At what point would you hire someone vs. cut down a tree yourself?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
josehde

Re: At what point would you hire someone vs. cut down a tree yourself?

Post by josehde »

If I'm not confident on my capability to handle a power tool, then I would hire someone else to do the job. Safety first.
dm200

Re: At what point would you hire someone vs. cut down a tree yourself?

Post by dm200 »

josehde wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:40 am If I'm not confident on my capability to handle a power tool, then I would hire someone else to do the job. Safety first.
Yes!

The "truly scary" to me - are "amateurs" who do things like take a chain saw up a ladder, or go very high on a ladder to start to cut down the tree, and so on. We had to have a large, and very "sick" maple tree cut down that was very close to both our house and our neighbor's. So, we hired a tree guy to cut it down and take away the wood. It took this guy several hours climbing (with a rope) up the tree with a chain saw cutting it down - piece by piece - until just the trunk about ten feet high remained - and he cut that down from the ground. While up in the tree with the chainsaw, he did have an assistant on the ground holding a rope attached to the pieces of the tree as he cut them - so they would not fall on either house.