days ago which lists all cards that still offer Price Protection, including Price Rewind.

EDIT: The article has now been updated to reflect Citi's impending doom of Price Rewind.
Last edited by kinless on Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carolinaman

Post by carolinaman » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:32 am

Does this apply to the Citi Costco credit card? I was able to get $200 from it last year when I found a lower price for a TV I purchased last year.

mmmodem

Post by mmmodem » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:37 am

No doubt it's a great a perk but I've never had to use it. I didn't sign up the card for this benefit and this benefit wouldn't have been a strong motivator for me to sign up for this card or the other. So at least for me, this was the right decision on Citi's part.

Now if they can somehow increase the percentage cash back... Now we're talking.

brajalle

Post by brajalle » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:32 am

mmmodem wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:37 am
No doubt it's a great a perk but I've never had to use it. I didn't sign up the card for this benefit and this benefit wouldn't have been a strong motivator for me to sign up for this card or the other. So at least for me, this was the right decision on Citi's part.

Interesting, I regularly maxed out it's value on several citi cards. That was worth more to me than some minor rewards. At least they're not getting rid of their extended warranty.

miamivice

Post by miamivice » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:21 am

This move, while 100% expected, is very sad.

Citi Price Rewind was an incredible feature of Citi cards. It allowed one to purchase a product locally at an expensive retailer and then submit a claim to drop the price down to the lowest online retailer. One time I bought a pair of boots for $85 from Amazon, and then found that Wal-Mart was selling the exact same boots for $42 less. Presto, Citi issued a $42 refund to my card.

We used (abused?) the program heavily. I have approximately 60 - 70 claims processed by them. Some of my favorites:

- A replacement dishwasher part was advertised for $210 with free shipping from retailer #1, and $140 plus $70 shipping from retailer #2. I bought from retailer #1 and submitted a claim for $70 with the advertisement of retailer #2. Presto.

- The boots described above

- Scholastic book sales. Wife bought a lot of books at a Scholastic book sale. Looked up online and saw most of the books were 1/2 price. Submitted a bunch of claims and received a lot of money back.

I knew the program wouldn't last forever because I was receiving a $1,000 in rebates each year via the program, exceeding the cash back refunds from the card. No benefit program this good can last very long. It was a good run, but farewell, Citi Price Rewind.

miamivice

Post by miamivice » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:22 am

mmmodem wrote:

This reply is a bit snarky. It was a great card benefit, and had you taken the time to use it, you would have saved a lot of money. We are on track for $1,000 in refunds this year with normal spending habits.

Whakamole

Post by Whakamole » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:30 am

miamivice wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:22 am
This reply is a bit snarky. It was a great card benefit, and had you taken the time to use it, you would have saved a lot of money. We are on track for $1,000 in refunds this year with normal spending habits.
I'm not sure I'd use the word normal.

The dishwasher part you mentioned, the actual cost to you would have been $210 regardless of where you bought it. Asking for a price match because one charged shipping and the other didn't - that seems to violate the spirit of the program, since you wouldn't have saved any money buying from the retailer charging the lower price.

Reminds me of how many companies are ending their lifetime return programs... and why.

miamivice

Post by miamivice » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:34 am

Whakamole wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:30 am
miamivice wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:22 am
I'm not sure I'd use the word normal.

The dishwasher part you mentioned, the actual cost to you would have been $210 regardless of where you bought it. Asking for a price match because one charged shipping and the other didn't - that seems to violate the spirit of the program, since you wouldn't have saved any money buying from the retailer charging the lower price.

Reminds me of how many companies are ending their lifetime return programs... and why.
The Citi Price Rewind program gave a specific criteria for what consitutes a lower price, and they specifically said that only the base price excluding shipping charges matters. They could have included shipping charges in the price comparison, but opted not to.

I think the real failing of the program is that they accepted a lower price at ANY retailer, both local and on-line. The fact that I could go to my local Kroger's and buy an item, and then submit a refund request because wesellemcheap.com sells the product for 1/2 price, makes the program too expensive to continue offering. They may have done much better if they honored only lower prices from the same merchant (which would also fix the shipping issue noted above.)

MichCPA

Post by MichCPA » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:40 am

Ouch, that got me $150 on a no fee card last year.

arf30

Post by arf30 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:55 am

Not too surprising as I think everyone knew this program was a bit too good to last. One of the last major differentiators of the double cash card vs other 2% cards.

anonenigma

Post by anonenigma » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:02 am

Too bad. I've received almost $150 in rebates since Costco switched from American Express. It encouraged me to buy things when I wanted/needed them rather than waiting for Amazon's price to drop. I'll still use the card (as before) for gasoline, travel, Costco purchases and purchases that would benefit from the two-year warranty extension, but I'm not sure I'll use it for books, dvds and other items that go up and down in price.

Added half an hour later:

Looks like worldwide car rental insurance and trip cancellation insurance, among other benefits, are also being eliminated. Will have to look at other cards to fill those gaps.
Last edited by anonenigma on Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

miamivice

Post by miamivice » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:17 am

Apparently, Citi is ending a lot of other benefits too. One website says the following will also be eliminated on September 22nd:

Worldwide Car Rental Insurance
Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection
Worldwide Travel Accident Insurance
Trip Delay Protection
Baggage Delay Protection
Lost Baggage Protection
Citi Price Rewind
90 Day Return Protection
Roadside Assistance Dispatch Service
Travel & Emergency Assistance

Topic Author
anoop

Post by anoop » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:53 am

miamivice wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:17 am
Apparently, Citi is ending a lot of other benefits too. One website says the following will also be eliminated on September 22nd:

Trip Delay Protection
Baggage Delay Protection
Lost Baggage Protection
Citi Price Rewind
90 Day Return Protection
Any chance you have a link?

Does this mean they’ll continue to provide rental car insurance in the US or will that be dropped?

Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:25 am

The info below concerns the Citi Costco card only! The info was on my Citi Costco card site!

What Changes:

Effective September 22, 2019, Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection and Citi® Price Rewind will be discontinued and will no longer be provided for purchases made on or after that date. Coverage for purchases made before that date will continue to be available, and you may continue to file for benefits in accordance with the current benefit terms.

What protection benefits remain:

You will continue to have Worldwide Car Rental Insurance, Roadside Assistance Dispatch Service, Travel & Emergency Assistance, Damage & Theft Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty on this account. You can view Your Guide to Protection Benefits on this site under "Quick Links". It contains complete coverage details, including coverage limits, what’s covered and what’s not covered. Coverage details for these remaining benefits are not being changed.

As a cardmember, you will also continue to receive a range of other card benefits including FICO® Credit Score, Citi® Identity Theft Solutions, and Citi Entertainment.

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go. " -Mark Twain

SuzBanyan

Post by SuzBanyan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:00 am

Broken Man 1999 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:25 am
The info below concerns the Citi Costco card only! The info was on my Citi Costco card site!

What Changes:

Effective September 22, 2019, Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection and Citi® Price Rewind will be discontinued and will no longer be provided for purchases made on or after that date. Coverage for purchases made before that date will continue to be available, and you may continue to file for benefits in accordance with the current benefit terms.

What protection benefits remain:

You will continue to have Worldwide Car Rental Insurance, Roadside Assistance Dispatch Service, Travel & Emergency Assistance, Damage & Theft Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty on this account. You can view Your Guide to Protection Benefits on this site under "Quick Links". It contains complete coverage details, including coverage limits, what’s covered and what’s not covered. Coverage details for these remaining benefits are not being changed.

As a cardmember, you will also continue to receive a range of other card benefits including FICO® Credit Score, Citi® Identity Theft Solutions, and Citi Entertainment.

Broken Man 1999
I have the Citi Prestige. Here is the info for that card:

“Effective September 22, 2019, Worldwide Car Rental Insurance, Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection, Worldwide Travel Accident Insurance, Trip Delay Protection, Baggage Delay Protection, Lost Baggage Protection, Medical Evacuation, Citi® Price Rewind, 90 Day Return Protection, and Missed Event Ticket Protection will be discontinued and will no longer be provided for purchases made on or after that date. Coverage for purchases made before that date will continue to be available, and you may continue to file for benefits in accordance with the current benefit terms. Roadside Assistance Dispatch Service and Travel & Emergency Assistance will be discontinued and will not be available on or after September 22, 2019.”

I wonder who Is making the decisions at Citi. I had a run-in with them yesterday because they have “upgraded” the material on my card from plastic to metal. Until the new card is shipped to me, I cannot use the card. Or as someone at Citi said to me, “I can use it but it will be declined.” Never heard of another issuer making you stop using your card while they send you one unless there is fraud on the account.

I think I will be taking advantage of the pro-rated annual fee refund when I cancel the card.
Last edited by SuzBanyan on Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuzBanyan

Post by SuzBanyan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:16 am

[duplicate]

Longdog

Post by Longdog » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:38 pm

brajalle wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:32 am
mmmodem wrote:

Interesting, I regularly maxed out it's value on several citi cards. That was worth more to me than some minor rewards. At least they're not getting rid of their extended warranty.
According to the message on my account, they are eliminating extended warranty too.
Steve

Jags4186

Post by Jags4186 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:46 pm

Some reasonable alternatives:

Fidelity Visa
PayPal Mastercard
Uber Visa
Capital One Venture (pretty easy to get the annual fee waived by calling and asking nicely)

MichCPA

Post by MichCPA » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:51 pm

I kind of understand why they axed all of these for my lowly Double Cash, but I don't understand why Citi would do this for premium cards like the prestige/premier. Really puts them behind the competition. Very few perks and most domestic redemptions of points have to be done at 1 cpp due to the available transfer partners.

My question would be where does this put Citi compared to other major CC systems? My list:

1a Chase
1b AMEX (depending on which airlines you use)
Huge gap
Next either B of A or Citi depending on whether you qualify for B of A preferred rewards.

MichCPA

Post by MichCPA » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:54 pm

Jags4186 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:46 pm

Fidelity Visa
PayPal Mastercard
Uber Visa
Capital One Venture (pretty easy to get the annual fee waived by calling and asking nicely)
These are all reasonable alternatives to the Citi Double Cash (my card), but they don't have a price rewind-like feature. For those with the Premier/Prestige this probably pushes people into the Chase/Amex relm.

Jags4186

Post by Jags4186 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:00 pm

MichCPA wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:54 pm
Jags4186 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:46 pm

Fidelity Visa
PayPal Mastercard
Uber Visa
These are all reasonable alternatives to the Citi Double Cash (my card), but they don't have a price rewind-like feature. For those with the Premier/Prestige this probably pushes people into the Chase/Amex relm.
Uber VISA has price protection.

MichCPA

Post by MichCPA » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:54 pm

Jags4186 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:00 pm

Uber VISA has price protection.
I missed that. Thank you for this information. Even though it is one of those call in systems, that has to make the Uber card a go to card for general shopping. The 2% online shopping keeps the rewards competitive with the Double Cash and Paypal card too.

Sorry for the earlier mistake.

BobTexas

Post by BobTexas » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:06 pm

miamivice wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:21 am
It allowed one to purchase a product locally at an expensive retailer and then submit a claim to drop the price down to the lowest online retailer.

We used (abused?) the program heavily. I have approximately 60 - 70 claims processed by them. Some of my favorites:

- A replacement dishwasher part was advertised for $210 with free shipping from retailer #1, and $140 plus $70 shipping from retailer #2. I bought from retailer #1 and submitted a claim for $70 with the advertisement of retailer #2. Presto.

- Scholastic book sales. Wife bought a lot of books at a Scholastic book sale. Looked up online and saw most of the books were 1/2 price. Submitted a bunch of claims and received a lot of money back.
Certainly seems to me that you’re abusing the card. Maybe you aren’t breaking the rules, but you’re taking advantage of it

Users like you are likely why they are canceling it

TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:17 pm

anoop wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:53 am
miamivice wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:17 am

Trip Delay Protection
Baggage Delay Protection
Lost Baggage Protection
Citi Price Rewind
90 Day Return Protection
Any chance you have a link?

Does this mean they’ll continue to provide rental car insurance in the US or will that be dropped?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-th ... 019-a.html

Not sure about car rental insurance. I have not used a Citi card for car rentals in ages since Chase started offering primary collision coverage on several cards. But it is a worrisome development. I have pretty much taken credit card coverage for granted (and never used it!) since the early 90s when I got an AT&T Visa card specifically for this feature (as I recall, it wasn’t universal back then).

miamivice

Post by miamivice » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:25 pm

BobTexas wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:06 pm
miamivice wrote:
It allowed one to purchase a product locally at an expensive retailer and then submit a claim to drop the price down to the lowest online retailer.

Certainly seems to me that you’re abusing the card. Maybe you aren’t breaking the rules, but you’re taking advantage of it

Not sure why you think that buying books at a Scholastic Book Sale and then turning in price rewind claims because the books are sold cheaper elsewhere would be abusing the program. It's a fair and square proper use of the program per the way that Citi set it up.

I understand the objection to the dishwasher part where one seller charged enormous shipping. However, it was a fair and square claim per the terms of the program. No different than tax loss harvesting or mega backdoor Roth IRA conversions, or any of a number of other ways that folks properly use the tax code to reduce their taxes.

new2bogle

Post by new2bogle » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:41 pm

BobTexas wrote:
miamivice wrote:

Not really, miamivice is using exactly as intended. Buying from one place and having difference refunded if another place has it cheaper. That's pretty much their entire T&C (lot of things excluded in there too, like cars, for instance). Note that the price rewind is not some automated process but actually has to go through approval. Not sure how one could scam that.

Topic Author
anoop

Post by anoop » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:46 pm

BobTexas wrote:
miamivice wrote:

If that were the real reason for cancellation they could have just updated the terms as noted in one if the posts above to only apply to the same vendor where the purchase was made. When they found people using it for items with an expiration date (which tend to fall in price as they approach expiration) they updated the terms to exclude those.

My guess is this is motivated by general cost cutting or perhaps a chance to offer a more popular perk like cell phone insurance.

TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:53 pm

anoop wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:53 am
I looked at the benefits description for my Citi cards. “Worldwide Car Rental Insurance” refers to both US and international rentals. Of course, in the US it was of limited value anyway for most users as it was secondary to personal car rental insurance coverage.

Topic Author
anoop

Post by anoop » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:24 pm

TravelGeek wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:53 pm
Of course, in the US it was of limited value anyway for most users as it was secondary to personal car rental insurance coverage.
Interesting. I never realized that it was of little use. I always declined to purchase separate rental insurance coverage saying "my credit card will cover it".

The only time I actually needed insurance for a rental car, I was on a business trip and everything was covered by the company's travel dept (it was a small claim for a blown tire).
Last edited by anoop on Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jags4186

Post by Jags4186 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:26 pm

BobTexas wrote:
miamivice wrote:

If by “taking advantage of it” you mean he is using the product as intended, then yes, he was taking advantage of it. I too purchased things locally that I knew were more expensive than an online retailer and price rewound. I also would purchase items without shipping but were more expensive, or even purchase things purposefully more expensive to take advantage of a good cashback portal deal. I have probably input over 300 items into the price rewind system. This is how it’s intended to be used.

There is one reason as I see it why it was discontinued price rewind: It costs money. Most competitors have eliminated this feature. They don’t see the need to keep it. It doesn’t make sense to offer it the first place.

TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:28 pm

anoop wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:24 pm
TravelGeek wrote:
Of course, in the US it was of limited value anyway for most users as it was secondary to personal car rental insurance coverage.
Interesting. I never realized that it was of little use. I always declined rental coverages saying "my credit card will cover it".
It should cover whatever deductible you have for your personal vehicle coverage. If you don’t have personal vehicle insurance, then the credit card insurance becomes primary. So you don’t do anything wrong.

Jags4186

Post by Jags4186 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:29 pm

anoop wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:24 pm
TravelGeek wrote:
Interesting. I never realized that it was of little use. I always declined rental coverages saying "my credit card will cover it".

The only time I actually needed insurance for a rental car, I was on a business trip and everything was covered by the company's travel dept (it was a small claim for a blown tire).
It’s still a good deal in the US. Secondary coverage at a minimum would cover the reimbursement of your collision deductible. If you don’t carry collision insurance your credit card would act as primary.

It’s only collision damage waiver...if you don’t carry personal insurance you still need liability insurance in case your hurt someone.

student

Citi Bank removing benefits

Post by student » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:12 pm

[Topic merged into here --- moderator oldcomputerguy]

There are reports that Citi Bank is removing a lot of credit card benefits. See
https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-cards/ ... ks-follow/
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-rem ... ction-etc/
https://thepointsguy.com/news/citi-slas ... -on-cards/

Housedoc

Re: Citi Bank removing benefits

Post by Housedoc » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:15 pm

Interesting, I wonder if the Citi Costco card will be changed as well. Not good news.

02nz

Post by 02nz » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:19 pm

student

Post by student » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:21 pm

02nz wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:19 pm
Already covered here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=284071&newpost=460 ... ead#unread
Thanks. Sorry I missed that.

nalor511

Post by nalor511 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:36 pm

A bigger deal (for me) than the loss of Price Rewind would be the loss of the free 2 year warranty extension, which thepointsguy article states is going away too, for the DoubleCash card.

investor997

Post by investor997 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:39 pm

nalor511 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:36 pm
A bigger deal (for me) than the loss of Price Rewind would be the loss of the free 2 year warranty extension, which thepointsguy article states is going away too, for the DoubleCash card.
A couple months ago I used my DoubleCash card over my BofA Premium Rewards to buy a pair of iPhones precisely because of the +2 year warranty coverage. I guess now I have to keep the card open for as long as I want the extended warranty to remain active. Sucks because now there's zero purpose to have this card at all. I can't see myself using it ever again.

TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:39 pm

Housedoc wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:15 pm
Interesting, I wonder if the Citi Costco card will be changed as well. Not good news.
Yes. If you have one, you presumably will see a popup notice if you log into your account. Here are the details, though:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31234977-post33.html

TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:42 pm

investor997 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:39 pm
nalor511 wrote:
A couple months ago I used my DoubleCash card over my BofA Premium Rewards to buy a pair of iPhones precisely because of the +2 year warranty coverage. I guess now I have to keep the card open for as long as I want the extended warranty to remain active. Sucks because now there's zero purpose to have this card at all. I can't see myself using it ever again.
You should double-check the T&C for the extended warranty, but according to

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31234634-post26.html

it looks like the extension remains in force even if the account is closed.

nalor511

Post by nalor511 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:11 pm

TravelGeek wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:42 pm
investor997 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:39 pm
nalor511 wrote:
You should double-check the T&C for the extended warranty, but according to

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31234634-post26.html

it looks like the extension remains in force even if the account is closed.
So I guess if folks buy something for the Warranty Extension before Sept 2019, then you'd (presumably) still get the 2yr extension?

Topic Author
anoop

Post by anoop » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:43 pm

Is Amex doing away with a lot of these benefits too? If not, I could just use that card for cases where the extended warranty is useful/needed and as my travel card, even though the cash back is lower. Of course, they don't have a price rewind type benefit.

Afty

Post by Afty » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:37 am

nalor511 wrote:
That is a big deal for me too. I believe the Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Card also gives 2% cash back with an extended warranty. Might be time to switch.

brajalle

Post by brajalle » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:25 am

Longdog wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:38 pm
brajalle wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:32 am
mmmodem wrote:

According to the message on my account, they are eliminating extended warranty too.
That's apparently only for the DoubleCash and Dividend cards. I see no mention of Extended Warranty removal on the - Simplicity, Preferred, Premier, Prestige, or AT&T Access More. Still, pretty horrid to remove it on those two - I guess maybe their margins are much tighter on those cards?

nalor511

Post by nalor511 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:10 am

Afty wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:37 am
nalor511 wrote:
That is a big deal for me too. I believe the Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Card also gives 2% cash back with an extended warranty. Might be time to switch.
Fidelity gives 1yr extension, Citi was giving 2yr, sad to see it go.

TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:09 pm

brajalle wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:25 am
That's apparently only for the DoubleCash and Dividend cards. I see no mention of Extended Warranty removal on the - Simplicity, Preferred, Premier, Prestige, or AT&T Access More. Still, pretty horrid to remove it on those two - I guess maybe their margins are much tighter on those cards?
If you log into your account and go to https://www.cardbenefits.citi.com/faq.aspx you can see for each of your cards what is getting removed and what benefits remain. E.g., on my Premier:

Effective September 22, 2019, Worldwide Car Rental Insurance, Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection, Worldwide Travel Accident Insurance, Trip Delay Protection, Baggage Delay Protection, Lost Baggage Protection, Citi® Price Rewind, and 90 Day Return Protection will be discontinued.

You will continue to have Extended Warranty and Damage & Theft Purchase Protection on this account.

It's interesting that travel cards are losing their travel-related benefits.

Topic Author
anoop

Post by anoop » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:18 pm

OK, this is what it says for Double Cash.

What's discontinued:

Effective September 22, 2019, Worldwide Car Rental Insurance, Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection, Worldwide Travel Accident Insurance, Citi® Price Rewind, 90 Day Return Protection, Damage & Theft Purchase Protection, and Extended Warranty will be discontinued and will no longer be provided for purchases made on or after that date.

What's remaining:

Time to dust off the Amex card.

student

Post by student » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:45 pm

anoop wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:18 pm
OK, this is what it says for Double Cash.

What's discontinued:

Effective September 22, 2019, Worldwide Car Rental Insurance, Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection, Worldwide Travel Accident Insurance, Citi® Price Rewind, 90 Day Return Protection, Damage & Theft Purchase Protection, and Extended Warranty will be discontinued and will no longer be provided for purchases made on or after that date.

What's remaining:

Time to dust off the Amex card.
I saw the same thing for my Double Cash. My knee jerk reaction is are they still going to call this "World Elite Mastercard?"

Topic Author
anoop

Post by anoop » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:19 pm

student wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:45 pm
I saw the same thing for my Double Cash. My knee jerk reaction is are they still going to call this "World Elite Mastercard?"
That's an interesting question. Extended warranty appears to be a benefit for all Mastercards.
https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consume ... rcard.html
I wonder if Mastercard is getting rid of them.