Teeter [inversion table]

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Dontwasteit

Teeter [inversion table]

Post by Dontwasteit » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:02 am

The wife bought me a Teeter inversion table (Haven't put it together yet). Anyone else have one. How was putting it together? Any input on how you like it or dislike it would be appreciated.

LifeIsGood

Re: Teeter [inversion table]

Post by LifeIsGood » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:36 am

I bought an inversion table (not a Teeter brand) for back problems many years ago at Costco. It was very effective and I really liked it. Thankfully my back problems have resolved and now it gets most of its use by being lent out to friends.
In my case the pain relief was almost instantaneous upon being inverted. I'd hang for a couple of minutes (or until I felt my head was going to explode from all the pooled blood :D )

SpringMan

Post by SpringMan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:03 am

I discussed these with a physical therapist I was seeing for lower back issues (L4-L5). The verdict was she did not recommend them because of risks of having all that blood rush to your head. They could be good for the back but maybe cause other problems.
Best Wishes, SpringMan

Doom&Gloom

Post by Doom&Gloom » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:47 pm

DW bought one several years ago for mild, occasional pain in her back. A not-so-subtle additional motivation was to try to get me to use it for my more serious chronic back pain. She used it for about a year and was pretty happy with it. Since that time it has been shoved kind of out of the way. I think now it may be underneath a bed where it is not easily accessed.

She did finally ask me enough to get me to try it. Well before I was fully inverted, my back pain became excruciating. She could not get me back upright fast enough to suit me.

I don't recall it being a problem to assemble, but I would certainly encourage you not to try to use it alone until you get comfortable with it.

Scrapr

Post by Scrapr » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:01 pm

Neighbor got one and invited me to try it. I strap in and go "under".....I couldn't get back up! My core strength is poor. Mrs Scrapr was holding me hostage. Lesson learned. Always carry your phone and have your Phone a Friend handy

Topic Author
Dontwasteit

Post by Dontwasteit » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:35 pm

Scrapr...I believe you forgot to set it to your height. No core strength needed to get back up, just lift your arms. Remember you Must set it to your height.

Scrapr

Post by Scrapr » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:04 pm

Dontwasteit wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:35 pm
Scrapr...I believe you forgot to set it to your height. No core strength needed to get back up, just lift your arms. Remember you Must set it to your height.
Probably right. I was just over and looking at it when the neighbor (and Mrs scrapr) said jump on! Neighbor has advancing MS and loves it.