Cell Phone Case and Screen Protector?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Kennedy

Cell Phone Case and Screen Protector?

Post by Kennedy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:51 pm

I'm looking for a case and screen protector for an IPhone xs. Someone suggested using Qmadix Liquid Glass with a Tech 21 case. Reviews on Amazon for the Qmadix product were mixed.

I tend to drop my phone a lot.

Any suggestions?

yukonjack

Re: Cell Phone Case and Screen Protector?

Post by yukonjack » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:58 pm

I’ve had good luck with a brand called Spigen from Amazon. Although it is on the light side which works for me. Since you drop your phone a lot you might want to look at something like an Otter Box.

benway

Post by benway » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:17 pm

Can’t comment on screen protectors but I just bought a new case. I ended up with an Otterbox Symmetry. I found the quality was much better than others I looked at. You can check them out at Best Buy if you want to see before you purchase. I am very pleased.

walkabout

Post by walkabout » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:19 pm

I have had good success with speck cases. I am using one now.

I don’t use a screen protector but I’ve known people who got a screen protector applied in-store by a machine. Seems like a good way to get a screen protector, if you need one. Not sure if they got it at an Apple store or phone (eg ATT) store.

Small Law Survivor

Post by Small Law Survivor » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:21 pm

amFilm Glass Screen Protector has saved my bacon quite a few times. I am a true believer.
68 yrs, semi-retired lawyer, 50/40/10 s/b/c, 70/30 dom/int'l. Plan: 4% WR until age 70, 3% after social security kicks in. Boglehead since day 1 (and M* Diehard before that) under various other names

3dream3

Post by 3dream3 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:32 pm

wageoghe wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:19 pm
I have had good success with speck cases. I am using one now.
I actually just bought a Speck Presidio case for my daughter a few mins ago. My wife is using one currently on her iphone and my daughter just got a new to her (refurbished) iphone so my wife said get her the same speck. My wife does not use a screen protector and the speck has been holding up very well thus far.