Considering purchasing a new point-and-shoot camera

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
banhbao

Considering purchasing a new point-and-shoot camera

Post by banhbao » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:24 am

Hello fellow Bogleheads and photo enthusiasts,

I am thinking about purchasing a new camera. I currently have an older-model Canon Powershot S120. I have really enjoyed this camera but it is starting to show its age. I love taking scenic photos; this camera is great for printing 8x10 or even 11x14, but anything larger comes out at less than 200dpi. So I would like to move up to a 20MP camera where I can print larger size photos. Additionally, I understand this older point-and-shoot camera has a 1/1.7" CMOS sensor, where a newer model with a 1" sensor has almost 3x the surface area. With a larger sensor the amount of light is greater and you can get sharper images even in lower-light scenes. Thus, I am thinking about moving up to a 20MP camera with a 1" sensor.

Here are my search criteria:
  • The main thing I am looking for is very good image quality, minimal graining in higher ISO modes, colors that "pop", etc.
  • I am not interested in DSLR nor anything which I cannot fit in my pocket or in a small camera bag.
  • I don't want to have a debate about cell phones; I already have a decent samsung but I want a camera specifically for taking photos.
  • Optical zoom is a plus but it is not my primary concern. I realize that a point and shoot with a large sensor (1") means sacrificing space within the camera normally reserved for a telephoto lens. I am okay with that. I can live with something like 3x optical zoom. I don't really use the zoom feature that much anyway.
  • I never really use a view-finder. Maybe in very bright light it would be a plus. But I always found it awkward, and the modern LCD screens are very good quality these days.
  • I don't take a lot of macro photos so a short focus range is not really that important to me. I would think 2" is fine for my needs.
  • Cost in the range of $300-$500.
  • I really could care less about hinged and articulating LCD screens. I basically never would use this feature, it seems like something that could break easily, gimmicky, etc.
  • My camera is used for photos, not videos. I don't care about 4k HDMI outputs, etc.
  • I place a smaller amount of consideration into things like a good grip and long battery life. If the battery life is poor I could purchase a supplemental battery. Having a good grip is important but I can't imagine a top brand having really poor grip.
With this in mind, I narrowed down my search to the following two options:
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony-c ... c-rx100-m3

Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II
https://www.dpreview.com/products/canon ... anon_g7xii

I found a good comparison article here:
https://www.pcmag.com/compare/360668/so ... -g7-x-mark

First point to make is that both models fall within my price range; RX100III is $465 and GX7ii is $499 at tristatecamera.com.

After reading the reviews it seems like the Sony is a better deal, the cost is less and the reviews are better. Seems like a no-brainer. But I am still having a difficult time pulling the trigger because the Canon is something I am already comfortable with. I like the grip, and the removable battery with external charger (the Sony has an external charger option but at additional cost). Also, I wonder if the higher reviews for the Sony are due to the inclusion of an EVF, which doesn't really matter to me because I wouldn't use this feature often. Realistically I am sure both cameras are very good and I would be happy with either.

I am just wondering if anyone has these models, what is your opinion, positive/negative feedback you may have, whether you noticed any problems, etc.

Thanks for the advice!

Bogle7

Re: Considering purchasing a new point-and-shoot camera

Post by Bogle7 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:48 am

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 VA
according to https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/buying ... st-cameras
I would spend some time reading at DPReview.com

Topic Author
banhbao

Post by banhbao » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:59 am

Bogle7 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:48 am
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 VA
according to https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/buying ... st-cameras
I would spend some time reading at DPReview.com
The Sony DSC-RX100 VA is not within my price range. Looks like it is $700+.

Anyway, I will read this article and look at the other options suggested. Thank you.

livesoft

Post by livesoft » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:03 am

I have a G5X because I have a Canon dSLR and don't have to change mindset with the controls.

The G5X has an EVF and a pop-up flash and a hot shoe. Thus I can use my 580EX II with it and radio triggers.

Also I use the hinged screen all the time because I can put the camera in places where I cannot look through the EVF and still compose shots by moving the hinged screen so that I can see it.

I have had Sony cameras and they are outstanding, too. You can't go wrong with either one, but I would spend a lot more and get the RX-100 VII instead of the III. I know it is out of your price range.

I have to laugh a little bit about 'colors that "pop"' because that's a post-processing thing. All cameras can do that with the right photographer and how they compose a photo.

I don't know if the Sony has a "star mode" and a "time lapse mode", but the Canons do. You write that you won't do video, but my camera has changed my mind about that for me.
Last edited by livesoft on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.

Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:04 am

For the money, I would get the Stoney. It won’t be that different. If I were to buy new, I would get the Sony you specified.

Topic Author
banhbao

Post by banhbao » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:12 am

livesoft wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:03 am
I have a G5X because I have a Canon dSLR and don't have to change mindset with the controls.

The G5X has an EVF and a pop-up flash and a hot shoe. Thus I can use my 580EX II with it and radio triggers.

Also I use the hinged screen all the time because I can put the camera in places where I cannot look through the EVF and still compose shots by moving the hinged screen so that I can see it.

I have had Sony cameras and they are outstanding, too. You can't go wrong with either one, but I would spend a lot more and get the RX-100 VII instead of the III. I know it is out of your price range.

I have to laugh a little bit about 'colors that "pop"' because that's a post-processing thing. All cameras can do that with the right photographer and how they compose a photo.

I don't know if the Sony has a "star mode" and a "time lapse mode", but the Canons do. You write that you won't do video, but my camera has changed my mind about that for me.
Thanks for the advice. I am not a professional, I consider myself a good amateur photographer. When I read about the 1" sensor, I understand it means the camera has a better dynamic range. I thought that would mean more whiter whites and darker blacks and with a more varied contrast it would improve the color...? Maybe I am mistaken.

lazydavid

Post by lazydavid » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:18 am

I won't be able to help you choose cameras, but can help you choose a better retailer. This is the main location for tristatecamera.com in Brooklyn:

This is their retail store in Manhattan:

Oodles and oodles of one-star reviews on Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/tri-state-camera-new-york

In general, camera shops based out of Brooklyn have a horrible reputation for being scam artists. A long time favorite ploy is to sell you the camera at a great price, and then contact you after the sale to ask if you would like a battery and charger with it. That will be an extra $150. You would naturally reply that it's included in the box, because it is. Except it isn't, because they opened the box and took it out to gouge you for more cash.
There may be an honest one here or there, but why take the chance?

Here are the online camera stores you are permitted to shop at :D :
www.bhphotovideo.com
www.adorama.com
www.keh.com

KEH is particularly good if you're looking to buy used, their condition rating system is extremely conservative. For P&S cameras, Amazon is fine too.
Last edited by lazydavid on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

hightower

Post by hightower » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:19 am

banhbao wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:24 am
Hello fellow Bogleheads and photo enthusiasts,

I am thinking about purchasing a new camera. I currently have an older-model Canon Powershot S120. I have really enjoyed this camera but it is starting to show its age. I love taking scenic photos; this camera is great for printing 8x10 or even 11x14, but anything larger comes out at less than 200dpi. So I would like to move up to a 20MP camera where I can print larger size photos. Additionally, I understand this older point-and-shoot camera has a 1/1.7" CMOS sensor, where a newer model with a 1" sensor has almost 3x the surface area. With a larger sensor the amount of light is greater and you can get sharper images even in lower-light scenes. Thus, I am thinking about moving up to a 20MP camera with a 1" sensor.

Here are my search criteria:
  • The main thing I am looking for is very good image quality, minimal graining in higher ISO modes, colors that "pop", etc.
  • I am not interested in DSLR nor anything which I cannot fit in my pocket or in a small camera bag.
  • I don't want to have a debate about cell phones; I already have a decent samsung but I want a camera specifically for taking photos.
  • Optical zoom is a plus but it is not my primary concern. I realize that a point and shoot with a large sensor (1") means sacrificing space within the camera normally reserved for a telephoto lens. I am okay with that. I can live with something like 3x optical zoom. I don't really use the zoom feature that much anyway.
  • I never really use a view-finder. Maybe in very bright light it would be a plus. But I always found it awkward, and the modern LCD screens are very good quality these days.
  • I don't take a lot of macro photos so a short focus range is not really that important to me. I would think 2" is fine for my needs.
  • Cost in the range of $300-$500.
  • I really could care less about hinged and articulating LCD screens. I basically never would use this feature, it seems like something that could break easily, gimmicky, etc.
  • My camera is used for photos, not videos. I don't care about 4k HDMI outputs, etc.
  • I place a smaller amount of consideration into things like a good grip and long battery life. If the battery life is poor I could purchase a supplemental battery. Having a good grip is important but I can't imagine a top brand having really poor grip.
With this in mind, I narrowed down my search to the following two options:
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony-c ... c-rx100-m3

Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II
https://www.dpreview.com/products/canon ... anon_g7xii

I found a good comparison article here:
https://www.pcmag.com/compare/360668/so ... -g7-x-mark

First point to make is that both models fall within my price range; RX100III is $465 and GX7ii is $499 at tristatecamera.com.

After reading the reviews it seems like the Sony is a better deal, the cost is less and the reviews are better. Seems like a no-brainer. But I am still having a difficult time pulling the trigger because the Canon is something I am already comfortable with. I like the grip, and the removable battery with external charger (the Sony has an external charger option but at additional cost). Also, I wonder if the higher reviews for the Sony are due to the inclusion of an EVF, which doesn't really matter to me because I wouldn't use this feature often. Realistically I am sure both cameras are very good and I would be happy with either.

I am just wondering if anyone has these models, what is your opinion, positive/negative feedback you may have, whether you noticed any problems, etc.

Thanks for the advice!
Honestly, these days, I think the "point and shoots" are becoming obsolete. Camera phones are getting really good and it just doesn't make sense to carry a separate camera around if all you want is a point and shoot. Have you considered just upgrading your phone? The new iPhone cameras are insanely good. You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between a decent point and shoot and a new iPhone camera in the right hands. I am an amateur photographer and still use a DSLR for landscape photos, portraits, and when I travel, but for everything else, the best camera is the one you always have with you...your phone;)

TravelforFun

Post by TravelforFun » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:25 am

I just bought the Sony Alpha 6300 and let me tell you this compact, mirrorless, camera is a wonder. It has replaced my heavy Nikon DSLR because its pictures are so good and they can be sent to my phone wirelessly so I can share them with my friends right away.

I got a big trip to Europe in June and am so glad I no longer have to lug that big Nikon around my neck.

TravelforFun

nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:44 am

Generically, I started out with one of the first Canon "Digital Elph's," graduated to another one, switched to one of the very compact Sony DSC-TX1s, and then most recently to a Sony DSC-TX30. I am a firm believer that "always with you" beats everything else. The transition from Canon to Sony was not a problem--I was transitioning from conventional controls to touchscreen, and the touchscreen was automatically easier than even the most familiar conventional controls. I have no strong overall preference between the two brands.

One annoyance is being unable to use the same batteries from one model to the next, but that was true Canon-to-Canon and Sony-to-Sony. The software provided by the manufacturer was not very valuable, at one point I was using the Canon panorama stitcher but Adobe Elements now does that just fine, and the Sony cameras have "sweep panorama" mode which I love, and work well.

I don't have the latest or greatest cell phone--it's about a three-year-old model--but I feel that a pocket-sized purpose-built camera beats a cell phone all hollow. Again, it's not just specs. My cell phone is quite slow to autofocus and the shutter lag--bad enough on the digital camera, is much worse on the cell phone. Plus, battery life on the camera is much better, because it using less power when it is closed and turned off. Plus, with my Sony, I whip it out of the holster and slide the cover down and it is then ready to take a picture with enough auto settings set well enough to get something usable. Then of course I spend time fiddling with settings. But, from "that looks like a picture" to first picture is a few seconds. With the cell phone, there is quite a bit of extra time wasted turning it on and finding the "camera" icon. Oh, you will say: didn't you know you could program it so that two presses on the home button will bring up the camera? Well, yeah, but a) you have to do it quickly enough, and b) for reasons I don't understand there is a good two-heartbeat lag between the double-press and the camera being ready to use, and c) with it set that way, I keep activating the camera accidentally when I was trying to do something else.

The most frustrating thing is that they keep upping the number of megapixels for the same-size sensor. The DSC-TX1 was around the best, enough megapixels for plenty of sharpness, with acceptable tonal range and color. The DSC-TX30 is really not great on tonal range and color richness, I need to tweak with Photoshop Elements on just about any picture I want to print. I was also shocked that there is a serious problem on the video mode of the DSC-TX30. There is a strange background noise that some from the camera itself and sounds for all the world like old fashioned movie-camera noise. The main point here is that that is something you would never know from any specs or reviews, you pretty much have to try the camera out to discover these things.

Anyone, my vague advice is that two years of improvement in digital cameras as a group is far more difference than between any two brands. I went from Canon to Sony because my Canon had started to act funny, because I was ready to spend a little more money than before, and because at that time Sony had the "sweep panorama" feature, and Canon didn't, and I completely fell in love with it. For decades, I had had a vague fantasy dream of someday owning a WideLux and the "sweep panorama" completely scratches that itch.
Last edited by nisiprius on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.

robphoto

Post by robphoto » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:54 am

Either of the cameras you list would do a good job for you. You might prefer the Canon because it has the same control logic as your current camera, but either is good. I definitely concur with the recommendation to buy from B&H, Adorama, or another well-known outfit.

If you can get to a shop that carries the cameras, that would be ideal, because often actually experiencing the camera in real life will give you a strong preference for one or the other.

acegolfer

Post by acegolfer » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:58 am

TravelforFun wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:25 am
I just bought the Sony Alpha 6300 and let me tell you this compact, mirrorless, camera is a wonder. It has replaced my heavy Nikon DSLR because its pictures are so good and they can be sent to my phone wirelessly so I can share them with my friends right away.

I got a big trip to Europe in June and am so glad I no longer have to lug that big Nikon around my neck.

TravelforFun
another vote for a compact mirrorless camera around $500.

nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:59 am

robphoto wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:54 am
...If you can get to a shop that carries the cameras, that would be ideal, because often actually experiencing the camera in real life will give you a strong preference for one or the other...
I don't think that can be overemphasized. In fact, now that you mention it, I was all set to buy some other camera and ended up with the Sony because the one I had decided on first, and was all ready to buy, just... wasn't... right. I haven't been in Best Buy for a while, but, short of a dedicated camera store, that has been a place with a decent selection of cameras that are actually sitting out there, ready to use, plugged into power, ready to try for yourself, without having to ask somebody to bring you one, than another, than another,
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.

Jeff Albertson

Post by Jeff Albertson » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:19 pm

more reviews - https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best- ... ot-camera/
They liked the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX10.

quantAndHold

Post by quantAndHold » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:45 pm

Both of the cameras you are interested in would be excellent.

I have a broken Sony RX-100 II sitting on my desk (broken LCD). I haven’t used it in a year. I was playing with it a couple of weeks ago, trying to decide whether or not to fix it, and was still impressed with the image quality. Even by 2019 standards, it’s still good.

bhsince87

Post by bhsince87 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:54 pm

As someone else mentioned, you should be very wary of a those cameras being sold at such low prices.

They are possibly gray market. Which may be OK if you know what you are getting.

Tristate Camera is known for that.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/tri-state-camera-new-york
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace." Samuel Adams

Benbo

Post by Benbo » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:44 pm

robphoto wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:54 am
Either of the cameras you list would do a good job for you. You might prefer the Canon because it has the same control logic as your current camera, but either is good. I definitely concur with the recommendation to buy from B&H, Adorama, or another well-known outfit.

If you can get to a shop that carries the cameras, that would be ideal, because often actually experiencing the camera in real life will give you a strong preference for one or the other.
Second the recommendation for B&H. I would take a look at their used dept. I've bought lenses and and camera bodies that were in like-new condition for half what they go for new. Never had a problem.

Topic Author
banhbao

Post by banhbao » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:51 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone. I realize now that the tristate prices are probably too good to be true. If I still want to go with one of the two models I suggested, I will have to increase my budget. Looking at more reputable dealers it seems like the cost would be around $600-$650.

With that in mind, based on some other inputs received here, maybe the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX10 is a good option?
https://www.dpreview.com/products/panas ... ic_dmclx10

Very good reviews here and the cost is just under $500.

Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:53 pm

Either one of these should fit your needs for a very long time.
As for printing out larger high resolution photos. The larger the sensor the better. The Sony has a 1" sensor. Megapixels are secondary. The 1" sensor is made by the same folks. Try for at least that.
This is a sony with the "lensmate" adapter so it can use various filters, polarizers, etc.

Stick with Adorama, B and H, or Amazon (as long as Amazon is the seller and not a 3rd party).
Do not buy "gray market" or "international".

Seriously, if you can save up more and wait, get the Sony DSC-RX100 Mk VI with the 200 mm zoom. vs the older 70mm max zoom. This camera outclasses all others in this field.
Last edited by Sandtrap on Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know

Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:57 pm

banhbao wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:51 pm
Thanks for the advice everyone. I realize now that the tristate prices are probably too good to be true. If I still want to go with one of the two models I suggested, I will have to increase my budget. Looking at more reputable dealers it seems like the cost would be around $600-$650.

With that in mind, based on some other inputs received here, maybe the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX10 is a good option?
https://www.dpreview.com/products/panas ... ic_dmclx10

Very good reviews here and the cost is just under $500.
Look at keh.com for better price. I just looked.

Cactuscoug

Post by Cactuscoug » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:49 am

Be careful of the Panasonic Lumix.

I have one. Great camera! But . . .

It is prone to a dirty sensor. I just took it in to the local camera repair store for cleaning -- It has to go back to the factory for full disassembly. Price $225. The shop owner says that he sees it all the time with Panasonic Lumix. They are not built "tight." For a tighter sensor case, he recommends Canon or Nikon.

I am shopping now too . . .

Rob5TCP

Post by Rob5TCP » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:10 am

A couple of years ago I upgraded my Canon S100. I took the Boglehead approach and went with
the Canon G9X when Canon had a big sale ($239). In bright light there aren't great differences
(except when blowing up or heavy cropping). But in low light, the differences are significant.
When I first bought the G9X, I did about 20 identical comparison shots between the two cameras.

The G9X isn't as versatile as the G7X, and is missing some features; but the price and the size
(a little smaller than the G7X) made it the right camera for me. It is easily a pocket camera;
which is what I wanted.

travelspot

Post by travelspot » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:37 am

I have been a photography buff for years, and have lots of equipment, mostly Canon. Not wanting to lug 10-15 lbs of dSLR/lenses on some trips, I have purchased point and shoots and my criteria was much the same as yours (not caring about a lot of bells and whistles, would rather the money all be in image quality). I did use the Sony RX100 for years and it was amazing. Sony RX100 was the gold standard in point and shoots, but the competitors have sufficiently caught up in my opinion. Now you can get 1" sensor etc. in many point and shoots. I also think the Sony RX100s have become overpriced.

I needed a new point and shoot (RX100 broke) for a family trip to Europe and settled on the Canon G9X. It's got the 1" sensor, large screen size, and takes awesome pics. There is now a Mark II for this model with a faster processor and a great deal at $429 - https://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot- ... b_title_ce. (I do see you listed a G7X as a candidate but that is also above your price range.) The G9X is compact, even smaller/lighter than the Sony RX 100, and would be a great choice with your criteria.
If you don't do stuff, then you don't do stuff.

Topic Author
banhbao

Post by banhbao » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:23 am

Hello All,

I wanted to update everyone who helped me with this decision and respond to a few especially helpful comments.

I realized that my original two selections were flawed because the prices I quoted were likely grey market items. And, if I wanted a legitimate camera, these two options were outside of my self-imposed price range of $500.

So, with a little more research I settled on the Sony Alpha 6000 with a 16-50mm lens. Originally, I was set on a point-and-shoot with an integrated lens. But this criterion was only based on being able to fit the camera in my pocket. And I realized that even with my current Canon S120, I have a small camera bag anyway. So, there wasn't much of a downside to going with a compact mirrorless. Plus, the APS-C sensor is something like 4x larger than the 1" sensor. I was primarily concerned with superior image quality. It helps a bit too that the A6000 is 24MP, a little larger than the point and shoot cameras that I was considering.

I took the opportunity to compare the A6000 to the Canon G7X at my local Best Buy (I couldn't find the Sony RX on display nearby). The G7X is much more portable and weighs about 50% less than the A6000 with the 16-50mm lens. But it wasn't that much of a difference. And, right now the A6000 is selling just under $500, with the lens, and many online retailers have a complimentary kit option with spare batteries and a memory card (including Adorama and BH Photo). So it was perfect for my price range.

Now I just have to study and learn more about photography because I selected a semi-professional camera over a point-and-shoot. But I feel good about this purchase, since I can eventually purchase other lenses once I have mastered the kit lens.

Thanks again for everyone's advice! Especially the ones below that I found incredibly useful!

lazydavid and bhsince87:
I didn't know enough about the photography sector to realize there was a "grey market". After reading more about this I decided to go with an authorized Sony distributor. Thanks for educating me on this point.

robphoto and nisiprius:
I took your advice about visiting a camera shop to be able to test the various models. Thanks, this was a good idea.

Jeff Albertson:
I read a lot about the Lumix LX10 and I really considered buying this one. Right now, there are some online deals just at $500. This camera records amazing 4k video, but that was not my primary reason for buying a new camera. For someone looking to shoot video in addition to taking pictures, this camera could be ideal for them.

TravelforFun
I took your advice and did a lot of research on the compact mirrorless Sony alpha series which led me to my conclusion. Thanks!

Watty

Post by Watty » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:13 pm

banhbao wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:23 am
Now I just have to study and learn more about photography because I selected a semi-professional camera over a point-and-shoot.
Some libraries have free online photography courses that you can take through their website.

bhsince87

Post by bhsince87 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:45 pm

Thank you for the follow up. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new camera!
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace." Samuel Adams