How to Delete Sharing Calendar- IPhone

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Kennedy

How to Delete Sharing Calendar- IPhone

Post by Kennedy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:19 am

I keep getting notifications that someone (a family member) who wants me to share my IPhone calendar with them. Up until today, I've just been clearing this notification. Today, I tried to delete the notification permanently, and I think I hit the wrong button. Instead of hitting delete (or decline?), I believe I hit the button to allow sharing. I don't want to share my calendar. How do I fix this?

I googled this, and the instructions say to sign into ICloud and delete the person from there. Since I'm from the stone age, I have been using a hard calendar (but want to start using the calendar on my phone instead). As such, there isn't anything currently in my calendar.

When I log into ICloud Calendar, there isn't anything there (event-wise), and nor can I see the other person's name in an obvious place. I just want to ensure that when I start using my IPhone calendar that I won't be inadvertently sharing my calendar with this other person.

Is there somewhere specific I need to check on ICloud Calendar to make sure it's not being shared with this family member once I start using the Calendar?

RickBoglehead

Re: How to Delete Sharing Calendar- IPhone

Post by RickBoglehead » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:21 am

Avid user of forums on variety of interests-financial, home brewing, F-150, PHEV, home repair, etc. Enjoy learning & passing on knowledge. It's PRINCIPAL, not PRINCIPLE. I ADVISE you to seek ADVICE.

Topic Author
Kennedy

Re: How to Delete Sharing Calendar- IPhone

Post by Kennedy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:30 am

Thank you so much, RickBoglehead. This helped a lot! I found the shared symbol and clicked on it. No one's name came up, so I assume I am not sharing my (blank) calendar with anyone. Thanks, again!