Fidelity HSA: Bill Pay Works From Website, Not in App

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
motorcyclesarecool

Fidelity HSA: Bill Pay Works From Website, Not in App

Post by motorcyclesarecool » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:38 pm

When I attempt to use Online Bill Pay for my HSA in the Fidelity iPhone app, I get an error stating, “We’re sorry but HSA accounts are not available for use with Fidelity BillPay, please select another account.” When I use the Fidelity website, no problem using the bill pay feature from my HSA. My app is up to date. Has anyone else encountered this?
Understand that choosing an HDHP is very much a "red pill" approach. Most would rather pay higher premiums for a $20 copay per visit. They will think you weird for choosing an HSA.

whodidntante

Re: Fidelity HSA: Bill Pay Works From Website, Not in App

Post by whodidntante » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:40 pm

I don't spend the money in my HSA. But if I did, I think I would use a rewards credit card and then withdraw money via ACH to pay the credit card bill. You do not need to pay the medical expenses directly.

Topic Author
motorcyclesarecool

Re: Fidelity HSA: Bill Pay Works From Website, Not in App

Post by motorcyclesarecool » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:59 pm

whodidntante wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:40 pm
I don't spend the money in my HSA. But if I did, I think I would use a rewards credit card and then withdraw money via ACH to pay the credit card bill. You do not need to pay the medical expenses directly.
So I’ll take that as a, “No.”
Understand that choosing an HDHP is very much a "red pill" approach. Most would rather pay higher premiums for a $20 copay per visit. They will think you weird for choosing an HSA.