Watch experts: Bucherer with orange face????

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Post Reply
User avatar
Topic Author
Socrates
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: Margaritaville

Watch experts: Bucherer with orange face????

Post by Socrates » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:31 pm

I was going through a box in my garage of my dad's stuff and need some help with value on an old watch I found.
Bucherer Archimedes acier 30 112 with an orange face and black dial. It is from the 70s, pre 1975....maybe 60s? Its really cool looking and I'm going to keep it as it reminds me of my dad.
I need to change the band its really Sean Connery style....super wide with big holes. I would like to wear it, but don't really want to if its worth anything over $500.

Many thanks!
“Don't waste your time looking back. You're not going that way.” ― Ragnar Lothbrok.

smalliebigs
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:48 am

Re: Watch experts: Bucherer with orange face????

Post by smalliebigs » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:01 pm

Probably a better place to ask this is on watchuseek, or omegaforums. You will get a much better response. Some pictures will help too!

User avatar
Topic Author
Socrates
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: Margaritaville

Re: Watch experts: Bucherer with orange face????

Post by Socrates » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:12 pm

I guess I can't upload a pic, but have to host it somewhere?
“Don't waste your time looking back. You're not going that way.” ― Ragnar Lothbrok.

User avatar
J G Bankerton
Posts: 1580
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:30 pm

Re: Watch experts: Bucherer with orange face????

Post by J G Bankerton » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:25 pm

Socrates wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:31 pm
I was going through a box in my garage of my dad's stuff and need some help with value on an old watch I found.
Bucherer Archimedes acier 30 112 with an orange face and black dial. It is from the 70s, pre 1975....maybe 60s? Its really cool looking and I'm going to keep it as it reminds me of my dad.
I need to change the band its really Sean Connery style....super wide with big holes. I would like to wear it, but don't really want to if its worth anything over $500.

Many thanks!
If it Is real it is worth more than $500, if it is gold It is worth thousands but it will cost more than $500 just to have it serviced. They are worth more if they are all original.

User avatar
Steelersfan
Posts: 3776
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Watch experts: Bucherer with orange face????

Post by Steelersfan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:56 pm

I don't see your model but you might find something comparable to get you in the ballpark:

https://www.watchpatrol.net/?brand=Archimede

Starfish
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:33 pm

Re: Watch experts: Bucherer with orange face????

Post by Starfish » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:35 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:56 pm
I don't see your model but you might find something comparable to get you in the ballpark:

https://www.watchpatrol.net/?brand=Archimede
The brand is Bucherer, not Archimde...

SC Anteater
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:50 pm

Re: Watch experts: Bucherer with orange face????

Post by SC Anteater » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:27 pm

Starfish wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:35 pm
Steelersfan wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:56 pm
I don't see your model but you might find something comparable to get you in the ballpark:

https://www.watchpatrol.net/?brand=Archimede
The brand is Bucherer, not Archimde...
It appears Archimede is a sub-brand of Bucherer

https://www.chrono24.com/search/index.h ... soryTypes=

Does your say Bucherer on the face?

User avatar
Steelersfan
Posts: 3776
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Watch experts: Bucherer with orange face????

Post by Steelersfan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:37 pm

Every google search I find with the terms Bucherer Archimedes acier finds nothing when I include "Archimedes". I did find a few without Archimedes.

User avatar
Topic Author
Socrates
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: Margaritaville

Here is a picture of it

Post by Socrates » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:41 pm

“Don't waste your time looking back. You're not going that way.” ― Ragnar Lothbrok.

User avatar
J G Bankerton
Posts: 1580
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:30 pm

Re: Here is a picture of it

Post by J G Bankerton » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:48 pm

Socrates wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:41 pm
Image
It looks like an Eta 2472 movement. If so and the watch keeps good time it may be worth close to $500. It is worth servicing but that will cost close to $500.

User avatar
Topic Author
Socrates
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: Margaritaville

thank you all

Post by Socrates » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:12 pm

Thank you all for your input!

:sharebeer
“Don't waste your time looking back. You're not going that way.” ― Ragnar Lothbrok.

Minot
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:35 pm

Re: Watch experts: Bucherer with orange face????

Post by Minot » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:27 pm

This one sure looks like it, except it's yellow, not orange.,

User avatar
Topic Author
Socrates
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: Margaritaville

Re: Watch experts: Bucherer with orange face????

Post by Socrates » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:51 pm

This one sure looks like it, except it's yellow, not orange.,
It really does.....thank you! I have looked a lot and nothing came close to that. :sharebeer
“Don't waste your time looking back. You're not going that way.” ― Ragnar Lothbrok.

Post Reply