Engagement Ring (Affordable)

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
BoggledHead2

Engagement Ring (Affordable)

Post by BoggledHead2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:17 am

Any recommendations on sites/jewelers that offer great prices? just can't stomach spending anymore than 10K on this and my significant other is not very flashy/materialistic anyway (huge part of her appeal quite frankly).

I've been so focused on investing/"buying dips" that my oversized emergency fund is now down to 1-year expenses (bare minimum) ... so I'm back to square 1 regarding the "ring fund". Won't be doing this anytime soon, just want to start looking into rings/explore my options.

Thank you BoggleHeads.

MotoTrojan

Re: Engagement Ring (Affordable)

Post by MotoTrojan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:20 am

BoggledHead2 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:17 am
Any recommendations on sites/jewelers that offer great prices? just can't stomach spending anymore than 10K on this and my significant other is not very flashy/materialistic anyway (huge part of her appeal quite frankly).

I've been so focused on investing/"buying dips" that my oversized emergency fund is now down to 1-year expenses (bare minimum) ... so I'm back to square 1 regarding the "ring fund". Won't be doing this anytime soon, just want to start looking into rings/explore my options.

Thank you BoggleHeads.
With a similar partner myself, congrats!

What’s your income and NW?

Topic Author
BoggledHead2

Post by BoggledHead2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:39 am

0 debt, emergency fund = 1 year expenses ...

i can "afford" a huge ring ... Honestly I just can't justify spending (wasting?) so much money on jewelry. i actually find huge rings obnoxious (girl in my office has a 50K+ ring, and it's ridiculous).

magicrat

Post by magicrat » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:42 am

Do you know what your girlfriend wants? Many women would prefer a non-traditional ring, a hand-me-down, or some other unique and/or inexpensive option.

mhalley

Post by mhalley » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:46 am

I hear Costco has good prices, but the main thing is the ability to return it. :oops:

https://clark.com/shopping-retail/3-way ... a-diamond/

FinancialRookie

Post by FinancialRookie » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:52 am

Try and find a local dealer, not one of the box stores like Kay or Jared, they are a rip off. Mom and pop shops are able to be very flexible. For example, my now wife picked out what band she wanted (her best friend slipped me the info) and I picked out the diamond, however with the band included it was out of my budget. They literally gave me the band (which had 36 small diamonds in it to begin with) for $100 just to get my on budget. Also, emerald cuts are fantastic value. They are flatter than princess cuts so you get what appears to be a larger diamond with less karats.

Good luck to you and enjoy the ride!

FinancialRookie

Post by FinancialRookie » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:53 am

mhalley wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:46 am
I hear Costco has good prices, but the main thing is the ability to return it. :oops:

+1 on costco!

sport

Post by sport » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:53 am

mhalley wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:46 am

+1 for Costco. https://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?so ... s&dept=All

IMO, the main thing is that Costco will not cheat you. There are also many to choose from.

sunny_socal

Post by sunny_socal » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:56 am

+1 for Costco

If you can't stomach 10k, how much do you want to spend? If you get the rock from a place like Blue Nile you can get it mounted on a ring of your choice at a local jeweler. You'll save a ton over buying a ready-made ring. (eg. I paid $3k for a 1-ct high quality diamond plus $500 for the ring itself, was platinum.)

david

Post by david » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:57 am

BoggledHead2 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:17 am
My (now) wife wanted a ring that ended up costing about $450, with a blue-green saphire. I would have never guessed that. But we discussed it. I would recommend you do the same. Now, the answer that you get may be that she wants a giant diamond in a platinum setting. Well, then as long as she knows what that costs you have your marching orders. Maybe she wants that but would think it absurd to spend so much and then her wants/expectations will change.

It's worth talking about because she will be wearing it. The surprise will be when you present it to her, if you're both into that.

Other thought, resale of diamonds is aweful. You may be able to pick a stone relatively inexpensively from an estate sale and reset it.

jaguar3003

Post by jaguar3003 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:03 pm

I opted to get lab created gemstones--sapphires. Wife loved this idea, as the thought of wearing a "blood diamond" was a huge turn off to her. Not having to buy a diamond was also a huge cost saver to me.

I was able to get the engagement ring for 1,200 and the wedding ring for a around 1,500.

Looks fantastic, opted for palladium instead of gold.

The company Brilliant Earth may be a good starting spot

Ed_Sandwich

Post by Ed_Sandwich » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:04 pm

david wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:57 am
My (now) wife wanted a ring that ended up costing about $450, with a blue-green saphire. I would have never guessed that. But we discussed it. I would recommend you do the same. Now, the answer that you get may be that she wants a giant diamond in a platinum setting. Well, then as long as she knows what that costs you have your marching orders. Maybe she wants that but would think it absurd to spend so much and then her wants/expectations will change.

It's worth talking about because she will be wearing it. The surprise will be when you present it to her, if you're both into that.

Other thought, resale of diamonds is aweful. You may be able to pick a stone relatively inexpensively from an estate sale and reset it.
I discussed with my wife as well way back when, and she chose something similar. It was <$4k, light sapphire encircled with small diamonds.

Definitely recommend talking about it with your partner. Too big of a purchase to gamble on.

doublehelix

Post by doublehelix » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:05 pm

Blue Nile has a lot of good options, for a good value!

Roothy

Post by Roothy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:07 pm

Know thy spouse. My now-husband surprised me with a very pretty cubic zirconium he bought on the internet for about 20 dollars. He knows me well--there are few things that would bother me more than carrying a couple of thousand dollars of dead weight on my finger, when no one but a jeweler can tell the difference anyway.

If you start with the fake ring, you can both then decide what ring to go with after the proposal.

My husband and I now sport matching silicone bands, which are more comfortable and safe than a metal ring anyway.

Leemiller

Post by Leemiller » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:07 pm

What does your girlfriend want? Why not just propose then ask her what she’d like in a ring? She may or may not want a diamond, used ring, or a Costco ring.

Your best bang for the buck is likely second hand at auction, but some cultures are opposed to used rings. If you really can afford it just propose and let her guide the purchase. But seriously dude, do not offer to take her ring shopping at Costco! You can also try Pricescope- they will probably suggest White Flash.

FWIW, I wear a second hand Tiffany ring with no regrets. It’s also fun having them clean it for free when I’m in the neighborhood.

If you work where a 50k ring is the norm, not sure why this is an issue??

JohnFiscal

Post by JohnFiscal » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:14 pm

Some (many) of the custom rings and settings I have seen on diamond ring forums (pricescope.com, etc) are pretty ugly and ostentatious. Even risible.

But a nice, good quality diamond solitaire on a simple ring (especially platinum or white gold) is really classy looking and classic.

That's my own tastes though.

stoptothink

Post by stoptothink » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:15 pm

Leemiller wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:07 pm
What does your girlfriend want? Why not just propose then ask her what she’d like in a ring? She may or may not want a diamond, used ring, or a Costco ring.

Your best bang for the buck is likely second hand at auction, but some cultures are opposed to used rings. If you really can afford it just propose and let her guide the purchase. But seriously dude, do not offer to take her ring shopping at Costco! You can also try Pricescope- they will probably suggest White Flash.

FWIW, I wear a second hand Tiffany ring with no regrets. It’s also fun having them clean it for free when I’m in the neighborhood.

If you work where a 50k ring is the norm, not sure why this is an issue??
This is what I did, proposed with $2 silicone ring and then let her choose. She chose a morganite in rose gold, from ETSY for ~$500 (which the jeweler down the street appraised for $2800 when we had it cleaned). I was willing to spend several times that, but she doesn't like diamonds. Win win.

runner3081

Post by runner3081 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:10 pm

Silicone ring would be a good start. It is all very specific to her tastes, however.

I spent right around $2.3K on engagement ring and wedding band for my wife. She spent about $150 on my ring. Here we are, 13 years later and they are both in a drawer somewhere. We may go to a silicone one at some point, but wearing our rings just isn't anything that matters to us.

Topic Author
BoggledHead2

Post by BoggledHead2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:12 pm

I know the shape, I know the metal ... I’m just trying to spend as little as possible

I don’t equate this social norm nonsense to “love”, I do love her I just don’t want to waste money

When you get it appraised, does the girl usually come? I’d much rather spend less on a “fake” diamond ... I hear people spending 15+K on rings and it makes me slightly nauseous

dalbright

Post by dalbright » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:14 pm

My wife somehow has gotten more compliments on the <20$ fake ring we got one day at kohls that she wears anytime there is more of a risk of damage or her losing her nice ring such as in the water or at the gym etc. Its really quite entertaining!

sport

Post by sport » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:15 pm

Leemiller wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:07 pm
But seriously dude, do not offer to take her ring shopping at Costco!
You don't want to shop for this type of purchase at a Costco store. At Costco.com, there are 420 diamond rings ranging in price from $99.99 to a 10 carat monster at $419,999.99. There are many beautiful options, at all price levels; nothing to be ashamed of.

Topic Author
BoggledHead2

Post by BoggledHead2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:23 pm

dalbright wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:14 pm
My wife somehow has gotten more compliments on the <20$ fake ring we got one day at kohls that she wears anytime there is more of a risk of damage or her losing her nice ring such as in the water or at the gym etc. Its really quite entertaining!
Exactly why I refuse to spend a ton of money on this haha

surfstar

Post by surfstar » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:39 pm

gemvara.com- let me/us get the specific green (peridot) stone she wanted. In a "wave/ocean" type ring. White gold, with wedding band, less than $900. Used $50 coupons for new customers at the time :)

My ring was $45 from Overstock.com (cobalt chrome, matches white gold very well) - the most expensive one of the lot I tried!

Anything more seemed absurd. $10k? That was about our DIY wedding budget. She beat me on the clothes too - $35 dress. My getup was $50+?

When we saw how like-minded we were financially, that definitely solidified long-term dating plans.

surfstar

Post by surfstar » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:40 pm

BoggledHead2 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:23 pm
dalbright wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:14 pm
Exactly why I refuse to spend a ton of money on this haha
pssst - $10k IS a lot of money

simplesimon

Post by simplesimon » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:43 pm

I'm guessing your girlfriend wants a nice piece of jewelry if your budget is $10k.

I had a great experience with WhiteFlash and believe they (and other similar vendors recommended on Pricescope) offer the best value assuming you're looking for a round or princess cut.

Topic Author
BoggledHead2

Post by BoggledHead2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:52 pm

10K in my area is “average”

I’m trying to spend half that if possible

DarkHelmetII

Post by DarkHelmetII » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:00 pm

I bought my wife a diamond from Gemesis which is now https://www.puregrowndiamonds.com/. Basically the diamond was grown in a lab - otherwise has supposedly has the same chemical and physical properties as a natural diamond; it doesn't have any of the stimulant or cubic zirconia.

For us it was a perfect middle ground. More reasonably priced than a mined diamond but still very much a "real" diamond and at least for the 4+ years has been holding up just fine.

unclescrooge

Post by unclescrooge » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:02 pm

sunny_socal wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:56 am
+1 for Costco

If you can't stomach 10k, how much do you want to spend? If you get the rock from a place like Blue Nile you can get it mounted on a ring of your choice at a local jeweler. You'll save a ton over buying a ready-made ring. (eg. I paid $3k for a 1-ct high quality diamond plus $500 for the ring itself, was platinum.)
+1 for blue Nile. Make sure you buy a vsi or better diamond, that has no visible inclusions. I think the term is eye-clear. When you place your order, you can ask them to double check before shipping.

I white diamond is more expensive than a colored one, but that's a personal preference.

I had it set locally at Robbins Bros. An additional benefit was free lifetime cleaning and resizing, something your wife may need after child birth.

Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:30 pm

As others said, ask the woman in your life what she wants. Propose a budget which you both agree on. Also make sure she thinks about the setting. A diamond that lifts high above the band will snag clothes - especially winter gloves.

Good luck.

Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:31 pm

As others said, ask the woman in your life what she wants. Propose a budget which you both agree on. Also make sure she thinks about the setting. A diamond that lifts high above the band will snag clothes - especially winter gloves.

Good luck.

pejp

Post by pejp » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:35 pm

I bought mine off a guy I know who owns a jewelry store. He said a good way to save a little money is to not buy integers. i.e. people want to be able to say they have a 1ct or 2ct, whereas a 0.9 or 1.85 is pretty much the same, but you won't pay a premium the whole numbers command.

Also, I'm sure others have said, but it's all about quality. I bought a very high quality .8ct vs a lower quality 1ct, and it looks so much better. I'm not a proponent of spending crazy money, but if you're going to spend the money, get as high quality as you can get and let size be a secondary concern.

Topic Author
BoggledHead2

Post by BoggledHead2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:49 pm

Much appreciated, thank you all!

Shame it’s become such a social pressure/competition for people. My girlfriend’s brother just dropped 15k on a ring that looks pretty meh, which terrified me haha

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:08 pm

Don't buy her a fake. At some point in her life, she'll most likely need to get it resized or new prongs or something. Starting off your married life with a lie isn't a good idea.

I like diamonds and like nice jewelry. I vote for estate jewelry. You can buy a nice stone and get it reset into a modern setting of her choosing. It will be a whole lot less than buying new. But as always, involve her in the process.

I've been married for 37 years and haven't taken my engagement ring off for more than a few days (prong repair) in all that time. I look at it several times a day and it still makes me smile.

raveon

Post by raveon » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:17 pm

1. My wife picked out her ring on her own at first.

2. I looked at her choice, and told her it was garbage and very high price for me ($8-10K). I told her what my budget was (~$5K) and what I could afford (we paid for our entire wedding (actually 2 weddings, one in each culture) by ourselves)

3. We fought a little as she was initially disappointed. I stood my ground and told her to search more and be patient.

4. She took my advice, looked around more and found a nice ring to her liking at Macy's. She waited until she could get the maximum sale/coupons applied. In the end, it ended up being around $3.5K. I liked this choice as well.

5. Over the 6 years, I completed the set slowly by purchasing the matching earring, necklace, and bangles. I was very grateful to her for understanding back then (limited budget). In then end, she is very satisfied with the outcome.

Play the long game. Don't go for broke up front :D.

KJVanguard

Post by KJVanguard » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:26 pm

https://www.birkatelyon.com for when you realize that nobody but a jeweler under magnification can tell the difference between a diamond and cubic zirconia.

Yeah, I know CZ is not a "girl's best friend," but it will have to be good enough for any woman who decides to love me.

dlrkw9mu

Post by dlrkw9mu » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:29 pm

Have you looked into moissanite?

Moissanite was my wife's stone of choice. It's beautiful & durable, and the ring was somewhere in the $1k range.

Edit: It goes without saying, but make sure you guys have talked about what she wants before you make the purchase.

Watty

Post by Watty » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:37 pm

Some things to watch out for;

1) A case can be made that you do not need a real high grade diamond for a ring. The problem is that it will get dirty so quickly that a high grade diamond will not look all that much better than a lessor grade diamond unless it has been recently cleaned.

2) I have also heard it said that it does not make a lot of sense to pay a lot extra for a near colorless diamond if you are going to mount it in a yellow gold ring because the diamond will pick up the yellow color from the ring.

I bought my wife a diamond ring at a local high end estate auction house. In today's dollars it was around $2,000. It was a bit less that three quarters of a caret and not a real high grade stone. I bought it before I asked her to marry me and she was not at the auction. There were several rings that were being auctioned that day that would have been acceptable so I was under no pressure to buy that ring, or any ring that day. I figure I probably got it at around a wholesale price. The auction house guaranteed that the diamond was "as described" and I have a couple of days to get it appraised to check it out. The appraisal came out fine.

My original idea was that she could then pick out a ring that she liked and have the stone mounted in it. It turned out the loved the ring since it was an unusual carved gold ring that you don't see too often. We had the ring resized and had a custom matching wedding band made, but the custom wedding band ended up costing about the same as the engagement ring. :oops:

Even before we were married she would occasionally get compliments on the ring from strangers when she was out and about. That sort of bothered her since it made her feel conspicuous and she could sometimes turn the diamond around so it was not visible or leave the ring at home since she did not feel comfortable wearing it. The ring was insured so losing it or having it stolen was not a problem, she just felt that having an expensive looking diamond might make her a target for being mugged even though she was not going to bad parts of town.

We ended up getting her a plain wedding band that matches mine which is her every day ring. For a while she would wear the diamond ring a couple of times a year but she has not worn it for several years now so it is in the safe.

I would encourage you to talk with her about what she wants and would feel comfortable with wearing, she may not want a real expensive ring. I have only half jokingly suggest that if you are going to spend $10K on a ring that you should go to the bank and get $10K in cash and have your finance carry that around with her for a week so see if she is comfortable with that.

ladycat

Post by ladycat » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:49 pm

Lots of good suggestions so far. Since your lady isn't flashy or materialistic, does she even want a traditional engagement ring? Is there something that reflects your interests & dating activities that would be meaningful & memorable. My engagement ring was a <$1.00 cent cherry ring pop. Only regret is that about a year later I found it melted in a drawer. 15 years later DH and I still laugh about it.
Last edited by ladycat on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tamarind

Post by Tamarind » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:55 pm

Yet another person here to say "ask her what she wants!". No one should be really surprised by a proposal, so you'll have plenty of opportunities to learn what she'd like.

My Bogleheaded wife did not want an engagement ring at all nor anything with a diamond, but wanted to spend "more" (~$1600 each) on custom wedding bands.

leeks

Post by leeks » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:09 pm

My husband picked out an interesting handmade silver ring at a local jewelry store for about $300 when he proposed. He was a grad student at the time but could have easily afforded more even then. Diamonds are absolute BS to me, but of course what matters is her opinion of them.

Maybe you can propose with an inexpensive non-diamond ring, then ask her if she wants to pick out a 10K ring or plan a 10K vacation (or five 2K vacations!).

DrGoogle2017

Post by DrGoogle2017 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:12 pm

KJVanguard wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:26 pm
https://www.birkatelyon.com for when you realize that nobody but a jeweler under magnification can tell the difference between a diamond and cubic zirconia.

Yeah, I know CZ is not a "girl's best friend," but it will have to be good enough for any woman who decides to love me.
Kid’s business partner boutght CZ for his future wife. So far so good. The girl also came from reasonably well off family, I mean not poor.

go140point6

Post by go140point6 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:29 pm

jaguar3003 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:03 pm
The company Brilliant Earth may be a good starting spot
I had a good experience with Brilliant Earth back in 2012. Was able to pick out the exact diamond online from current inventory and opted for palladium. It was a smaller traditional round diamond (1/3 carat) but perfectly proportioned in cut. We're both athletic and I knew my wife would prefer something modest and light-weight. But even more importantly was that the diamond came out of Canada (my wife being Canadian also made that an important point for me). It was $1500 total and looking back I have no regrets.

Our wedding bands ended up being titanium with carbon fiber inlays made by Bruce Boone (we picked these out together... less than $400 for the two I think). He used to make titanium bike parts that are still in demand on the used market. With my username, you might guess why that was important to both of us!

gmc4h232

Post by gmc4h232 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:32 pm

Go to a reputable pawn shop or a consignment shop.

They have very good selections at reasonable prices.

andypanda

Post by andypanda » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:43 pm

Ask at the Pricescope/RockyTalk forum. The regulars will be happy to make recommendations based on your budget and preferences and they love to get the most for your money. I also enjoy reading the technical posts from the diamond trade members (they aren't allowed to sell stuff.)
Then you can hit the mall or Costco if you like. I looked at both places first - and a Diamonds Direct store - and then at a lot of on line vendors.

By the time I got around to actually purchasing a ring in April I went straight to Whiteflash.com. I bought a super ideal cut round diamond and had it mounted in a Vatche setting. Yeah, it was a little unsettling having to wire a lot of money for a 1.5-carat colorless diamond, but wiring saved 3% off the credit card price and it was fun to sit on the sofa and scroll through the diamonds and settings during happy hour. When we finally decided the ring was shipped from Houston to a secure Fedex facility here for pickup. They were wonderful to work with and I'm an old retired grouch. :beer

And you can always trade up - you get full credit if you buy a diamond that's $1 more.

They have a store in Houston if you're in the area.

andypanda

Post by andypanda » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:46 pm

https://youtu.be/_ughfAcTFPY

Video of CZ vs diamond side by side in different lighting. I don't think they look the same at all, especially if the diamond is well cut or a so-called super ideal cut.

KJVanguard

Post by KJVanguard » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:23 pm

andypanda wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:46 pm
https://youtu.be/_ughfAcTFPY

Video of CZ vs diamond side by side in different lighting. I don't think they look the same at all, especially if the diamond is well cut or a so-called super ideal cut.
There are different quality levels of CZ. For all I know that could be the bargain basement low-quality CZ and that's why it doesn't appear so brilliant and for all I know it could be compared to a "perfect" diamond. I have no idea if there is bias in such a test. I gave a link to top quality CZ which supposedly can be more visually appealing than an "average" diamond (of much higher price). I know quality CZ is colorless, while most diamonds have a yellowish tint (which is why they are set in yellow gold to hide this flaw).

andypanda

Post by andypanda » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:03 pm

All that may well be true. I don't know much about average diamonds - only that they are typically poorly cut and overpriced. And then there are the lesser/poorer quality labs printing meaningless certificates. And some mall stores that use an in house diamond grader instead of a reputable lab such as AGS or GIA. Buyer beware.

I just looked at the Yelp reviews of Birkat Elyon. I suppose all retailers have complaints about them, but there were plenty of positive ones too.

I personally don't think CZ looks at all like a well cut diamond. But then you should read the wide variety of opinions about any given diamond on Pricescope. People like or dislike the smallest things sometimes.

Soundwall

Post by Soundwall » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:08 pm

Costco :moneybag :sharebeer good luck

gluskap

Post by gluskap » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:32 pm

Definitely recommend going on Pricescope and learning about the 4C's on diamonds if that's the route you end up going. Learn to figure out what the most important parameters to you are and spend the money towards that. Cut is the most important as that determines how sparkly it is but clarity, I would only go for the lowest grade that isn't visible to the naked eye. Again for Color, most can't tell the difference between D-F or even G/H but there will be a big difference in price. As for size, yes totally recommend going 0.1 less than what she wants and just rounding up when people ask her how many carats. So if she wants a 1 carat get her 0.9 and no one can really tell a difference.

We ended up getting our $10k ring at James Allen which I really recommend for their customer service and selection and price. White flash I heard is also very good.

Topic Author
BoggledHead2

Post by BoggledHead2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:37 pm

Thank you all, very very much