Beaches Resort on Turks and Caicos

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
TravelforFun

Beaches Resort on Turks and Caicos

Post by TravelforFun »

Who have been there? Do you like it or not? I'm thinking about booking a trip there to celebrate our 42nd anniversary in February. Advice appreciated.

TravelforFun
ResearchMed

Re: Beaches Resort on Turks and Caicos

Post by ResearchMed »

TravelforFun wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:55 am Who have been there? Do you like it or not? I'm thinking about booking a trip there to celebrate our 42nd anniversary in February. Advice appreciated.

TravelforFun
Our "kids/grands" went there about a year ago and had a wonderful time.
Do you have children with you?
Note that we have no direct experience ourselves.

Two years ago, we spent a week at the Fairmont Royal Pavilion on Barbados. Amazing.

It's one of the few right ON the beach, grandfathered in that location. (I was sure the photos would turn out to be misleading. Not!)
Alas, they just completed major renovations, and rates are now sky high, starting in the very near future (last time I checked). Not sure we'll be back at those rates. Nope, I'm sure we won't be, not at *those* rates.

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
wfrobinette

Post by wfrobinette »

TravelforFun wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:55 am Who have been there? Do you like it or not? I'm thinking about booking a trip there to celebrate our 42nd anniversary in February. Advice appreciated.

TravelforFun
If you aren't take young kids, go to an adult only resort. Beaches is the Sandals for families.

Sandals, Excellence(IMHO better than sandals and much less cost), El Dorado and Secrets are some I have been to in the past.
jacoavlu

Post by jacoavlu »

Beaches T&C is excellent, we’ve been twice, with kids. Not sure I’d go without kids.
deecee

Post by deecee »

I echo the sentiment that Beaches is a family resort. I took my family in August, wife, 6yo and 2yo, and it was great, but I recommend an adults only resort for a romantic anniversary.
Calli114

Post by Calli114 »

If you're looking in the luxurious range the Gansevoort is nice, and on a gorgeous part of the beach. Look up some pictures, they do not lie.
Also, I got freaked out by trying to look up the weather report. I learned they can have very brief afternoon showers, but on the forecast it looks as if it rains every day. The weather was pretty perfect when I once went in Jan.
Sandi_k

Post by Sandi_k »

We stayed in the Sands at Grace Bay when we went last year. Much more sedate. Each "room" was essentially a suite, with a small kitchen, plus laundry in the room. The best part is that the patio was screened.

We made sure to go to the store nearby, and bought breakfast munchies, rum, diet coke and juice, so we could snack lightly in the morning, and have happy hour inexpensively at night - we ate out for lunch and dinner.

Lovely island!