Need hotel near LAX

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Post Reply
User avatar
Topic Author
Gort
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:07 pm
Location: Idaho

Need hotel near LAX

Post by Gort » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:03 am

Friends,
Can you suggest a clean, quiet, reasonably priced hotel close to LAX with airport shuttle service. One night stay.
Thanks,
Gort

quantAndHold
Posts: 2954
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:39 pm

Re: Need hotel near LAX

Post by quantAndHold » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:08 am

We used the Quality Inn a couple of times. Nothing fancy, but it got the job done.

GuyInFL
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:17 pm

Re: Need hotel near LAX

Post by GuyInFL » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:23 am

Check Hotwire.com and select 4 * and LAX area.

02nz
Posts: 1478
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: Need hotel near LAX

Post by 02nz » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:16 am

The Hyatt Place in El Segundo is very very good. It's the new design, sleek, quiet (very well insulated from aircraft noise), comfortable. Rates vary a lot depending on demand.

User avatar
Fletch
Posts: 707
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: USA

Re: Need hotel near LAX

Post by Fletch » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:22 am

Red Lion - so so. Stayed there twice. Security iffy. Will not stay there again.

Airport Marriott - very good but a bit pricy, and worth every penny in my opinion, very good security. Has a good restaurant; good place to decompress and not worry about going out for food. Have stayed there several times but not for past year or so. Might be more than needed if you only need a room for the night and no amenities.
“Meaningless! Meaningless!” says the Teacher. Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. This too is meaningless.

User avatar
lthenderson
Posts: 3860
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:43 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: Need hotel near LAX

Post by lthenderson » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:56 am

Fletch wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:22 am
Airport Marriott - very good but a bit pricy, and worth every penny in my opinion, very good security. Has a good restaurant; good place to decompress and not worry about going out for food. Have stayed there several times but not for past year or so. Might be more than needed if you only need a room for the night and no amenities.
Good to hear. I have a room booked there in a couple weeks.

Jordan4FI
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 11:00 am
Location: Honduras

Re: Need hotel near LAX

Post by Jordan4FI » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:49 am

There are plenty within walking distance...

User avatar
Fletch
Posts: 707
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: USA

Re: Need hotel near LAX

Post by Fletch » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:26 pm

lthenderson wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:56 am
Fletch wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:22 am
Airport Marriott - very good but a bit pricy, and worth every penny in my opinion, very good security. Has a good restaurant; good place to decompress and not worry about going out for food. Have stayed there several times but not for past year or so. Might be more than needed if you only need a room for the night and no amenities.
Good to hear. I have a room booked there in a couple weeks.
Let me know how you think it is now. I might be going there in a few months. Hope you have a good stay.
“Meaningless! Meaningless!” says the Teacher. Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. This too is meaningless.

mindgap
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: Need hotel near LAX

Post by mindgap » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:33 pm

Custom Hotel. My parents stayed there and seems to be ok.

itaos
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:58 am

Re: Need hotel near LAX

Post by itaos » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:51 pm

I second the suggestion for Hyatt Place in El Segundo

SixAlpha
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:01 pm

Re: Need hotel near LAX

Post by SixAlpha » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:13 pm

I've stayed at both the Four Points and the Westin. I enjoyed both. Keep in mind that LAX has a really funky shared shuttle system for hotels. 3-4 hotels will share the same shuttle, and the guests at the hotel at the end of the line are often frustrated by full busses. Worth checking reviews to see if this is an issue at the hotel you're interested in.

Nearly A Moose
Posts: 966
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:28 pm

Re: Need hotel near LAX

Post by Nearly A Moose » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:56 pm

I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard right by the airport when I had an early morning flight back. A bit pricey compared to your typical Courtyard, but modern, clean, large and nice room, and there’s a bar and I think a restaurant onsite. There’s a Hyatt something or other right next to it that’s probably comparable. It looked like you could walk to the airport from there, but it was late when I got there, early when I left, and I couldn’t easily figure it out. It probably would have been faster than the cab. No offense to folks in LA, but I can’t stand traveling there. To each his own, fortunately.
Pardon typos, I'm probably using my fat thumbs on a tiny phone.

NoMad18
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:10 am

Re: Need hotel near LAX

Post by NoMad18 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:21 am

Fletch wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:22 am
Red Lion - so so. Stayed there twice. Security iffy. Will not stay there again.

Airport Marriott - very good but a bit pricy, and worth every penny in my opinion, very good security. Has a good restaurant; good place to decompress and not worry about going out for food. Have stayed there several times but not for past year or so. Might be more than needed if you only need a room for the night and no amenities.
+1 on the Marriott!

User avatar
JoMoney
Posts: 6711
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:31 am

Re: Need hotel near LAX

Post by JoMoney » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:29 am

"To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks." - Benjamin Graham

User avatar
lthenderson
Posts: 3860
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:43 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: Need hotel near LAX

Post by lthenderson » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:11 pm

Fletch wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:26 pm
lthenderson wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:56 am
Fletch wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:22 am
Airport Marriott - very good but a bit pricy, and worth every penny in my opinion, very good security. Has a good restaurant; good place to decompress and not worry about going out for food. Have stayed there several times but not for past year or so. Might be more than needed if you only need a room for the night and no amenities.
Good to hear. I have a room booked there in a couple weeks.
Let me know how you think it is now. I might be going there in a few months. Hope you have a good stay.
Following up on your request. We had a very good overnight stay there on our way to the Pacific rim the following day. From LAX we caught their shuttle bus which dropped us off at the lobby. Maybe about a ten minute ride, mostly dealing with stoplights and traffic. They were well staffed and we were checked into our rooms within minutes of our arrival. We decompressed, ate an early supper at one of several restaurants in the lobby and retired for the night in the clean rooms. The next morning we caught the same shuttle from the lobby back to the airport and he dropped us off less than 50 feet from the check in desk for our flight. I would definitely stay there again.

User avatar
FlyAF
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:14 am

Re: Need hotel near LAX

Post by FlyAF » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:04 pm

NoMad18 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:21 am
Fletch wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:22 am
Red Lion - so so. Stayed there twice. Security iffy. Will not stay there again.

Airport Marriott - very good but a bit pricy, and worth every penny in my opinion, very good security. Has a good restaurant; good place to decompress and not worry about going out for food. Have stayed there several times but not for past year or so. Might be more than needed if you only need a room for the night and no amenities.
+1 on the Marriott!
+2 on the Marriott as well as the restaurant, surprisingly good.

Post Reply