Earbud or Headphone Recommendation

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
sam5

Earbud or Headphone Recommendation

Post by sam5 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:03 pm

Greetings, amazing community!

I’m looking for recommendations for wireless (bluetooth) headphones or earbuds. These would be used mainly while working out to listen to podcasts and music from a smart phone and/or tablet. Excellent sound quality is important, however “audiophile” sound quality is probably overkill. Sound isolation from gym equipment noise is very desirable, as would convenience and simplicity in operating this new device. My hands are not quite as clever and dexterous as they once were, so many tiny buttons are a deal breaker. I am prepared to spend $50 - $75.

LAFiddler

Re: Earbud or Headphone Recommendation

Post by LAFiddler » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:53 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Headph ... B0774K2WRM

I paid $60 for these in the summer. They are AWESOME. Simple, stay in my ear all day, good sound.

Ed_Sandwich

Post by Ed_Sandwich » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:18 pm

I have really liked my Airpods. I have an android and they work fine with it. Unobtrusive and good for any situation, and phone calls are great with them.

obgraham

Post by obgraham » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:08 am

By coincidence with OP, I just received a set of Senso Wireless Blutooth S-250 Active Buds. I was tired of getting wound up in the cords. They were $30 a set on Amazon.

I have weird earholes, and most earbuds, including everything Apple sells, will not fit in my ears. My Bose in-ear noise cancelling set is great, but very spendy.

This Senso earbud fits me, has 3 extra tips of various sizes, and hooks over my jug-lug. Stays in place very nicely and sounds great when paired to my iPad or phone via Blutooth. It'll be great for audiobooks on an upcoming long flight.

euroswiss

Post by euroswiss » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:51 pm

I don't find earbuds comfortable, so I prefer a headset type of device. I use the Trekz Titanium (https://aftershokz.com/collections/home ... z-titanium) at the gym and it works great with very good sound quality. Good (rechargeable) battery life. You can get it from Amazon for $75-80.

MRMN

Post by MRMN » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:30 pm

Plugfones!

Best noise cancelling earbuds out there. Cheap, stays put in any activity (since they’re earplugs) and sound quality is great.

Use them on the bus so I can be antisocial and don’t have to listen to other people! They’re perfect!

JustDumb

Post by JustDumb » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:28 pm

sam5 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:03 pm
Greetings, amazing community!

I’m looking for recommendations for wireless (bluetooth) headphones or earbuds. These would be used mainly while working out to listen to podcasts and music from a smart phone and/or tablet. Excellent sound quality is important, however “audiophile” sound quality is probably overkill. Sound isolation from gym equipment noise is very desirable, as would convenience and simplicity in operating this new device. My hands are not quite as clever and dexterous as they once were, so many tiny buttons are a deal breaker. I am prepared to spend $50 - $75.
Slightly out of the range, but I have these and they work well.

Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones, Black - *Like New, Factory Reconditioned*

I saw these for $90 on other world computing. Have not done a search to see if you can get them for <90.

-Dumb