Amazon returns

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
tc101

Amazon returns

Post by tc101 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:18 pm

The return button on the orders page is gone, at least on my screen. Anyone else notice this? Is there some new way to make a return?

Edit - It turns out the problem is only on my linux computer. It works fine on my chromebook. I just did a test and it also works fine using the firefox browser on the linux system, so it is some technical glitch in the chromium browser running on linux. You can ignore this thread unless you are running linux.
Last edited by tc101 on Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. | The most important thing you should know about me is that I am not an expert.

jebmke

Re: Amazon returns

Post by jebmke » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:19 pm

tc101 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:18 pm
The return button on the orders page is gone, at least on my screen. Anyone else notice this? Is there some new way to make a return?
When I look at the orders page, at the bottom is a link for "Returns and Replacements"
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.

jhfenton

Post by jhfenton » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:20 pm

tc101 wrote:
I still have a "Return or replace items" button on my Amazon orders page. It's there on every order received in the last 30 days.

jhfenton

Post by jhfenton » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:20 pm

jebmke wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:19 pm
tc101 wrote:
When I look at the orders page, at the bottom is a link for "Returns and Replacements"
I also have that, but I also have a button inside the box for each individual order.

Topic Author
tc101

Post by tc101 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:45 pm

It has disappeared on my orders page. I will wait a few days and then call them if it doesn't come back.
. | The most important thing you should know about me is that I am not an expert.

Topic Author
tc101

Post by tc101 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:50 pm

It doesn't show up on my linux computer, but does show up on my chromebook, so there is some tech problem with linux

Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:19 pm

If an order is beyond the return date, the "Return or replace items" or "Return items" option will be gone, and there will be a statement like "Return window closed on Apr 11, 2019."

Looks like most of my orders have a return window of 30 days.

Could this be your issue?

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go. " -Mark Twain

KlangFool

Post by KlangFool » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:23 pm

tc101 wrote:
tc101,.

Some items that you ordered are not returnable. This was a shock to me. I called and complained. This never happened to me before. I told them that they should give me a big warning if the item that I ordered is not returnable when I ordered. They said sorry and offered me a full refund since it is not returnable.

KlangFool

KlangFool

Post by KlangFool » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:27 pm

Broken Man 1999 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:19 pm
If an order is beyond the return date, the "Return or replace items" or "Return items" option will be gone, and there will be a statement like "Return window closed on Apr 11, 2019."

Broken Man 1999
Broken Man 1999,

Some items that you ordered from Amazon are not returnable.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer ... =201819200

<<Seller Return Policy
When you order from a seller that fulfills and ships its own inventory (also called a third party seller), your return is sent back to the seller instead of Amazon.com. While most sellers offer a returns policy equivalent to Amazon.com's, some seller returns policies may vary. You can view the return policy of the seller before you purchase an item by viewing the Returns and Refunds Policy section of the seller profile page. To view the seller's return policy, once you've ordered, you can select your order in the Online Returns Center.>>

If you order an item and it has no return date, it may not be returnable. So, you should cancel the order immediately.

KlangFool

Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:53 pm

KlangFool wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:27 pm
Broken Man 1999 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:19 pm

Broken Man 1999
Broken Man 1999,

Some items that you ordered from Amazon are not returnable.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer ... =201819200

<<Seller Return Policy
When you order from a seller that fulfills and ships its own inventory (also called a third party seller), your return is sent back to the seller instead of Amazon.com. While most sellers offer a returns policy equivalent to Amazon.com's, some seller returns policies may vary. You can view the return policy of the seller before you purchase an item by viewing the Returns and Refunds Policy section of the seller profile page. To view the seller's return policy, once you've ordered, you can select your order in the Online Returns Center.>>

If you order an item and it has no return date, it may not be returnable. So, you should cancel the order immediately.

KlangFool
I don't have any issues. I always check prior to ordering. Some folks are buying things on the Amazon Marketplace, third-party sellers. If an item is non-returnable, the buyer must decide if they want to take a chance. That doesn't mean if you receive something broken, or the wrong item you are stuck, even though SOME third-party sellers make it difficult. I have only had one issue that I have had to reach out to Amazon to complain. The seller's item was broken when received and the inside packing material was filthy. It was not new. The seller didn't send me a prepaid return label. Amazon said to send it back, and send them a receipt and they would pay for the return shipping, so I did, and Amazon reimbursed me. So the defective item gets back to the seller, and they refunded a smaller amount than I had paid, the seller shorted me $23.76. So I complained to Amazon again, and they refunded my remaining balance. Then a couple of days later the seller sent me $23.76. So, I called Amazon and after a long conversation with someone I don't think understood what the issue was, we agreed that I wouldn't return the over-payment. I tried, though.

So, if anyone has a legit complaint, call Amazon. They will help.

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go. " -Mark Twain

Trader Joe

Post by Trader Joe » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:54 pm

tc101 wrote:
No, the return button is still available to me. Something is wrong on your end.

Topic Author
tc101

Post by tc101 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:47 pm

It turns out the problem is only on my linux computer. It works fine on my chromebook. I just did a test and it also works fine using the firefox browser on the linux system, so it is some technical glitch in the chromium browser running on linux. You can ignore this thread unless you are running linux.

Turbo29

Post by Turbo29 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:10 pm

tc101 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:47 pm
It turns out the problem is only on my linux computer. It works fine on my chromebook. I just did a test and it also works fine using the firefox browser on the linux system, so it is some technical glitch in the chromium browser running on linux. You can ignore this thread unless you are running linux.
I am using Ubuntu Linux. I always order with Firefox and have the return buttons. After reading your post, I logged in with Chrome. And yes, no return button with Chrome.

Edit: Just reported the issue to Chrome, let's see how long it takes them fix it.

Topic Author
tc101

Post by tc101 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:12 pm

I am using Ubuntu Linux. I always order with Firefox and have the return buttons. After reading your post, I logged in with Chrome. And yes, no return button with Chrome.

Edit: Just reported the issue to Chrome, let's see how long it takes them fix it.
Thanks for checking that out and reporting it. I was using Chromium, not Chrome. Which did you use?

Turbo29

Post by Turbo29 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:18 pm

tc101 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:12 pm

Thanks for checking that out and reporting it. I was using Chromium, not Chrome. Which did you use?
I used Chrome (misread your original post). I do have Chromium on my system too but didn't try it. Aren't they basically the same code?

Topic Author
tc101

Post by tc101 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:39 am

I do have Chromium on my system too but didn't try it. Aren't they basically the same code?
I think they are, but I am not sure. It has something to do with licensing I think. Anyway if you reported it for chrome it will probably get fixed on both.