Health Insurance for Parents Traveling from Abroad

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
ethan_imagine

Health Insurance for Parents Traveling from Abroad

Post by ethan_imagine » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:15 pm

My parents are in their mid-50s and early-60s. They travel to the U.S. to visit me (Boston area) typically twice a year, and stay for 2-3 months each time. I feel blessed that they are both healthy and active. And, I would like to purchase health insurance plans for them to cover medical bills, especially treatments due to any unforeseeable and unexpected accidents. Any comments and experience with any health insurance providers will be greatly appreciated.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

unclescrooge

Re: Health Insurance for Parents Traveling from Abroad

Post by unclescrooge » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:17 pm

Insbuy.com

I've bought from here, but never had to use it.

kramer

Post by kramer » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:55 pm

For any travel insurance that you buy for them, carefully read the pre-existing conditions clauses.

ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:04 am

This issue has occasionally been brought up on CruiseCritic.com in one sub-forum:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/4 ... insurance/

You might need to do a search. Apologies, but I didn't keep track of the latest on this particular insurance need (others traveling to the USA).

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.