Visa on Arrival Hanoi Vietnam

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
LifeIsGood

Visa on Arrival Hanoi Vietnam

Post by LifeIsGood »

I'll soon be flying to Hanoi Vietnam and will be using their Visa on Arrival to obtain my visa. I have the paper work filled out, a separate passport picture and the letter showing my name on a list for the visa. Can anyone offer any other advice to make this process go smoothly? After an 18 hr flight, my brain will probably be half baked and I hope to get out of the airport with a minimum amount of hassle.
champion_ham

Re: Visa on Arrival Hanoi Vietnam

Post by champion_ham »

I got an e-visa before traveling to Vietnam and the process was smooth. I can’t speak to the visa on arrival process. Why don’t you get an e-visa before arrival, so the worry and hassle of getting a visa when you land is removed?

E visa site: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt
Tatupu

Post by Tatupu »

Agree with above. I entered Vietnam through Hanoi a few days ago and got the e-visa in advance. It cost about $25 and was super easy.
Shallowpockets

Post by Shallowpockets »

Send in your paperwork. They will send back paperwork and you show it at the other end. You will have to wait in Hanoi, with others, and get the official visa in your passport. Your names will be on the record from your submitted paperwork.

It is really no big deal.
Topic Author
LifeIsGood

Post by LifeIsGood »

That's what I did.
Shallowpockets wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:36 am Send in your paperwork. They will send back paperwork and you show it at the other end. You will have to wait in Hanoi, with others, and get the official visa in your passport. Your names will be on the record from your submitted paperwork.

It is really no big deal.
SlowMovingInvestor

Post by SlowMovingInvestor »

If you don't mind answering, did you get one of the Cathay Pacific mistake fares ?
WhyNotUs

Post by WhyNotUs »

I came in via HCMC and did Visa on arrival, it was a non-event. Short line, paperwork in order and on to customs.
I own the next hot stock- VTSAX