Paying thousands per ticket to attend the NFL Super Bowl?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
OldBallCoach

Re: Paying thousands per ticket to attend the NFL Super Bowl?

Post by OldBallCoach »

I have been to several Super Bowls and I find them to be a lot of fun, IF you going to the game as an experience it is a lot of fun...if you are going to watch an actual game its kind of over blown. You are watching two teams of amazing athletes on the field but also the host venue has a lot to do wiuth the whole deal. You get much better coverage watching on TV at home of course but if you are into the whole game deal there is really nothing like it at the Pro level. Personally since I work in college I think the NC game or the semis are more fun since the fans are usually nuts at both games..bands, fans, alumni pulling for the teams...still $$$ however...by the way the Saints got jobbed.
Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 »

I've been to three Super Bowls, two were work related, though my particular activities were completed before kick-off. The other Super Bowl was when DW and I were in a service club, and sold programs before the game. We were allowed in after a few minutes into the game.

Today I wouldn't pay to see any NFL game. I just don't much care, probably as a result of having an NFL franchise in the region that has been abysmal for years. Plus my boyhood favorite team has been almost as abysmal.

No way I would spend thousands to see any sporting event, but I do know a lot of folks enjoy the full game experience. To each their own. I prefer to watch on our large TV, fortified by snacks and beer purchased for far less $$$ than the billionaire owners sell theirs.

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven then I shall not go. " -Mark Twain
mickroark

Post by mickroark »

Nope, last game I went to I took an RTD bus to an Oakland Raiders game and had beer spilled all over me.

I was however entertained on the bus ride. It was like a ride that was going to a Federal Prison. :arrow:
Big Snack

Post by Big Snack »

My family has had NFL season tickets for over 60 years. Going to the games has been a family tradition. I started going to games when I was 5 years old. Our team has been lucky enough to go to multiple Superbowls. However, they have a lottery for Superbowl tickets and very few seasons tickets holders actually get Superbowl tickets, so we missed out for years. One year my father and brother had their accounts picked in the lottery and we got to go. It was a great game and our team won. It was one of the best experiences of my life. It means even more now since I got to do it with the best father ever and he passed away a couple of years ago. There is a picture of us at that game on my desk.
likegarden

Post by likegarden »

I watch these games at home. I do not need stress when seeing that my team is losing, so I simply turn it off a while or see another channel until the game future for my time looks bright again. Yesterday the Patriots played great before half time and in the only drive during Overtime.
AlphaLess

Post by AlphaLess »

S&L1940 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:34 pm
samsdad wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:18 pm No. No longer interested in watching the NFL.
Usually the local paper has the results the next day, good enough for me.
My local paper (google) has the results in real time.
"A Republic, if you can keep it". Benjamin Franklin. 1787. | Party affiliation: Vanguard. Religion: low-cost investing.
AlphaLess

Post by AlphaLess »

Big Snack wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:50 am My family has had NFL season tickets for over 60 years. Going to the games has been a family tradition. I started going to games when I was 5 years old. Our team has been lucky enough to go to multiple Superbowls. However, they have a lottery for Superbowl tickets and very few seasons tickets holders actually get Superbowl tickets, so we missed out for years. One year my father and brother had their accounts picked in the lottery and we got to go. It was a great game and our team won. It was one of the best experiences of my life. It means even more now since I got to do it with the best father ever and he passed away a couple of years ago. There is a picture of us at that game on my desk.
:!:
"A Republic, if you can keep it". Benjamin Franklin. 1787. | Party affiliation: Vanguard. Religion: low-cost investing.
FireProof

Post by FireProof »

Well, I'm poor, and have never watched a football game in my life, so no. But I'd pay an amount in proportion to my poverty to go to an important NBA game or tennis tournament.

And for people who are well-off and big football fans, it seems like an experience that might be worth having at least once.
Last edited by FireProof on Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
stan1

Post by stan1 »

This is going the way of many Boglehead consumer product threads. Any purchase others enjoy that I don't enjoy is frivolous but purchases I like are absolutely worth it. Countless threads on RVs, boats, horses, dogs, jewelry, premium airfare, international vacations, any car other than a Toyota Corolla, furniture, high cost of living areas, watches, organic produce, Apple products, and on and on.

I'd point out this thread where a forum member won a high value golf themed prize package including clubs and trips to a golf tournament. She and her family enjoy golf but wasn't sure it would be worth it to pay the taxes on the prize. She got a lot of advice to turn it down but she went, and enjoyed it a lot then came back to tell us she made the right decision for her!

viewtopic.php?t=231394&start=100

If the Super Bowl is an experience you'd enjoy with your family and friends by all means go. I'm assuming you might be a Rams fan so its been a long time and if you live in LA you'll be part of the return of football to the city for the rest of your life.
munemaker

Post by munemaker »

ResearchMed wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:09 pm
Global100 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:06 pm Would you (or have you ever) paid thousands per ticket to attend the NFL Super Bowl game? Share your thoughts and/or experiences if "worth" it.
No.
I also wouldn't pay $1 to attend the Super Bowl
I agree and would much rather watch it on TV.

I don't like crowds, high prices and waiting in lines.
Last edited by munemaker on Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
smitcat

Post by smitcat »

Broken Man 1999 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:22 am I've been to three Super Bowls, two were work related, though my particular activities were completed before kick-off. The other Super Bowl was when DW and I were in a service club, and sold programs before the game. We were allowed in after a few minutes into the game.

Today I wouldn't pay to see any NFL game. I just don't much care, probably as a result of having an NFL franchise in the region that has been abysmal for years. Plus my boyhood favorite team has been almost as abysmal.

No way I would spend thousands to see any sporting event, but I do know a lot of folks enjoy the full game experience. To each their own. I prefer to watch on our large TV, fortified by snacks and beer purchased for far less $$$ than the billionaire owners sell theirs.

Broken Man 1999
How about the Olympics? I have found that is a great time and learning experience.
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

stan1 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:06 am This is going the way of many Boglehead consumer product threads. Any purchase others enjoy that I don't enjoy is frivolous but purchases I like are absolutely worth it. Countless threads on RVs, boats, horses, dogs, jewelry, premium airfare, international vacations, any car other than a Toyota Corolla, furniture, high cost of living areas, watches, organic produce, Apple products, and on and on.

I'd point out this thread where a forum member won a high value golf themed prize package including clubs and trips to a golf tournament. She and her family enjoy golf but wasn't sure it would be worth it to pay the taxes on the prize. She got a lot of advice to turn it down but she went, and enjoyed it a lot then came back to tell us she made the right decision for her!

If the Super Bowl is an experience you'd enjoy with your family and friends by all means go. I'm assuming you might be a Rams fan so its been a long time and if you live in LA you'll be part of the return of football to the city for the rest of your life.
I disagree.

I'm sensing this thread - thus far, at least - to be VERY different from the "$5k watch" type of threads.

People here are saying, as I did, NO THANK YOU!
However, we are *NOT* saying "That's totally stupid for YOU to do it, and you don't belong here on BH either".

This thread makes sense.

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 »

smitcat wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:08 am
Broken Man 1999 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:22 am I've been to three Super Bowls, two were work related, though my particular activities were completed before kick-off. The other Super Bowl was when DW and I were in a service club, and sold programs before the game. We were allowed in after a few minutes into the game.

Broken Man 1999
How about the Olympics? I have found that is a great time and learning experience.
Might be interesting, for sure. Certainly a better spend of dollars than many pro sports franchise games, IMHO.

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven then I shall not go. " -Mark Twain
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

stan1 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:06 am This is going the way of many Boglehead consumer product threads. Any purchase others enjoy that I don't enjoy is frivolous but purchases I like are absolutely worth it.
True enough. If the OP has enough money, go for it. If they can spend $8k - $10k for two people, and not impact their retirement plans, then they can afford to go.

The question is, is it worth the premium? That's a personal decision. It's a very large premium.
A Goldman Sachs associate provided a variety of detailed explanations, but then offered a caveat, “If I’m being dead-### honest, though, nobody knows what’s really going on.”
JackoC

Post by JackoC »

stan1 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:06 am This is going the way of many Boglehead consumer product threads. Any purchase others enjoy that I don't enjoy is frivolous but purchases I like are absolutely worth it. Countless threads on RVs, boats, horses, dogs, jewelry, premium airfare, international vacations, any car other than a Toyota Corolla, furniture, high cost of living areas, watches, organic produce, Apple products, and on and on.
I actually find this thread so far relatively free of scoldy posts telling other people not to spend money. A lot or most of the responses have said the poster themselves would not pay $1k's per ticket to go to a SB, but that's just answering the question.

I would not either. I'm moderately interested in the NFL. I watch some regular season games, most playoff games and almost always the Super Bowl. But I'm not particularly a fan of any team. I doubt I'd feel I got value out of paying $k's per ticket (and it would be at least two). I'm sure I won't seriously regret not having done it. As others have mentioned, purely to appreciate the game itself TV is better: the angles, the close ups, the commentary, etc. Being there live is witnessing another aspect of the spectacle but you can't see the game itself as well.
Case59

Post by Case59 »

I have little interest in the Super Bowl. I'd go to the NCAA Final Four or the NBA finals if I could find remotely reasonable tickets. I've been to NCAA regional and NBA playoff games, and they were a ton of fun.
"Most quotations on the internet are incorrect."-Mark Twain
remomnyc

Post by remomnyc »

If I loved football and I could afford it, yes. Even though I personally wouldn't spend a penny on football tickets, I paid over $2k for 4 tickets to take my kids to see Hamilton, and it was totally worth it.
quantAndHold

Post by quantAndHold »

If I was still working, and actually liked football, yes. The live event is so much better than watching it on TV.
Yes, I’m really that pedantic.
lazydavid

Post by lazydavid »

I watch quite a bit of football (4-6 games most weeks), but wouldn't even go to a game for my local team, let alone to one of the busiest airports in the country during a government shutdown. :P

Now if I could have made it work, I would have been more than happy to spend "Super Bowl money" to attend the World Series of Lacrosse in Netanya, Israel last summer. My son's coaches played for Hungary, Puerto Rico, and Ireland, so it would have been totally awesome to see that in person.
smitcat

Post by smitcat »

lazydavid wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:38 am I watch quite a bit of football (4-6 games most weeks), but wouldn't even go to a game for my local team, let alone to one of the busiest airports in the country during a government shutdown. :P

Now if I could have made it work, I would have been more than happy to spend "Super Bowl money" to attend the World Series of Lacrosse in Netanya, Israel last summer. My son's coaches played for Hungary, Puerto Rico, and Ireland, so it would have been totally awesome to see that in person.
Interesting - my daughter is friends with a dozen or more MLL players that are often at our home.
Are you aware of the new league they have formed?
DiMAn0684

Post by DiMAn0684 »

I feel like the consensus here is that people are willing to pay thousands (or reasonable amount wrt their income / net worth) to go see an event they're passionate about, be it a sporting event, a show or a concert.
Cosmo

Post by Cosmo »

Global100 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:06 pm Would you (or have you) paid thousands per ticket to attend the NFL Super Bowl game? Share your thoughts and/or experiences if was worth it.

To watch the Patriots play the Rams? Could there be a more boring match up? I will not and have not.

Cosmo
Cosmo

Post by Cosmo »

DiMAn0684 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:59 am I feel like the consensus here is that people are willing to pay thousands (or reasonable amount wrt their income / net worth) to go see an event they're passionate about, be it a sporting event, a show or a concert.
Are you reading the same thread as me?
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

DiMAn0684 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:59 am I feel like the consensus here is that people are willing to pay thousands (or reasonable amount wrt their income / net worth) to go see an event they're passionate about, be it a sporting event, a show or a concert.
Again, first question is "Can you afford it?"

Second question is "Is the premium worth it?"

Let's all assume the OP and most of the people in this thread can afford it.

The second question is personal and subjective, but we CAN talk about it somewhat.

For me, the jump in prices is way too much. I could have gone to the AFC Championship game and gotten two very good seats for $1000. Two cheap seats for $400. Spending $8000 on SuperBowl tickets is a huge premium.

I don't think many of us here like to waste money.

Some here don't like to spend money at all, but even those of us who are willing to spend money for experiences and material goods don't want to WASTE money by spending too much.

There is a real difference between can you afford something and is it worth it.

I can afford a $50 beer, but I'm not going to pay that much for it.

The premium for SuperBowl is way too high in my opinion. But that's just my opinion.
A Goldman Sachs associate provided a variety of detailed explanations, but then offered a caveat, “If I’m being dead-### honest, though, nobody knows what’s really going on.”
JMacDonald

Post by JMacDonald »

OK, If I wanted Super Bowl tickets at this point because the LA Rams are in it, what would it cost:
I want good seats, plus hotel, and airfare, and other expensive for two. Well, maybe $30,000.
Sure, why not? :shock:

https://www.stubhub.com/super-bowl-tick ... =price+asc
Best Wishes, | Joe
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Would have been useful to find out how many Regular Season NFL games people go to before getting their Super Bowl answer.
In my case, the one and only NFL game I attended was back in 1970 so I'm not a huge in-person football fan.

But I do have Red Sox weekend season tickets since 1986 and attend about 13 games each season at Fenway Park. So would I go to a World Series game? Yes, indeed, I will and have, most recently last October...
Attempted new signature...
abner kravitz

Post by abner kravitz »

I love football, and my team is playing in the Super Bowl within driving distance, but I personally would not pay much if anything to attend in person. Football was made for TV, and the coverage is excellent. Some people like the experience at the game, but it's just not for me. I would be tempted to pay big dollars for the Stanley Cup though; some sports are just better to watch in person.
wander

Post by wander »

No, I rather enjoy watching the super bowl at home than for free.
Hockey10

Post by Hockey10 »

No. My team has either not been invited to participate, or has lost 52 of the past 53 years. It is bad enough watching someone else's favorite team win on TV each year. :( At least that does not cost me anything.
auggiedoggies

Post by auggiedoggies »

ResearchMed wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:10 am

I disagree.

I'm sensing this thread - thus far, at least - to be VERY different from the "$5k watch" type of threads.

However, we are *NOT* saying "That's totally stupid for YOU to do it, and you don't belong here on BH either".

This thread makes sense.

RM

I genuinely don't understand the point of this thread, or any other one of it's type.

The answer to all of them is quite simple, and it's the exact same for every single one of them.

If you can afford it, and it's important to you, then yes, go. Spend the money. If you can't afford it, or it's something that you have no interest in, don't go. It's incredibly simple.
GammaPoint

Post by GammaPoint »

Nope. I have a hard enough time making sure I have enough time for myself to work out. Definitely don't need to pay a bunch of money to watch other people do it.
Topic Author
Global100

Post by Global100 »

Thank you for sharing thoughts and experiences. I have appreciated the replies.
dbr

Post by dbr »

Between those who would pay thousands to attend a super bowl and those who couldn't be paid thousands to attend a super bowl is a cultural gulf a million miles wide. This might be similar the gulf between those who would pay hundreds to attend a live rock concert and those who couldn't be paid hundreds or thousands to attend. That is just part of the inexplicable phenomena of life.
Doom&Gloom

Post by Doom&Gloom »

I would if there were some particularly strong attraction. What turns me off more than the price of the ticket is having to deal with the mob, transportation, crowding in the location (restaurants, hotels, etc), inconsiderate fans, and poor view of the game itself compared to TV.

I have watched all of them on TV. I have never seriously considered attending one in person. These days I much prefer to watch at home with just family rather than at parties which distract me from the game itself. Looking forward to the upcoming one--but not so much for the months-long wait until football season begins again.
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

auggiedoggies wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:58 am
ResearchMed wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:10 am

I disagree.

This thread makes sense.

RM

I genuinely don't understand the point of this thread, or any other one of it's type.

The answer to all of them is quite simple, and it's the exact same for every single one of them.

If you can afford it, and it's important to you, then yes, go. Spend the money. If you can't afford it, or it's something that you have no interest in, don't go. It's incredibly simple.
I wish these threads were always so "simple", but alas, they often aren't :annoyed

However, I'm also not sure about the rationale, or at least the "actionable" part, unless it's phrased with some regard to an OP's specific financial situation and goals.
... and even then, it's still "is it important to *you*, and can you afford it", unless it's a slam dunk "you've got enough to do/buy this many times over" or "not a chance, if you also want food to eat".

RM
F150HD

Post by F150HD »

Global100 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:06 pm Would you (or have you) paid thousands per ticket to attend the NFL Super Bowl game? Share your thoughts and/or experiences if was worth it.
you should change first post to address people who actually LIKE and follow football, else you get some opinions (mostly negative) of people who don't follow the sport, know absolutely nothing about it, or just want to bash it. Cannot see how that is useful in addressing your question.

I follow football...and if the price were right and it wasn't a huge inconvenience I might consider going. But the cost is very high.

Also, most people that go to the SB aren't necessarily fans of the teams who are playing so the crowd factor is completely different then the games that were on yesterday.

On that note- I'd rather opt for a Playoff game, Wildcard or Championship, where the people attending are the actual fans for that team- that's a huge enhancement to the experience IMO.

Last nights KC/Pats game is probably as good as it'll get for this season. I dont' think the SB will be as exciting.
Long is the way and hard, that out of Hell leads up to light.
DarthSage

Post by DarthSage »

I have no interest in watching any football game, so "no" from me. I stay home where I can pig out and watch the commercials.

However, I did send my better half up to Boston this past October, to watch Game 2 of the World Series with his brother (who had Red Sox season tickets, and thus, access to World Series tickets). It was a bucket list thing for him, I'm glad they got to go. I would consider letting him do something similar with the Patriots, but he's not such a football fan--he'd probably want to go, and would enjoy himself. It's just not so much of a passion for him.
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

dbr wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:13 pm Between those who would pay thousands to attend a super bowl and those who couldn't be paid thousands to attend a super bowl is a cultural gulf a million miles wide. This might be similar the gulf between those who would pay hundreds to attend a live rock concert and those who couldn't be paid hundreds or thousands to attend. That is just part of the inexplicable phenomena of life.
This is why I suggested qualifying the answers by finding out how many Regular Season NFL games each responded attends...
Attempted new signature...
Topic Author
Global100

Post by Global100 »

you should change first post to address people who actually LIKE and follow football, else you get some opinions (mostly negative) of people who don't follow the sport, know absolutely nothing about it, or just want to bash it.
OP edited. Good suggestion.
lthenderson

Post by lthenderson »

I once won box seat tickets to see the Rams when they were a team here in the Midwest. While the experience of being in box seats (and costing me nothing) was a nice experience, I would much rather watch any football game on television where I can actually see plays and replays without the need for binoculars. It is also nice that I don't have to walk a mile or wait in line to use a restroom or purchase expensive food. I also like the ability to enjoy the game with a few friends nearby. So no, I would not pay anything for a Superbowl ticket. I might go if given to me and it was for box seats.
Dontwasteit

Post by Dontwasteit »

I wouldn't go if the tickets were free. I have been boycotting the NFL. I do miss watching but a man has to do what a man has to do.
dbr

Post by dbr »

Global100 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:35 pm
you should change first post to address people who actually LIKE and follow football, else you get some opinions (mostly negative) of people who don't follow the sport, know absolutely nothing about it, or just want to bash it.
Well, I tend to follow pro football a little and watch the occasional game in TV. I have attended one pro football game in a stadium. That said you couldn't pay me to attend the Superbowl because I wouldn't be able to stand the noise and a huge stadium is a terrible place to actually see a football game compared to TV even if you do get the perspective of the whole field rather than the camera angle they want to give you. That is aside from all the inconvenience of getting there, dealing with the crowd etc. I can go over to the stadium of the local Div III college team and actually see a football game if I want to.

I think most people who attend football games in stadiums do it for the experience and to observe "their" team win or lose, not because the game of football is intrinsically interesting. I watch football regardless of who is playing because it is an interesting sport. I couldn't care less which team wins or loses.
friar1610

Post by friar1610 »

I probably watch 3-4 NFL games all the way through on TV every season. I enjoy watching them but don't let my Sundays revolve around them. (I live in Patriot Nation where everyone assumes you've watched every minute of every Pats' game.) So, no, I wouldn't pay thousands (or probably even ticket face value) to go to the Super Bowl. But I would be very interested in going to a World Series game at Fenway, even at a crazy, inflated price. Same goes for the NCAA Final Four.
Friar1610
Topic Author
Global100

Post by Global100 »

The least expensive tickets to buy directly from the NFL (face value) for recent Super Bowls averaged about $3500.
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

dbr wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:05 pm
Global100 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:35 pm
Well, I tend to follow pro football a little and watch the occasional game in TV. I have attended one pro football game in a stadium. That said you couldn't pay me to attend the Superbowl because I wouldn't be able to stand the noise and a huge stadium is a terrible place to actually see a football game compared to TV even if you do get the perspective of the whole field rather than the camera angle they want to give you. That is aside from all the inconvenience of getting there, dealing with the crowd etc. I can go over to the stadium of the local Div III college team and actually see a football game if I want to.

I think most people who attend football games in stadiums do it for the experience and to observe "their" team win or lose, not because the game of football is intrinsically interesting. I watch football regardless of who is playing because it is an interesting sport. I couldn't care less which team wins or loses.
[emphasis added]

Your last bit, the part I bolded above...

I enjoy watching something done well, regardless of which team/who does it.
Be it sport or concert or whatever...

So IF I happen to see a really GOOD play (and yes, I was glancing at the game last night, while DH was watching), so I got to see a few replays when he said, "Hey, watch THIS!". And I was genuinely astonished at a few of the plays, and especially one of the catches, with a "How DO they DO that!?"
But I don't care if it is Team A or B or the same team practicing against themselves (though I have few opportunities to watch that).
Or a gymnast who seems to have taken some anti-gravity pill (a floor mat exercise just recently comes to mind - wow!).
Or a cellist, making a particular passage, well, sometimes achingly beautiful...
Or someone in ballet who somehow jumps and seemingly just hangs there in the air!?

But I do NOT understand the "my team vs them", especially some of the nastiness that can break out. ZERO understanding of that.
No, I'm more a "peace and unicorn type of gal"... :wink: ... in my little bubble...

RM
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

lthenderson wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:58 pm I would much rather watch any football game on television where I can actually see plays and replays without the need for binoculars. It is also nice that I don't have to walk a mile or wait in line to use a restroom or purchase expensive food. I also like the ability to enjoy the game with a few friends nearby. So no, I would not pay anything for a Superbowl ticket. I might go if given to me and it was for box seats.
Completely agree and I played D1 college football. While I love football, I've lost most interest in watching it (haven't watched a non-SuperBowl NFL game in many years) and I really get nothing from the "experience" (I've been to dozens and dozens of live CFB and NFL games). Unless my wife insisted, I likely wouldn't go if box seats were given to me. FWIW, we have corporate box seats for the Utah Jazz which I have had access to for all home games for 4yrs; I've gone 0 times, but I've made a lot of great date nights for some of my employees.
AlphaLess

Post by AlphaLess »

Bingo!

Microeconomics at work.

WHO_CUD_HAVE_NOWN_IT?
oldcomputerguy
Location: In the middle of five acres of woods in East Tennessee

Post by oldcomputerguy »

Global100 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:06 pm I received a suggestion to edit the thread: For those who enjoy following NFL football, is the NFL Super Bowl ticket price worth the experience?
There is absolutely no sports event on this earth that I want to see bad enough to pay that kind of money for a ticket. If a ticket costs me thousands of dollars, there had better be a cruise ship, smooth seas, sunny skies, and several tall, frosty beverages included in the deal.
"I’ve come around to this: If you’re dumb, surround yourself with smart people; and if you’re smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you." (Aaron Sorkin)
theplayer11

Post by theplayer11 »

bob60014 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:49 am Football is one of the worst games to watch live at a stadium as so much of the action/detail is missed, though the huge tv screens have helped somewhat. And unless you have a vested interest in either team, the Super Bowl historically is not the best game of the year. I'll keep my $$$$ and invest it wisely! ;)
so disagree. On TV you have no idea who is breaking open, you only see the QB and have no idea who is covered and who isn't.
theplayer11

Post by theplayer11 »

oldcomputerguy wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:41 pm
Global100 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:06 pm I received a suggestion to edit the thread: For those who enjoy following NFL football, is the NFL Super Bowl ticket price worth the experience?
There is absolutely no sports event on this earth that I want to see bad enough to pay that kind of money for a ticket. If a ticket costs me thousands of dollars, there had better be a cruise ship, smooth seas, sunny skies, and several tall, frosty beverages included in the deal.
to each their own, you would have to pay me to get on a cruise ship LOL