Robot Window Cleaner?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Kennedy

Robot Window Cleaner?

Post by Kennedy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:47 am

I have a Roomba to vacuum my carpets and an Braava Jet to mop my floors. (Love them both!) I saw that Costco has something called the Ecovacs Winbot X, which is a robot that cleans windows, glass shower doors and glass table tops.

There are only 3 reviews for this on the Costco website, and they're mixed.

Has anyone tried this? I'm thinking it would (hopefully) be an easy way to keep my windows clean without having to haul out the ladder and other equipment.

serbeer

Re: Robot Window Cleaner?

Post by serbeer » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:28 pm

I'd love to hear from someone with personal experience too, but these are not common so chances of someone on the forum using those are pretty slim...

One thing is for sure, if they ever combine that with dron to carry it from windows to window, I'd buy immediately. The way it is now, I'd still need a ladder to place it onto 2nd story windows and move it over perimeter of the house. Lower story windows I can easily wash myself once a year anyway...

arrieros81

Post by arrieros81 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:19 pm

I’m just wondering how that thing even saves time attaching it and removing it from window to window.

Takes forever just to do the job too from the video in the link, and apparently doesn’t clean all that well.

https://the-gadgeteer.com/2018/11/28/ec ... ot-review/
Last edited by arrieros81 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rebellovw

Post by rebellovw » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:24 pm

Unless it fly's around the house inside and out cleaning the windows - doesn't seem very useful.

I have a window cleaner that charges 200.00 - to clean all windows of the house and all screens. Great deal.