Internet Newsletters [NOT Investment Newsletters]

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
librarianaire

Internet Newsletters [NOT Investment Newsletters]

Post by librarianaire » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:43 pm

I’ve enjoyed the many Boglehead threads about podcasts, so I want to start one about a similar trend, Internet Newsletters. Which Internet Newsletters do you like?

Note: I'm not asking about Investment Newsletters like the ones that Mark Hulbert tracks in The Hulbert Financial Digest. Those have already been discussed in this forum many, many times. I'm asking about Internet Newsletters, like the ones described in Clive Thompson's Wired article, "The Blissfully Slow World of Internet Newsletters."

Some of my Boglehead-ish favorites:
  • The Skimm: an efficient way to stay informed without feeling depressed about the state of the world or the state of journalism.
  • Sweat Science: evidence-based journalism, mostly focused on endurance sports and other fitness-related topics.
  • Audible Feast: my favorite source for new podcast recommendations.
  • Memos from Howard Marks: it's a newsletter related to investing, not an Investment Newsletter. Marks doesn't give advice and he's not selling his own funds, at least not to me (I don't have nearly enough money to qualify).
“Our own experience provides the basic material for our imagination, whose range is therefore limited.” Thomas Nagel, What is it like to be a bat?