11/28 Today Only, buy a phone on Google FI and get travel gift card of same value

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
JoeJohnson

Re: 11/28 Today Only, buy a phone on Google FI and get travel gift card of same value

Post by JoeJohnson » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:12 pm

michaeljc70 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:05 pm
JoeJohnson wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:15 pm
michaeljc70 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:51 pm
I have an upcoming trip, so I tried to redeem my $900 voucher. I clicked the link in the email and it says the available balance is $0. I contacted the 3rd party voucher firm and they said they would inform Google as it is on their end. I'm not sure what is going on. I figure it could be 1) someone stole it somewhere along the process and redeemed it 2) Google revoked it (I'm sure I satisfied the terms) 3) the 3rd party company made some mistake. They say it can take 2-3 weeks to resolve which isn't good as I finally have a reason to use this (and the booking is around Thanksgiving so the earlier the better).

Has anyone else had issues redeeming the voucher for the gift cards?
Mine has gone from $550 to $20 without my knowledge
Interesting. I am not sure if mine ever had the $900 it was supposed to. I don't remember if I clicked the link when I got the email or not. I just hope they don't try and blame the loss on me.
They've made me whole, but it's quite silly that a big tech company like Google was dumb enough to not put a login and/or PIN on the redemption. The system is now set up so the redemption of gift cards can only be sent to my email address. My email address is pre-populated and cannot be changed.

"Thank you for participating in our Travel on Fi promotion. We are reaching out because according to our records, a different email address was able to access and redeem $525 of your Tango Reward Link, possibly through malware.

While Google Fi is not responsible for loss due to compromise, we would still like to see you enjoy travel on us as was intended. We would like to offer you a new gift card for this amount as a one time exception.

Your new Tango gift card link is below. We have also taken the precautionary step of restricting the redemption of this new code to your email account. We would love to hear back with confirmation once you have received and accessed it successfully."

michaeljc70

Re: 11/28 Today Only, buy a phone on Google FI and get travel gift card of same value

Post by michaeljc70 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:57 am

JoeJohnson wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:12 pm
michaeljc70 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:05 pm
JoeJohnson wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:15 pm
michaeljc70 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:51 pm
I have an upcoming trip, so I tried to redeem my $900 voucher. I clicked the link in the email and it says the available balance is $0. I contacted the 3rd party voucher firm and they said they would inform Google as it is on their end. I'm not sure what is going on. I figure it could be 1) someone stole it somewhere along the process and redeemed it 2) Google revoked it (I'm sure I satisfied the terms) 3) the 3rd party company made some mistake. They say it can take 2-3 weeks to resolve which isn't good as I finally have a reason to use this (and the booking is around Thanksgiving so the earlier the better).

Has anyone else had issues redeeming the voucher for the gift cards?
Mine has gone from $550 to $20 without my knowledge
Interesting. I am not sure if mine ever had the $900 it was supposed to. I don't remember if I clicked the link when I got the email or not. I just hope they don't try and blame the loss on me.
They've made me whole, but it's quite silly that a big tech company like Google was dumb enough to not put a login and/or PIN on the redemption. The system is now set up so the redemption of gift cards can only be sent to my email address. My email address is pre-populated and cannot be changed.

"Thank you for participating in our Travel on Fi promotion. We are reaching out because according to our records, a different email address was able to access and redeem $525 of your Tango Reward Link, possibly through malware.

While Google Fi is not responsible for loss due to compromise, we would still like to see you enjoy travel on us as was intended. We would like to offer you a new gift card for this amount as a one time exception.

Your new Tango gift card link is below. We have also taken the precautionary step of restricting the redemption of this new code to your email account. We would love to hear back with confirmation once you have received and accessed it successfully."
I got the same thing today. Although it is possible it happened on my end, my email password was changed a few months ago and I've had nothing else impacted. I run anti-malware/virus software on all my computers. I think it was something/someone on their end. I agree that just having us click a link to get the giftcards was silly.